Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan Transfer window thread (DEADLINE DAY STARTS P85)

Comments

• Options
    Then it will be an overwhelmingly negative deadline day for me.
  • Options
    Could be waiting to see what Gradel does before we send Green out when the loan window opens.
  • Options

Gradel turned West Ham down so I'd be amazed if we got him.

but PP didn't go to WHU, they wanted him but he chose us :-) http://www.london24.com/sport/championship/charlton_beat_west_ham_to_de_graafschap_striker_but_duo_set_for_exit_1_3260852
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Reckon we was hoping for three or four in today and we're probably going to have got just one of them. :(
  • Options
    but we knew about the piotr deal and that he was signing this morning, so why would they say this on the os

'Funds received from the transfer will be used to strengthen the Charlton playing squad before January transfer window closes at 11pm on Friday evening.'

we must be in for someone?
  • Options
    Hmmm sounding ominous.

Another one or two and we could have come out of the window noticeably stronger before anything happens on the pitch. Now sounds like we'll have to hope those on the pitch are either dynamite (Reza and PP) or better than expected (AA and Nego).
  • Options
    bellers ‏@abellamy1988 6m
    @RichCawleySLP not great what happened with the max gradel rumours?

To which Cawley responded with:

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 2m
    @abellamy1988 Had bid accepted but player did not push through deal.
  • Options
    We're not buying tins of beans. We may well be in for people but if they say 'no', there is not much we can do.
  • Options
    Beans talk to me all the time
  • Options
    Gradle might be a late one, holding out got something then if it doesn't changing his mind
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What are you hearing @nth london addick? Any more signings for us tonight?
  • Options
    How many loans are we allowed? Surely we'll see at least two more in tonight!
  • Options
    Can only play 5
  • Options
    Nothing I still expect more though so keeping things crossed

If not now I expect a couple of loans in
  • Options
    Someone nip down the Valley see if the lights are still on ;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Interesting Stat I just saw ... Simon church has created more chances this season then dale Stephan's ... Yet we'r gutted about loosing him
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    gradel 100% off :( just instagrammed that he was on way back from london and is looking forward to playing against valciennes

guessing he really didnt want to come
  • Options

but we knew about the piotr deal and that he was signing this morning, so why would they say this on the os

'Funds received from the transfer will be used to strengthen the Charlton playing squad before January transfer window closes at 11pm on Friday evening.'

we must be in for someone?

Being 'in' for someone and being able to finalise the deal are two different things.

At current, we've sold our best attacking player, another young striker, arguably our best player this season, a goalkeeper who has been impressive in recent weeks and sent a third striker out on loan.

In return we've signed two unproven strikers (one of whom it appears we didn't originally intend to sign this month), a midfielder who has not been a success previously in England (albeit as a younger player), an 18 year winger who looks like he weighs about 15 lb, and a goalkeeper we didn't really need until we sold the other one. Oh and a right back who we probably did have room for in the squad.

Still some time left in this window and the emergency loan option is still there, but... at this current moment, we are up on numbers but probably no stronger and possibly weaker overall in the two areas we all agreed needed to be strengthened if we were to improve our chances of staying up.

I don't think this has been a particularly good transfer window for us at all and we've probably made a net profit seeing as everyone except Peter Pervis has come from one of Roland's other clubs.

I hope I'm wrong and the new guys all turn out to be hidden superstars, but we're putting awful lot of hope on a few young and inexperienced players.

• Options
    Simon Church is meant to be a striker
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

gradel 100% off :( just instagrammed that he was on way back from london and is looking forward to playing against valciennes

We're screwed.
  • Options

We're screwed.
    Well, there are other wingers we just don't seem to be signing them.
  • Options
    Cousins and Jackson is good enough IMO now that we've got a couple of half decent wingers.
  • Options

Cousins and Jackson is good enough IMO now that we've got a couple of half decent wingers.

And strikers.
  • Options

Who?

• Options

And strikers.
    Assuming they are decent.
  • Options
    Who is more reliable regarding transfers Richard Cawley or Alex Varney?
  • Options
    we can only have one more loan aswell
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Who are the wingers? And Jacko should be nowhere near a champ stating 11 with all due respect. At present, I would say our first choice 11 (no injuries) would be:

Thuram

Solly
    Wiggins
    Morro
    Wood

Wilson
    Cousins
    Ajdarevic
    Harriot

Reza
    Parsley

Subs

Hamer
    Nego
    Dervite
    Jackson
    Koc
    Church
    Sordell
  • Options
    Bollox. If that's it, then we may well have gone backwards in this window - something we couldn't afford with a squad that had shown itself to be seriously weak overall.

I hope something else happens, and quickly. I bet Wigan can't wait to play us tomorrow...