Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan Transfer window thread (DEADLINE DAY STARTS P85)

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't mind us signing Louis Tomlinson
  • Options
    This last day has been so boring.

Even with the Premiership clubs, no big deals at all.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

They could have afforded to give him his debut the other night
  • Options
    dizzee said:

We've signed enough front men now
  • Options
    All over. Midfield not up to it. Surprised we did not strengthen, mad to let Stephens go if we did not have a deal tied up with someone else IMO.
  • Options
    We'll do something in the loan window.
  • Options

We'll have to, I'm disappointed that we didn't immediately re-invest the funds from the sales like it said we would on the OS.
  • Options

Not good enough. We needed it for tomorrow. It's like forfeiting a game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ha sounds like your telling me off :(
  • Options
    Can still sign out of contract players though.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Yep! That ranks up there with my 5 year old stomping his feet when I made him turn the xbox off tonight! ;)
  • Options

We'll have to, I'm disappointed that we didn't immediately re-invest the funds from the sales like it said we would on the OS.
    If it is true we offered 1.5m for Gradel, then it was not from not trying to use the funds. I can imagine him not wanting to come to relegation candidates from Champ team if he was hoping to come and sign for a Premiership team.

probably better to keep hold for some decent loans than panic buy someone we don't want or who is too greedy.
  • Options
    Grandin and S Jackson on frees, then Eisfeld on loan next week anyone?

*dreaming*
  • Options

Ha sounds like your telling me off :(
    Well we previously were all led to believe that you had direct influence over CP's transfer policy, so frankly I feel you've let us down cej.

What are you doing up at this time of night anyway young man! Get to bed and think about what you've done.

• Options
    When does the loan window open? The gap between could be painful with our midfield left.
  • Options
    So much for reinvesting the Yann and Stephens money back into the squad this window as stated by the club. RD talks a good game but doesn't back it up.
  • Options
    Part of me thinks we've signed someone and it's just not been announced yet.

Can't believe it if we haven't
  • Options

If it is true we offered 1.5m for Gradel, then it was not from not trying to use the funds. I can imagine him not wanting to come to relegation candidates from Champ team if he was hoping to come and sign for a Premiership team.

probably better to keep hold for some decent loans than panic buy someone we don't want or who is too greedy.
    While I agree the figure of 1 mill (thats what the SLP reported) did show great ambition and an attempt at using the funds, Gradel was out of our league so you'd have thought a replacement would've been lined up if it fell through like it did.

Just saying it leaves the midfield incredibly bare and lacking in creativity, unless Poyet or the youth can step up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We agreed 1 million for a player and he did not want to come. Give Roland a chance ffs we are in the bottom three so not the best attraction for a player
  • Options
    We should've offered £10m for Messi.

Sure it would have been rejected by the player, but it shows intent without actually costing anything.
  • Options
    its still in the bank, if the right potential loanee was available I am sure it will be used. Better not to spend on the wrong player. We are where we are, lets move on now.

we live in interesting times indeed.
  • Options
    robroy said:

We agreed 1 million for a player and he did not want to come. Give Roland a chance ffs we are in the bottom three so not the best attraction for a player

I'm not surprised - we need to lower our sights a bit as there is no way that type of player would come to us. might as well be bidding for McCormack or Le Frondre in that case.
  • Options

Part of me thinks we've signed someone and it's just not been announced yet.

Can't believe it if we haven't

Been thinking the same. We usually get a night folks from the official twitter feed and that hasn't been forthcoming.

Perhaps wishful thinking.
  • Options
    You never know.. Moving Ajdarević into CM might be a masterstroke. We have a habit of doing that at Charlton. Look at Cousins, Euell, Andy Reid, Kishishev, Konchesky, Pritchard etc etc.
  • Options
    You can still do deals up to 2 hours after the 11pm deadline as long as the paper work I.e the signature of both clubs and player reach the relevant associations before 11pm. So basically enables you to iron out little details. Something might still happen
  • Options
    Beckboy said:

You can still do deals up to 2 hours after the 11pm deadline as long as the paper work I.e the signature of both clubs and player reach the relevant associations before 11pm. So basically enables you to iron out little details. Something might still happen

you're very much deluded if you think that.

we may get a couple of loans in next week or a couple of un-attached players but no one spectacular.

unless the 2 new strikers can hit the ground running and can create goals from nothing then we are going down.
  • Options

Beckboy said:

you're very much deluded if you think that.

we may get a couple of loans in next week or a couple of un-attached players but no one spectacular.

unless the 2 new strikers can hit the ground running and can create goals from nothing then we are going down.
    Why deluded? .Not say it will happen
  • Options
    kodfish said:

Reams on ITTV thinks 3 more to come. 2 cash deals accepted.

Seems he talks crap then