Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan Transfer window thread (DEADLINE DAY STARTS P85)

Comments

• Options

Who is more reliable regarding transfers Richard Cawley or Alex Varney?

If Cawley is saying we're getting no-one more, then him.

• Options
    This whole Jim White stuff on Sky Sports is so cringe.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

What are you hearing @nth london addick? Any more signings for us tonight?

No more signings tonight. We're done.

We have sold our current number 1 goalkeeper, our main midfielder and our main striker. We have replaced them with a goalie on loan, two strikers the manager knew nothing about a month ago, and a right back who has played 23 pro games in his career, and was not getting games in Hungary.

We are significantly weaker than at the start of the window, with a dressing room undermined by the sales and the brining in of players the squad know the manager had no hand in. Yet some are pleased? Who is going to play in midfield? Even if these strikers are incredible, we were making very few chances before we sold Stephens. Fingers crossed Poyet is a revelation.
    I though Powell said he's been looking at PP for some time????
  • Options
    Sorry, I got excited about signing Bakambu and Gradel and forgot we havn't. You're all right we're screwed.
  • Options
    The above 'best team' makes me weep.

CB's not quick enough,RB not fit, midfield not up to Champ and 2x untried strikers.

Hope I am wrong but that looks awful to me.
  • Options
    Reza Gooch is a 'striker/winger' though.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Who are the wingers? And Jacko should be nowhere near a champ stating 11 with all due respect. At present, I would say our first choice 11 (no injuries) would be:

Thuram
    Solly - Wiggins - Morro - Wood
    Wilson - Cousins - Ajdarevic - Harriott
    Reza - Parsley

Subs

Hamer - Nego - Dervite - Jackson - Koc - Church - Sordell

I'd only slightly change that squad... Would have to put Jackson in ahead of Ajdarevic and I'd also put Harriott on the bench (big goal threat still). I'd put Reza out on the wing and have Church up from alongside Parsley... Reason being you'd keep Church's energy (especially as its been said he's created more chances that Stephens this season) whilst I feel Reza on the left would be more of an attacking threat than Harriott (who I'd use as an impact player with Koc)

i.e..

Thuram
    Solly - Morrison - Wood - Wiggins
    Wilson - Cousins - Jackson - Reza
    Church - Parsley
  • Options

Reza Gooch is a 'striker/winger' though.

Sure I read he played on the wing earlier in his career. I doubt he'll be much use in a 442.
  • Options
    Personally I thought we were probably only a few players short of a decent championship side, maybe not play-off contenders, but with a few decent signings then we should have been good enough to pull away from the relegation zone. But now we've sold our goalkeeper, creative central midfielder and centre forward. That's the spine of the team gone, replaced by players that we don't know, don't know us and more importantly don't know football in this division. Unless there are some significant last minute signings or good use of the loan system, I see a long, hard second-half of the season for us.
  • Options
    ---------Thauram
    ---Morro - Wood - Dervite
    Solly------------------Wiggy
    ----Astrit - Cousins - Poyet
    -------Pole - Gucci
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why the fuck are they getting Simon Jordan's opinion on Sky Sports News?

He looks like one of the dwarfs from the Hobbit film just without the beard!!
  • Options
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/profile/15126/ForeverAddickted

What has this got to do with this thread?
  • Options
    Addicked said:

Personally I thought we were probably only a few players short of a decent championship side, maybe not play-off contenders, but with a few decent signings then we should have been good enough to pull away from the relegation zone. But now we've sold our goalkeeper, creative central midfielder and centre forward. That's the spine of the team gone, replaced by players that we don't know, don't know us and more importantly don't know football in this division. Unless there are some significant last minute signings or good use of the loan system, I see a long, hard second-half of the season for us.

Sold our reserve goalkeeper and got a younger player looking to go to the world cup. Centre forward, with great qualities but did not score many goals for two young and hungry strickers, and a midfielder that many thought too weak for the Championship. (I thought he was actually very good.) With another midfielder that wants to be here. Change is as good as a rest - we go again and see if we can do better second half of the season than we did the first.

Happy overall and believe others will join at a later time. If not today tben February.
  • Options
    Reams on ITTV thinks 3 more to come. 2 cash deals accepted.
  • Options
    is he ever really right though
  • Options
    kodfish said:

Its bullshit
  • Options
    Who is reams and what is ittv? And has he mentioned names?
  • Options
    The window goes to 11 I have hope lots of hope
  • Options
    kodfish said:

1 was probably Gradel & he's on a plane home.
  • Options
    kodfish said:

If they don't come soon, they'll never get to Wigan on time.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    kodfish said:

Yet that could mean nothing as we had a cash bid accepted for Gradel earlier yet he said no. Its going to be more down to personal terms than the actual offers.
  • Options

This whole Jim White stuff on Sky Sports is so cringe.

It really is.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Centre forward, with great qualities but did not score many goals

One goal every 2.5 starts, 5 in his last 8 after regaining full match fitness having suffered a lot of niggly injuries earlier this season. In my book that's actually a pretty respectable scoring rate to go with the 'great qualities'.

I think we're expecting a lot if we think either Reza or Pete will be more prolific than this in the last 4 months of this season.

• Options

Care to share any names?
  • Options

Our own head of media said no more?
  • Options
    kodfish said:

He is always wrong though.
  • Options
    I think there will be a couple of late surprises. Too late for tomorrow mind you but you can't sign someone tonight and expect them to play tomorrow. And Liddle is not instrumental in signings just announcing them and he can do that from home on his phone if necessary.
  • Options
    Elliot Grandin is a free agent and can be signed outside the transfer window so maybe we are in discussions with him knowing deadline day doesnt come into the equation.
  • Options
    Also don't forget out of contract players like Grandin we can sign anytime.
  • Options

Our own head of media said no more?
    Since when does he know whats going on ;-)