Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann's Departure (Confirmed p14)

Comments

• Options

If that 's the real Steve Dixon then this is the end of the road for Powell I'm afraid, no way will he stick around after being treated like this - and I don't think any of us can blame him.

Doesn't matter if we sign Ronaldo and Messi now, you don't treat the manager like that. What a dark, dire day in the recent history of our club.

At least we now know Roland's exit strategy - out the West Stand car park with his head on a stick.

This brings some of our quotes or threads about powell out or his team selections and tactics into perspective!! This is not on i would go if i was chris!
  • Options
    Can anyone sit at Bournemouth station and beg him to come back? Do us all a favour!
  • Options
    waldo said:

Davo55 said:

If Yann is being sold without CPs knowledge or support, then CP should walk now, with his dignity intact.

But this thread started at 1500hrs today so how is it a lot of posters knew and Chris Powell didn't?
    Dunno mate. Let's see what happens.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

waldo said:

Davo55 said:

If Yann is being sold without CPs knowledge or support, then CP should walk now, with his dignity intact.

But this thread started at 1500hrs today so how is it a lot of posters knew and Chris Powell didn't?
    Powell was allegedly told around 3pm or a little earlier just before the news broke.
  • Options

Gumbo said:

So he's getting the train down!!! Why wouldn't he be driven or drive, and Yann waved goodbye to the fans last night yet Powell didn't know he was leaving!!!

Hopefully he is on south eastern, he will never get there that way!
    That sums up what I really love about Charlton Life. The one-liners that make me laugh out loud even when i am totally pi**ed off.

And if that Steve Dixon tweet is true then I am Pi**ssed Off with a capital P and O.
  • Options
    feeling real low tbh, this news and then finding a job i'd be perfect for, wrote out my covering letter, spent ages trying to sell myself and then realised the deadline was last week. Gutted.
  • Options
    Cheer up we must be due to sign another goalkeeper....
  • Options
    Id.like to add a third strand.

this sale will single handedly cause a great deal of skepticism about the takeover. Yann is a great player yes...but im more talking about the effect on morale. I guess RD thinks.no player is bigger than.the.club. what he might not.have realised is that the the gallant Breton symbolises everything that we have come to see in the post summer 2011 side.

we love a fighter here. Yann was that.

i dont think he is irreplacable.on the.pitch but he is a leader of men. He has galvanised the club.

if he goes and it against SCP's wishes then i.am left to conclude RD is happy to see.us go down.

equally.if he is.replaced and we actually gain.a footballing benefit IMMEDIATELY then i will just think RD has the biggest balls since NLA.

no one ia bigger than the club but yann is a.symbol of how we used to be in the curb days. Plays above himself.

Yann baby.
    .please dont go. Ull end up fighting pittman and hating sweet boy eddie howe ;)
  • Options

feeling real low tbh, this news and then finding a job i'd be perfect for, wrote out my covering letter, spent ages trying to sell myself and then realised the deadline was last week. Gutted.

Send it anyway.
  • Options
    He's probably weighing up his options.

There's a new deal waiting for him at The Valley should he chose to sign it - he/his agent have been negotiating the figures for the past couple of weeks with Prothero.

If he can't accept what we can afford then selling him on is a good bit of business with such a short time left on his existing contract.

The Club can't force the player to sign and the fee will give us options elsewhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I haven't felt this gutted and sick over a player 'potentially' leaving since...? My heart goes out to Powell and what a shoddy way to treat a decent, decent man and club legend. I really hope Yann tells them where to go.
    Bournemouthaddick, get down there and do something!!!
  • Options
    If he wasn't going, he'd have just sent his agent to talk terms. The fact he went himself too is telling.
  • Options
    If powelly has spoken to dixon and said he didn't know then my hopes of RD not being an idiot and fudging things up big style then I would wonder if dixon has put it out as powelly is walking

Or is powelly fuming something he said has gone public

Or has it not come from powell and its a well intended case of misunderstanding what happened in the context of yanns discussions

We must sit tight and wait and see I can not accept anyone selling all our players and not getting better in is in RD plans
  • Options
    Unless we are going to change the way we play, Yann will be much tougher to replace than is being made out by some. We haven't had a player as good as him in the air since Shaun Bartlett and Yann is arguably better than him. He one of the most creative forwards we have had in my time watching the team too. He could score more perhaps, but he pulls his weight in that department too and would score more if we had decent wingers.

I don't see many players that would be available to us, particularly in January, who can do what Yann does as well as Yann does it.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

There's a new deal waiting for him at The Valley should he chose to sign it - he/his agent have been negotiating the figures for the past couple of weeks with Prothero.

If he can't accept what we can afford then selling him on is a good bit of business with such a short time left on his existing contract.

The Club can't force the player to sign and the fee will give us options elsewhere.

But £400k will mean bugger all if we go down, and who could we buy for that amount that will make a difference to our season?
  • Options
    And for what its worth I think addickted is bang on with the summary
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Thank u...we should all know that. If we habe offered him a decent deal then all what i said goes.out the window.

i think scp would happily take a decent striker over a new deal for himself. Any fella that wont sign a deal because SCP hasnt goes.down in my estimation. Yann has been here long enough to know where the real problems lie.

if YK has been offered any increase on his deal and rejects it...well its thanks and fook u very much IMO
  • Options
    This is the lowest point in a bitterly desperate season.

The one thing Inhave clung on to has been the spirit of the squad and their team ethic. The fact that they have placed trust and loyalty in the manager to repay the same values he displayed to them. That there is a togetherness despite the collective quality of the squad being relatively low. That last season it took us to ninth and may be enough to stave off relegation this time around.

If this deal goes through and if the manner of how it has been conducted at our end is as has been reported then I am genuinely gutted.

Yann is not the best player we have had. He is a decent footballer and has demonstrated this in a number of occasions.

However, it is not about what he is worth financially, it is about how valuable he is to our club and the team. At this moment and in light of our position and the twenty games we have left this season then I believe he is currently priceless. The offer we have on the table buys his footballing ability. However, we also lose his reputation, his commitment, his leadership. I could go on.

RD will run the club his way. None of us really have an insight into what he is doing and why...or the impact of it short, medium and long term.

But it seems very messy, foolhardy and shortsighted.

If Yann goes then I wish him all the best. He has been arguably our most important player in the last two years. But it will leave me bemused to say the least.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

That sounds about right. I think Yann, Dale & Rhoys have all been offered new deals and haven't as yet signed them. Agents are looking to see what else is out there for them. RD will cash in if they don't sign.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cant quite understand this when you are fighting a relagation battle you need players like Yann.All we really need is a natural goalscorer up top with Yann and we will pull away from trouble simple.Sell yann and we are left with Church and Sordell.
  • Options

Sir John

Bemused well done mate for the most politest word on here about what is happening at the moment--BEMUSED.

Im far more on the f__kin stunningly pissed off section , but as AFKA tells us kids use this forum as well so---i will try to be more bemused .

Believe me I wanted to use something much stronger. Just couldn't find the right one. For some reason I came up with bemused...
  • Options
    Its a total shit strategy ---------even if all now sign on with us it leaves us tolate to STRENGTHEN the squad. We now have to wait until (or if) these three sign. If they dont and go then we use our peanuts of a budget to replace them.
    What happens if all 3 go at the 11th hour of the transfer dealine ? 3 more NoOnes from the San Marino league ?
    The contracts should have been given to the players agents with a DEADLINE either they sign by that date or they dont.

Take Wiggins,Stevens,Yan,Wilson,Solly out of the squad and the game at Wigan looks like a mountain.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Davo55 said:

waldo said:

Davo55 said:

Powell was allegedly told around 3pm or a little earlier just before the news broke.
    If true then Mr Murray is doing a better communicating job than ever!

• Options
    What's the odds on Powell next manager to leave his job? We might as well earn some money out of all this.

Maybe if we win enough we can buy out RD.
  • Options

If powelly has spoken to dixon and said he didn't know then my hopes of RD not being an idiot and fudging things up big style then I would wonder if dixon has put it out as powelly is walking

Or is powelly fuming something he said has gone public

Or has it not come from powell and its a well intended case of misunderstanding what happened in the context of yanns discussions

We must sit tight and wait and see I can not accept anyone selling all our players and not getting better in is in RD plans

As always mate..a voice of reason.

i was livid but if there is a decent deal on the table

doesnt that change everything? Whats to tell SCP in that situation?

addickted thanks so much for posting that. Complete nile ranger the game changer.IMO.

To quote a mockney....400k is still 400k...especially if its yann's decision.

One big thing we seem to have.missed. interest.is.from south coast bournemouth not scottish celtic. It.might.be yanns.decision.on a lifestyle basis. Then he can fook himself in terms of.club legend.IMO although.as a human being, i understand the choice
  • Options
    Sadly we're vulnerable, to quote Chris Powell, because our wonderful board allowed the players' contracts to reach this stage.

If as others have said Yann was offered a new contract then Steve Dixon is wrong that the club didn't give him a choice, but the reality is that Wiggins, Morrison and Stephens are also in the same situation and can make themselves open to offers.

If Prothero is playing hardball in negotiations, then the very least that can be said about that is that the club aren't allowing themselves to be held to ransom by the players.

The worry is that Powell doesn't appear to have been party to the decision, which to be generous might be a misunderstanding of the manager's role in England - but at worse is a complete and utter undermining of the man. If the latter, I can't see even Powell sticking it out.
  • Options
    Its not looking good for a fourth straight win against Leicester, is it?