Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan Transfer window thread (DEADLINE DAY STARTS P85)

Comments

• Options
    PL54 said:

kodfish said:

Reams on ITTV thinks 3 more to come. 2 cash deals accepted.

Seems he talks crap then

They may have been accepted by the clubs doesn't mean your going to reach an agreement with the player and his agent

• Options
    I genuinely think we tried but what we have in midfield won't be good enough. Loan window is all we can hope for.
  • Options

Part of me thinks we've signed someone and it's just not been announced yet.

Can't believe it if we haven't

Yes I agree, hard to believe.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

kodfish said:

Reams on ITTV thinks 3 more to come. 2 cash deals accepted.

Seems he talks crap then

Well i never...
  • Options
    Razvan Rat has been released by West Ham. Maybe he wants to link up with his Dad Roland?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Has Creepy Cawley gone beddy byes?
  • Options
    I have - what a damp squib! Two players short - League One here we come unless we do something special in loan window.
  • Options
    Been on the piss all night. Was expecting some signing but no. Not convinced we are strong enough to avoid the drop. Gutted.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    reza and peter will fire us to safety
  • Options
    How are we going to supply them?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How are we going to supply them?

You not heard of Danny Green,
  • Options
    Who were the four new faces at the training ground if we've only signed 3?
  • Options

I know I'll get ripped for this but I honestly believe if green is given a good run in the side he could be the creative spark we are looking for would even play him in the hole behind the strikers. Whether you like him or not you cannot deny he is one of our only players who can create something out of nothing

Agreed
  • Options
    The trouble with Danny Green is he tends to create something out of nothing but quickly turns it back into nothing again. Depending on if there are any loan arrivals before then, I'd think about starting him in the next home game though, but not tomorrow. Nego will need some protection on his debut - I reckon Pritch will start.
  • Options
    Well he's better than nothing that's for sure. We may have to.

Adjarevic, Jackson, Cousins, Green is possibly our best midfield.
  • Options
    Depending on whether Nego us any good which will free up Wilson to play right mid.
  • Options
    If Danny Green is the answer, you are asking all the wrong questions.

He is likely to get his chance and as he is now a senior player it maybe the making of him. I do hope so and I would be really pleased for him if that happens.
  • Options
    mart77 said:

Who were the four new faces at the training ground if we've only signed 3?

Some people think Jackson is passed it, perhaps he's had face lift.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The midfield does look weak but have been thinking is it any weaker than last season? Stephens has gone but he was not in the team during our run at the end.
  • Options

I know I'll get ripped for this but I honestly believe if green is given a good run in the side he could be the creative spark we are looking for would even play him in the hole behind the strikers. Whether you like him or not you cannot deny he is one of our only players who can create something out of nothing

Disagreed
  • Options

Well he's better than nothing that's for sure. We may have to.

Adjarevic, Jackson, Cousins, Green is possibly our best midfield.

That midfield has the pace of a 1 legged tortoise.
  • Options
    I think Green is a player who is best coming on from the bench. He can provide the spark for you, but will often go missing. Having said that, with Harriot out of form, he is probably our best option. We need a couple of players in desperately.
  • Options
    There is the slim chance somebody was signed but they thought the media team deserved a rest. I thoroughly doubt this but thought I would mention it.
  • Options
    After the Hamer 'last supper' comment I was surprised that none of them left. Guess they're waiting for loan window.
  • Options
    Also a certain poster on another forum that many on here seem to believe, is like a celebrity clairvoyant. When they post their gems they are always vague and if something happens that slightly resembles their prediction they are fêted by one and all. The only times they have given specifics they have been totally wrong.

People shouldn't be so quick to trust as it always leads to pain and disappointment.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Also a certain poster on another forum that many on here seem to believe, is like a celebrity clairvoyant. When they post their gems they are always vague and if something happens that slightly resembles their prediction they are fêted by one and all. The only times they have given specifics they have been totally wrong.

People shouldn't be so quick to trust as it always leads to pain and disappointment.

Nostradamus
  • Options

cfgs said:

Nostradamus
    Exactly vague predictions can be made to look true by anyone.
  • Options
    Yep, I always thought that the famous Nostradamus quote 'Charlton will mess up big time in the 2014 transfer window' could of really of been predicted by anyone.