Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan Transfer window thread (DEADLINE DAY STARTS P85)

Comments

• Options
    Strengthening in centre midfield and replacement for midfield is needed. The With Yann gone the other french striker mentioned would be great as Reza maybe not quite ready. Max Gradel would be an unexpected bonus. Without strengthening the midfield or wings / where is the service going to come from ? If that is it then team does not look strong enough.

With the news that it does not matter to Roland financially whether relegation comes or not, then you can see why the effort to replace is half hearted. Lets hope that there are a few late surprise additions to give the team a fighting chance and a reason for supporters to bother turning up for the remainder of the season.
  • Options
    If that's that then it's not good enough. Nowhere near. Shouldn't have let Stephens go if he wasn't being replaced.
  • Options
    Yeovil Town have signed Manchester United forward Tom Lawrence on a three-month youth loan.
  • Options
    vff said:

Strengthening in centre midfield and replacement for midfield is needed. The With Yann gone the other french striker mentioned would be great as Reza maybe not quite ready. Max Gradel would be an unexpected bonus. Without strengthening the midfield or wings / where is the service going to come from ? If that is it then team does not look strong enough.

With the news that it does not matter to Roland financially whether relegation comes or not, then you can see why the effort to replace is half hearted. Lets hope that there are a few late surprise additions to give the team a fighting chance and a reason for supporters to bother turning up for the remainder of the season.

and you know the effort to replace is half hearted how exactly?

• Options

If there is no mid-field signing tonight it is quite possible that there still could be a loan signing from within the RD "network" after the transfer window has closed. And we can expect them to show more commitment than some of the loanees we have had in the past.

We need them right now though.
  • Options
    If we made a move for Grandin now that he has been released by Palace, and a loan deal for Owen Garvan when the loan window reopens I will be a happy bunny.
  • Options
    looks like Simone Jackson has left his German team as twitted to say he wish them luck for the season.
  • Options
    Simeon Jackson ‏@JacksonSimeon 11m
    Wishing Eintracht Braunschweig @EintrachtBSNews all the best tonight and for the rest of the season!

Looks like he's going somewhere, probably Millwall though.
  • Options

looks like Simone Jackson has left his German team as twitted to say he wish them luck for the season.

Millwall, done deal. Don't need him now anyway.
  • Options

on his way to Millwall as they need to replace Andy Keogh.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    'charlton are in agreement with sainte to sign gradel but player does not want move yet'
  • Options

'charlton are in agreement with sainte to sign gradel but player does not want move yet'

With this shitty weather we're having, can you blame him?

• Options

Where is this from? Very promising if true.
  • Options
    Ross said:

If we made a move for Grandin now that he has been released by Palace, and a loan deal for Owen Garvan when the loan window reopens I will be a happy bunny.

My thoughts exactly,try to get Garv on a perm now though?

• Options

some french website, looks like hes waiting for a prem move and we're a last resort
  • Options
    MillSmall getting players over us. :-/
  • Options

he doesn't have to move yet......but just before 23:00 hrs tonight will be fine!!!

• Options
    I hate it when no link is shown. It is just a line of text. Could be from anywhere.
  • Options
    Gradel turned West Ham down so I'd be amazed if we got him.
  • Options
    I said at the time jackson is not the answer and I stick by it

Watch goochi and pete go
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

some french website, looks like hes waiting for a prem move and we're a last resort
    I'm fine with being last resort, as long as we eventually get him....
  • Options

Wasn't it the other way around?
  • Options

Wasn't there talk he wants to play to get a place in the World Cup squad? Hoping we still have a chance.
  • Options
    Well if Iain Liddle says no more then surely that's that.
  • Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 30s
    Did hear that couple of loan enquiries knocked back for Danny Green. #cafc Sounds like nothing else doing tonight.
  • Options
    Dench - Barnsley have signed Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong for an undisclosed fee on a deal until the end of the season.
  • Options
    Doubt we're looking at another winger if Green isn't moving out.
  • Options
    If that's the case, then we have 1 midfielder who is good enough. Cousins. That's it.
  • Options

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 30s
    Did hear that couple of loan enquiries knocked back for Danny Green. #cafc Sounds like nothing else doing tonight.

Well it seems overwhelming that we aren't signing anyone else today, leaves us incredibly weak in midfield.
  • Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 2m

Loan window opens soon and #cafc not got many of those already......

Could always be waiting a week