Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann's Departure (Confirmed p14)

edited January 2014 in General Charlton
Two strands to this:

The obvious loss of our best striker for a derisory £400k thanks to the previous regime's contract stance.

The less obvious effect on the morale of the squad and Powell.

League 1 here we come (again).

Comments

• Options
    new thread city on here today
  • Options
    I don't usually get too pissed off when players leave. It's football and it happens. This somehow seems very different. I'm really really gutted. I don't care who comes in. Yann would have complemented them whoever they are. 400k in the bank and we are royally screwed.
  • Options
    The 'previous regime' didn't accept a stupid bid from a fellow bottom half Championship club.

This is RD's doing. He has previous for selling top players, and this was always coming. He takes the blame for this, nobody else.
  • Options
    Has he definitely gone?
  • Options

Has he definitely gone?

Who?
  • Options

Has he definitely gone?

Who?
    Lord Lucan.
  • Options
    it was a good business idea some said letting these contracts roll down,

However I know WIWLB would have very good sources, I am told that the offer was a good offer and was more than competitive for a player of Yann's age in the championship, and it seems it was not enough,

it will be the same if SCP goes we are Cafc fans not Yann and Powell fans,

I trust that there are players coming in and refuse to be too distraught by any sales
  • Options
    I feel sick
  • Options
    dizzee said:

I feel sick

Make sure you chunder into the bin next to your desk, in that case

• Options
    At least with Reid and Parker they were going to teams above us so was difficult to deny the players the opportunity.

This is selling one of our star players to a league rival. Sickening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

it was a good business idea some said letting these contracts roll down,

However I know WIWLB would have very good sources, I am told that the offer was a good offer and was more than competitive for a player of Yann's age in the championship, and it seems it was not enough,

it will be the same if SCP goes we are Cafc fans not Yann and Powell fans,

I trust that there are players coming in and refuse to be too distraught by any sales

This they must have replacements lined up

• Options
    Lined up ready to be shot.................I guess I am the only one who thinks this is not such a bad thing, I cannot believe that SC doesnt have a replacement ready. I think SC has had the best from Yann as bigger player that he was for CAFC. Yann probably knows a little more regarding the bigger picture at the Club and knows why he was only offered what ever that was. Bournemouth will get some use from yip yap Yann but nothing like what CAFC has got from him. I wish him luck and thank him.........
  • Options
    If Powell's contract had been sorted then this would of never of happened. Yann has always thanked Powell for helping him ressurect his career but he could be left in the wilderness if he doesnt go to Bournemouth as in the summer he could left with the hassle of finding a new club.
  • Options
    This is now a joke
    We might accept relegation now
  • Options
    I will have to change my picture.
  • Options
    Hope your right
  • Options
    who are we selling him to
  • Options
    How much of a legend would Yann become if he turned them down?

Major straw clutching here but jeebus, please!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    doronron said:

Bournemouth
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

doronron said:

Bournemouth
    The mighty Bournemouth Len surely.

• Options
    doronron said:

Palace
  • Options
    Its a complete joke, Kermorgant to Bournemouth and Stephens to Brighton. Who do bring in? a goalkeeper we don't need, a sub par midfielder who looks as though hes going to be used to warm the bench and a right winger who will spend most of his time with the U21s (if he turns out to be any good he will either be sold or will go back to Liege)

At the moment its safe to say we have given up on trying to survive in the Championship. Its about time Charlton fans found out exactly what is going on and where all the money is going.

Its strange when you think we had the money from the sale of Darren Bent, the sale of Scott Parker, the Parachute payment and the sale of Carl Jenkinson and yet we can't even afford to repair the drainage system at the Valley.
  • Options

Its a complete joke, Kermorgant to Bournemouth and Stephens to Brighton. Who do bring in? a goalkeeper we don't need, a sub par midfielder who looks as though hes going to be used to warm the bench and a right winger who will spend most of his time with the U21s (if he turns out to be any good he will either be sold or will go back to Liege)

At the moment its safe to say we have given up on trying to survive in the Championship. Its about time Charlton fans found out exactly what is going on and where all the money is going.

Its strange when you think we had the money from the sale of Darren Bent, the sale of Scott Parker, the Parachute payment and the sale of Carl Jenkinson and yet we can't even afford to repair the drainage system at the Valley.

And Murrey is still in charge!

• Options
    doronron said:

Welling Utd
  • Options
    400k and definite relegation.

Or no 400k, a new striker to play with Yann and a fighting chance.

No brainer surely.
  • Options
    Why to a relegation rival that we still have to play though?