Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann's Departure (Confirmed p14)

Comments

• Options

If Kermorgant goes it must be with a view to signing at least 1 quality championship striker and possibly 2. No way can Bournemouth pay more wages than us. If he goes it'll be to make way for others. Otherwise we would just keep him and let him go for nothing in the summer. Selling him and signing nobody and going down with 400k in Roland's pocket won't be part of his plan.

I'm afraid they very much can mate.
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

Apparently Yann clapped our supporters at the end of the Doncaster game,did he know something was about to happen?

He waved...although he has waved at the fans before.
  • Options
    of course Bournemouth can pay more money than us its why Yan may go there---he aint going because he likes the fecking pier there.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Or 3) not be allowed to join the other club til his contract is up
  • Options
    For a poxy £400k we should have a whip round. For no other reason other than is he a battler and a game changer
  • Options

As usual lots of people talking in a totally ill-informed manner.

Yann has OBVIOUSLY been offered a contract from CAFC. It is up to HIM whether to accept that contract. We can't expect the club to just match whatever money someone else offers him - that is not the way our club works. When have we ever done that?

Fans need to look at this from Yann's point of view instead of laying into the club. Yann has two options:

1.) Sign a new contract with his current club (who may get relegated!) on similar terms to his current contract

2.) Sign for a new club, who are NOT getting relegated, and who are able to pay him more money

Is that such a hard decision??
    Good luck Yann, you have been a hero, thank you for all of your hard work and passion.

Why Obviously?
  • Options

Yann has OBVIOUSLY been offered a contract from CAFC. It is up to HIM whether to accept that contract. We can't expect the club to just match whatever money someone else offers him - that is not the way our club works. When have we ever done that?

Fans need to look at this from Yann's point of view instead of laying into the club. Yann has two options:

1.) Sign a new contract with his current club (who may get relegated!) on similar terms to his current contract

2.) Sign for a new club, who are NOT getting relegated, and who are able to pay him more money

Good luck Yann, you have been a hero, thank you for all of your hard work and passion.

Your argument holds up until the part about being offered a contract with Charlton on similar terms to what he is on now. Truth is, he was offered reduced wages.

If we actually had offered similar terms then likelihood is he would have signed it.

We took the piss out of a player who has given us everything, and deserved much more respect from the current owner.
  • Options
    so many different things being said , all you can do is trust what your told, and wait and see
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

If Kermorgant goes it must be with a view to signing at least 1 quality championship striker and possibly 2. No way can Bournemouth pay more wages than us. If he goes it'll be to make way for others. Otherwise we would just keep him and let him go for nothing in the summer. Selling him and signing nobody and going down with 400k in Roland's pocket won't be part of his plan.

I'm afraid they very much can mate.
    Maybe so with there Russian owner but our new owner has just spent his money to buy us and the reported 400k for kermorgant isn't going to be worth him taking and then going down. Unless they want to let him go to make way for someone else he would just keep him and let him walk in the summer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yann has told a friend of mine he hasn't been offered a new contract and the club has told him we want to sell him. He said he would prefer to stay but if the club want to sell him he will go.
  • Options

But the club also has the option of refusing to sell. I think for most of us it isn't just about him going. It's about whether we get a decent replacement. If we don't and we're relegated then it's cost the club a lot more than the apparent £400k.
    Of course there's the chance of being relegated even with him, but I think our chances of survival, at this time, are better with him than without.

• Options
    cafctom said:

Your argument holds up until the part about being offered a contract with Charlton on similar terms to what he is on now. Truth is, he was offered reduced wages.

If we actually had offered similar terms then likelihood is he would have signed it.

We took the piss out of a player who has given us everything, and deserved much more respect from the current owner.
    Apparently was told he had to buy his own pen to sign the contract with too.
  • Options
    'I suppose as a footy fan you take the rough with the smooth but I can't remember being so upset as tonight' that's a quote from my diary from ten years ago as Scott Parker joined Chelsea. Unlike Scott don't blame Yann at all but what the hells going on.
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

Apparently Yann clapped our supporters at the end of the Doncaster game,did he know something was about to happen?

Strange coment,thought he did that after every game

• Options

Of course they can, they have a rich Russian owner. They paid over 2m for a striker in the summer, not to mention paying Real Madrid over a million just to turn up for a friendly
  • Options
    He has recently bought a house in Greenwich and from what I heard spent a fair amount on it which suggests intent to stay in SE London. That being the case he surely would have stayed if we had offered him similar terms and agree it looks like we offered less which as has been said, is derisory given his impact. I dont blame him for wanting him to leave.

How excited is everyone by Tranmere away on a Tuesday night with a team full of Liege reserves?

• Options
    Who are we going to hoof the ball to now?
  • Options
    Too many things stated as fact, which are not actually true. This thread is just misinforming people.

If Yann decides he wants to move for a better contract, then he has to be sold, as at the end of the season he will be worth £0. It is his decision, not the owners.
  • Options

Who are we going to hoof the ball to now?

Church. That should work.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He has recently bought a house in Greenwich and from what I heard spent a fair amount on it which suggests intent to stay in SE London. That being the case he surely would have stayed if we had offered him similar terms and agree it looks like we offered less which as has been said, is derisory given his impact. I dont blame him for wanting him to leave.

How excited is everyone by Tranmere away on a Tuesday night with a team full of Liege reserves?

He is gutted to move but Dorian has made him a decent offer for it so that side is sorted to.
  • Options
    Yann - 32 years old, probably only got another 4 years left in him.
    Wiggins - Terrible hair style.
    Stephens - Nearly as ugly as Gerrard.

Just trying to find the positives in them leaving.
  • Options
    doronron said:

Derek1952 said:

Strange coment,thought he did that after every game

It wasn't just a clap, it was a wave :-(
  • Options

I am amazed, in fact absolutely gobsmacked, that one single Charlton supporter could see anything positive in the departure of Yann.
    To us fans he is a cult hero.
    When his teammates glance around the dressing room before a game, I should imagine they would draw strength from his presence. He is a talismanic figure.
    OK, he is no youngster, but this is not the time to be moving him on. There is unfinished business.
    If this goes through, it would be amongst the most dispiriting transfers of recent times and would put the new board seriously at odds with fans.
    Please do not try to put a positive spin on this sorry episode. It just won't wash.

Well put.
  • Options
    My thoughts exactly. ^^^^^

There are no positives in yann moving. There will be a huge whole when i go back to the valley that can't be filled no matter how many Standard liege reserves you throw in it.
  • Options
    400 k for a 32 year old with 6 months on his contract sounds good to me. Thanks yann for a couple of good free kicks and 1 million flick ons which never went anywhere. Wish you all the best.
  • Options
    This squad is weaker than the one that won L1. So that nakes next seasons L1 promotion push very very difficult.
  • Options
    I just cannot believe the number of people on here who are so understanding of Charlton accepting an offer for Yann.

If he goes, it will be a complete and utter disaster. He is one of our best players, one with real heart and passion, our only regular scoring striker - we need him for Christ's sake! Even if we have a couple of very good replacements lined up, which I very much doubt, Yann would still be the man to displace, and a great option from the bench. He is our talisman. No way, no bloody way, should we be selling him. Let him keep us up, and then walk for free in the summer if that's what he wants.

If we sell our best players now, and end up going down, there will be absolute fckin ructions.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Has it been reported that we offered Yann reduced terms?