Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell Out

Comments

• Options
    PopIcon said:

PopIcon said:

Great 3-0 away win at Donnie tonight.

No, we lost.
    On my way home from match. I'm actually slightly lost for words.
    Feel for you. Safe journey.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Why is it when people have an opinion on this site it is either shot down, or some stupid image appears. No wonder the numbers on this site are dropping and is no longer seen as football fans forum. Powell should go. Make no bones about it he had a touch against Oxford at home and his team selection and tactics at times this season has been some what baffling.
    Like all management roles someone can take something to a certain level then they hit ceiling. This doesn't make them a bad manager it is just there level in management.
    We now need a manager who has had experiences at these testing and trying times, someone who can motivate the team, bring in fresh ideas and tactics. This in turn will give the crowd and club a lift to gain some sort of momentum before it is to late.
    Smith shouldn't have been sold and should have been given a 10 game run, he wouldn't have done any worse to what the current strike force is doing.

I agree entirely with this comment regarding the hitting the ceiling. When all financial backing is taken from beneath you, you hit a ceiling. Good diagnosis pal.

As for your point about your fresh ideas and tactics. We tried that three years ago and look where that got us... Promotion *sighs* and then what could we moan about!
  • Options

Everyone keeps saying Powell is doing he's best with the squad we've got....... But there's not much different from the squad we had last year to this year ?
    However I think the contract situation is getting completely out of hand.

Fuller. Haynes. Solly and Wiggins every match near as dammit. I'd have an orgasm if we could have three of them fit and up for it.
    Exactly, and Fuller and Haynes replaced by inferior players; Cort missing too.

You deplete a squad, you lose more games. Just as, if you allow good people to leave a business and replace them with inferior people, your business goes into decline. I'm interested to learn why Mr Duchatelet (a Businessman, as the Belgians tell us in an awed tone) thinks football would be any different.

How many goals/games did Fuller and Haynes play last season and would you drop Kermo to fit them in
  • Options
    Some people need to get out of CP's arse ffs, but sacking him would be unjust and bizarre quite frankly. When i saw the team tonight i was worried and it sounds like a total shambles, not for the first time this season. However he has no money, how can you improve a team will fuck all to spend with? And can we stop signing these second rate Leige players and ones who know how to STAY UP in this league.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Why is it when people have an opinion on this site it is either shot down, or some stupid image appears. No wonder the numbers on this site are dropping and is no longer seen as football fans forum. Powell should go. Make no bones about it he had a touch against Oxford at home and his team selection and tactics at times this season has been some what baffling.
    Like all management roles someone can take something to a certain level then they hit ceiling. This doesn't make them a bad manager it is just there level in management.
    We now need a manager who has had experiences at these testing and trying times, someone who can motivate the team, bring in fresh ideas and tactics. This in turn will give the crowd and club a lift to gain some sort of momentum before it is to late.
    Smith shouldn't have been sold and should have been given a 10 game run, he wouldn't have done any worse to what the current strike force is doing.

OK you've voiced your opinion. You've also read the posts after pointing out how the squad, far from being developed, has been run down. Why would you expect any manager to get results in that situation?

You really think it's all down to Michael Smith???

• Options

Where do you think this squad should be in the table then? Our best players are currently attracting interest from mid-table Championship sides, there's no Premier League clubs sniffing around, it's Bournemouth and Brighton, why do you think that is?

• Options
    whatever anyone says 1 shot on target in two matches is appalling good squad or not, conference sides would muster up better than that
  • Options
    Tonight was a poor result and the line up was very strange. However how can we sack him now, there's a few days left of the transfer window. Why on earth would a player sign for us when they don't even now who the manger will be? I don't see that RD has a choice tbh he HAS to back him
  • Options

Some people need to get out of CP's arse ffs, but sacking him would be unjust and bizarre quite frankly. When i saw the team tonight i was worried and it sounds like a total shambles, not for the first time this season. However he has no money, how can you improve a team will fuck all to spend with? And can we stop signing these second rate Leige players and ones who know how to STAY UP in this league.

Powell needs to be backed or sacked. But if he is sacked the new manager needs to be backed which will probably cost more. I think backing Powell to get us out of this is the best way, but I fear the owner doesn't get it!
  • Options
    Everyone pritty much agrees Kermo is our best player and his main strength is heading so why do you set a side up with no pace and no wingers to cross the ball into him?? I do not get it. Further, we have no goals corners in midfield Cousins will not score, Stephens very occasionally, Evina no, Wilson no apart from 2 vs Brighton and even JJ has lost it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You do it because your options are too limited.
  • Options
    bringing in a new manager 3 days before the end of the window would be ridiculous

best to give CP backing and support.
  • Options
    we are in a trouble now.
  • Options
    Vincent said:

Everyone keeps saying Powell is doing he's best with the squad we've got....... But there's not much different from the squad we had last year to this year ?

Fuller. Haynes. Solly and Wiggins every match near as dammit. I'd have an orgasm if we could have three of them fit and up for it.

You deplete a squad, you lose more games. Just as, if you allow good people to leave a business and replace them with inferior people, your business goes into decline. I'm interested to learn why Mr Duchatelet (a Businessman, as the Belgians tell us in an awed tone) thinks football would be any different.

How many goals/games did Fuller and Haynes play last season and would you drop Kermo to fit them in
    The clubs that are successful have strong squads. Kermorgant gets injured. What have we got when that happens? Absolutely sweet FA. You need someone on the bench who can come on and do something unexpected, like Haynes did. And at this level you need a player who can turn a game with a moment of magic as Fuller did several times, for others to score. Like Watford away, to give an example I actually saw.

I'm kind of surprised I even have to make this point.

• Options

Why is it when people have an opinion on this site it is either shot down, or some stupid image appears. No wonder the numbers on this site are dropping and is no longer seen as football fans forum.

What? Just because you write it, doesn't make it true.
  • Options

Vincent said:

The clubs that are successful have strong squads. Kermorgant gets injured. What have we got when that happens? Absolutely sweet FA. You need someone on the bench who can come on and do something unexpected, like Haynes did. And at this level you need a player who can turn a game with a moment of magic as Fuller did several times, for others to score. Like Watford away, to give an example I actually saw.

I'm kind of surprised I even have to make this point.

I asked you a question based on fact not opinion and neither would be a better player this season than last.
    With such a small squad why sell Smith without having a replacement.
  • Options

People get annoyed by threads like this not because they are saying Powell out , It's because the same old people ( and suspiciously new usernames ) only turn up when we lose a game. Any other time they are nowhere to be seen. They have nothing contribute other than unconstructive negativity.

What about my "Whose Rack" series of threads, now done by Stan? ; )
  • Options
    edited January 2014

bringing in a new manager 3 days before the end of the window would be ridiculous best to give CP backing and support.

Not a big fan, but agree with this. He needs to be supported and I don't really understand what RD is doing. If CP were to be going then RD should have done what TJ & MS did to Parkie and got rid at the begining of the window. But with all these rumours of Yann and Stephens and the lack of contracts, players coming in from europe - the club seems to be in turmoil and CP has a thankless task.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't want him to go, but the dismissive way that the alternate view is treated with on here shows more ignorance than insight.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Don't want him to go, but the dismissive way that the alternate view is treated with on here shows more ignorance than insight.

So sacking of the manager of a shit team 3 days before the window closes is worth discussing is it?
  • Options
    look folks

you can not defend chrissy powell with results and stats like tonight

however you can allow people to raise their opinion and to have a go at him when this happens

the same way I will defend him when we win and praise him for such,

its not time for him to go its time for him to use the next 72 hrs to get in who he needs and start them, drop the players who need dropping and get the next 20 games out the way winning more than he loses,

t fire a mgr 3 days before the window closes is more suicidal than having no strikers and the same team that got us out of the 3rd division

he deserves flack tonight and rightly so , but he will deserve praise sooner as he will turn it around
  • Options
    People are saying we can't sack CP 3 days before the window closes, but the same people are moaning that he is not allowed to buy who he wants.

So what does it matter who is in charge for these 3 days as RD will continue to bring in his own men.
  • Options
    I have never ever said he cant buy who he wants
  • Options

People are saying we can't sack CP 3 days before the window closes, but the same people are moaning that he is not allowed to buy who he wants.

So what does it matter who is in charge for these 3 days as RD will continue to bring in his own men.

Fine. Please suggest your shortlist for this highly desirable job.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Why? its not my job and you'll only rubbish anybody that is mentioned.
  • Options

Uboat said:

Why? its not my job and you'll only rubbish anybody that is mentioned.
    Try me. Who is there?
  • Options
    Neil Warnock is free