Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell Out

Comments

• Options
    Everyone keeps saying Powell is doing he's best with the squad we've got....... But there's not much different from the squad we had last year to this year ?
    However I think the contract situation is getting completely out of hand.
  • Options
    Vincent said:

Huskaris said:

I hate his tactics too. Why wasn't he playing Rooney and messi up front with the resources at his disposal. Ridiculously poor management.

Probably for the same reason Doncaster did not start with Ronaldo and Bale
    No but they were able to start with Billy Sharp. Eh?

• Options
    cafc4life said:

Sorry @wss just this annoys me, this @cafc4life only comes on here for a row and I can't comment on things without people thinking I'm the same idiot who's a WUM sometimes . Apologies

...it's like the portrait of Dorian Gray!
  • Options

Is this a plot to entice all the anti Powell posters onto the one thread and then shoot it into space?

Thats powells football tactics right?? Long ball into space....
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

0 shots in 90 mins of a game we had to win,,,,team selection and tactics wrong again,,,,no more excuses no one can defend him anymore it's time to go Powell while your still a hero to many at CAFC.

Well look who crawled out of the gutter.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Sorry @wss just this annoys me, this @cafc4life only comes on here for a row and I can't comment on things without people thinking I'm the same idiot who's a WUM sometimes . Apologies

Its a fair point mate. Hadn't realised it was a different one. We'll get the name changed in the next couple of days once things have died down
  • Options

Just Simply Had Enough Of His Stupid Tactics And The Was He Lines Up The Players And The Players He Picks!

Then go to that other forum. They get a hard on for threads like this.
  • Options
    Time and time again Jackson has come up with a goal when it is needed most. Look at Ipswich. As has been mentioned here tonight, Jackson is often the only one with that knack of getting in goalscoring positions.

Yet Stephens/Cousins has been one of the biggest positives of our season so far.

So what does he do in an important away game? What's the best thing to do? Leave out our leader and main midfield threat (particularly as there's little from out wide)? Or look strong but fairly sterile in midfield?

Maybe play 5 in midfield to fit them all in? But we've already seen one up front doesn't work too well and can leave the one up front isolated.

Somewhere something had to give and what he went for didn't work. If Jackson had scored the winner in a 1-0 victory then we'd all be discussing things in a different way.

But he didn't. Instead we went 1-0 down and then went down to ten men and 2-0 down. These are the fine lines in football and in football management.

Whoever is in charge (I still support Powell) we're going to have to hope that these margins go more in our favour from now until the end of the season, because at the moment out squad hasn't got the quality for the margins to be irrelevant.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

colin1961 said:

0 shots in 90 mins of a game we had to win,,,,team selection and tactics wrong again,,,,no more excuses no one can defend him anymore it's time to go Powell while your still a hero to many at CAFC.

Remember the Curbs Out crew? They did us proud, didn't they?

I support CP now, as ever. You don't know what you had 'til it's gone.
    Curbs wanted to go regardless imo, and I wanted him to stay
  • Options
    Well, I like cafc4life and I like cafc4life...............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Even as a Powell supporter, one shot in 2 games is bullshit - and this is fact
  • Options
    tricky said:

Time and time again Jackson has come up with a goal when it is needed most. Look at Ipswich. As has been mentioned here tonight, Jackson is often the only one with that knack of getting in goalscoring positions.

Yet Stephens/Cousins has been one of the biggest positives of our season so far.

So what does he do in an important away game? What's the best thing to do? Leave out our leader and main midfield threat (particularly as there's little from out wide)? Or look strong but fairly sterile in midfield?

Maybe play 5 in midfield to fit them all in? But we've already seen one up front doesn't work too well and can leave the one up front isolated.

Somewhere something had to give and what he went for didn't work. If Jackson had scored the winner in a 1-0 victory then we'd all be discussing things in a different way.

But he didn't. Instead we went 1-0 down and then went down to ten men and 2-0 down. These are the fine lines in football and in football management.

Whoever is in charge (I still support Powell) we're going to have to hope that these margins go more in our favour from now until the end of the season, because at the moment out squad hasn't got the quality for the margins to be irrelevant.

jackson scored off the bench though, i think thats what his role should be
  • Options

Everyone keeps saying Powell is doing he's best with the squad we've got....... But there's not much different from the squad we had last year to this year ?

Fuller. Haynes. Solly and Wiggins every match near as dammit. I'd have an orgasm if we could have three of them fit and up for it.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    BIG_ROB said:

colin1961 said:

Remember the Curbs Out crew? They did us proud, didn't they?

I support CP now, as ever. You don't know what you had 'til it's gone.
    Curbs wanted to go regardless imo

that. and he left a team of dross.

and we took an age to hire a new manager.

and we hired a complete goon.
  • Options
    Great 3-0 away win at Donnie tonight.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Even as a Powell supporter, one shot in 2 games is bullshit - and this is fact

Agree this is spot on. Not a Powell hater or whatever but he seems to be losing it/running out of ideas.

• Options
    PopIcon said:

No, we lost.
  • Options
    Sacking Powell now would be pointless with only 3 days of the transfer window left plus he clearly hasn't lost the dressing room. We need to add to the squad and I'm hoping Peacock (with all his experience) will be a key voice in his ear...

...however, I'm not I'm the Powell 100% camp, he is making to many selection errors and the style of football over the whole season just hasn't been good enough. It's 70% from me...
  • Options
    Won't be long before this thread gets closed like all the other Powell out threads
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why is it when people have an opinion on this site it is either shot down, or some stupid image appears. No wonder the numbers on this site are dropping and is no longer seen as football fans forum. Powell should go. Make no bones about it he had a touch against Oxford at home and his team selection and tactics at times this season has been some what baffling.
    Like all management roles someone can take something to a certain level then they hit ceiling. This doesn't make them a bad manager it is just there level in management.
    We now need a manager who has had experiences at these testing and trying times, someone who can motivate the team, bring in fresh ideas and tactics. This in turn will give the crowd and club a lift to gain some sort of momentum before it is to late.
    Smith shouldn't have been sold and should have been given a 10 game run, he wouldn't have done any worse to what the current strike force is doing.

Any suggestions?

• Options

Not much difference from the squad we had last year apart from losing Fuller, Haynes and BWP and replacing them with lesser players in Church and particularly Sordell.
  • Options
    All I've learnt is that Chris Powell was doomed to fail under previous management and that goes double now Roland the rat is in charge.
  • Options
    Beckboy said:

Won't be long before this thread gets closed like all the other Powell out threads

It already was closed once
  • Options

Why is it when people have an opinion on this site it is either shot down, or some stupid image appears. No wonder the numbers on this site are dropping and is no longer seen as football fans forum. Powell should go. Make no bones about it he had a touch against Oxford at home and his team selection and tactics at times this season has been some what baffling.
    Like all management roles someone can take something to a certain level then they hit ceiling. This doesn't make them a bad manager it is just there level in management.
    We now need a manager who has had experiences at these testing and trying times, someone who can motivate the team, bring in fresh ideas and tactics. This in turn will give the crowd and club a lift to gain some sort of momentum before it is to late.
    Smith shouldn't have been sold and should have been given a 10 game run, he wouldn't have done any worse to what the current strike force is doing.

Great post
  • Options

PopIcon said:

No, we lost.
    On my way home from match. I'm actually slightly lost for words.
  • Options

Fuller. Haynes. Solly and Wiggins every match near as dammit. I'd have an orgasm if we could have three of them fit and up for it.
    Exactly, and Fuller and Haynes replaced by inferior players; Cort missing too.

You deplete a squad, you lose more games. Just as, if you allow good people to leave a business and replace them with inferior people, your business goes into decline. I'm interested to learn why Mr Duchatelet (a Businessman, as the Belgians tell us in an awed tone) thinks football would be any different.