Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan Transfer window thread (DEADLINE DAY STARTS P85)

Comments

• Options
    We're no longer interested in Wood so I'm guessing we're not looking at any more strikers
  • Options
    Let him go. We need the space for a loan in Feb.
  • Options
    To a degree J yeah I am I think that the squad needed changing and goals are a huge issue for us so the 2 in makes sense

I think astrid is to replace dale and loic is cover for the forever injured solly

Wiggins staying is huge plus

Who knows how good the boy koc is and with diego stepping up maybe its time

I aint unhappy with it if we got another mid in I would be very happy
  • Options
    Just confirmed with Andy Ambler that #millwall are closed for business

Go get Jackson Charlton!
  • Options
    we don't need jackson, we need midfielders
  • Options
    True we need midfielders but if Jackson is available on the cheap then why not do it?
  • Options
    Seems strange that we had the money for a Gradel deal and have no back up for him when it fell through. Surely if you're willing to spend up to a million on one player, others have been identified for a similar amount?
  • Options

Just confirmed with Andy Ambler that #millwall are closed for business

Go get Jackson Charlton!

@JacksonSimeon: Wet London love this place...
  • Options
    Midfielders desperately needed...
  • Options
    Proven championship striker...get him powelly!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cant turn down good players
  • Options
    S Jackson in London and apparently millwall are done !
    I'll be happy for reza on the wing with Jackson and Polish Pete upfront .
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Remember Jackson is now a free agent to so he wouldn't have to be completed by the 11pm deadline.

If Sordell did go on loan to Watford, then I would happily take the upgrade of Jackson.

Might also mean we could play Reza on the wing to help the whole lack of a decent winger thing?
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

But where we would you play Church .... ?

• Options
    A front 3 with Church and Reza wide would be quite good perhaps. Then Jackson, Cousins and Adjarevic holding.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Yann897 said:

But where we would you play Church .... ?

Blackheath Common
    Left Back - in the changing rooms, full of running but could not finish his dinner!
  • Options
    Maybe Church could drop back to midfield. It sure worked for Martin Robinson a few years ago.

• Options
    Coulsdon are you not a fan of the church then??
  • Options
    George Jones ‏@G92Jones 16s

Simeon Jackson has arrived in London... #Millwall #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We won't let Sordell go unless we have a replacement it's our shout too. Both clubs have to agree.
  • Options
    maybe we have told bolton we're getting jackson so dont want sordell and then watford heard and contacted bolton
  • Options

Maybe Church could drop back to midfield. It sure worked for Martin Robinson a few years ago.

Theres an interesting idea. Would have to practise tackling a bit so that he doesn't jump and concede quite so many free kicks.
  • Options
    Having seen Church shoot from inside the box, can you imagine his shots from outside the box?
  • Options
    Looks like he's going millwall , really think we needed more than one signing today bit gutted,
    But on the other hand apart from yann I think we have done good business this window.
  • Options
    Cawley thinks Jackson if off to Millwall still.
  • Options
    with how hard he works he could play in midfield somewhere. good link up play, just has a weak shot
  • Options
    Jackson up top allowing Goochy to play on wing could be interesting. Would still need a CM, LM and CB to stay up though!
  • Options
    From the Mirror transfer update thingy:

''Former Norwich striker Simeon Jackson is heading back from Eintracht Braunschweig to sign for Championship Millwall.

He's tweeted he is in a 'wet London' and I can reveal he is heading to the New Den on a six month deal until the end of the season as he hasn't played much in Germany'

At 9:36 on the timeline on this link:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-latest-transfer-3095786#ixzz2s0zkskVK
  • Options
    fog horn said:

Coulsdon are you not a fan of the church then??

Whatever gave you that idea! At any level of football you need a centre forward to score goals on a regular basis which we don't have and hopefully one of the new signings will. We seem to idolise players here who have limited ability with no end product going back to Leaburn days just because they make it look like they are doing something without actually doing anything!