Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann's Departure (Confirmed p14)

Comments

• Options
    We desperately need a striker....so we sell 2 of em. (Smith)

Charlton....ya smart asses
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

We desperately need a striker....so we sell 2 of em. (Smith)

Charlton....ya smart asses

Planning on playing the Spanish way so we don't need strikers...

Could do with signing a few players who can pass the ball though ...
  • Options

Could do with signing a few players who can pass the ball though ...

And a pitch good enough to pass on.
  • Options
    Yann Kermorgant's contract expires this summer. It has an extension clause triggered automatically if he plays x games for CAFC this season. Source YK @ Eltham Addicks 2013 (Sept/Oct?) No idea how many games he has to play and whether he has to sign it on his side.
    As NLA states let us stick to the facts and ignore the spin - stories leaked about who knew what and when and numbers paid / offered are done for a reason so let us not be played.
    There are several different stories flying around on this thread and it likely that, as with Scott Parker, it will take time to get all angles.
    Relegation today is avoidable and the window is open so let us just wait and see what the squad looks like on 1st Feb - players in and out.
    All the new owner can do is ensure we are playing Championship football next season. I sincerely doubt whether he is deliberately ignoring or misunderstanding the impact of a third relegation in seven years but I might well be wrong.
    I share the concerns voiced on here but we can just wait a couple of days to see what the squad looks like.
    I rate Kermorgant as one of the few over 24 year old players to start for us next August and he certainly looks key to bagging 3 points sooner or later. But the thing is I support a club not a player and will be behind the lads vs Birmingham - by then we might have some clarity. Then again it might be more of the same and we are in the world which Calydon Rd describes of poor messages and confusion.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Powell knew about yanns decison to turn down the offer he also knew that the club at that point would accept the bid

now do not try to make out that the ex pfa chairman didn't think that once the offer from yann was refused by yann that the next thing wouldn't be that yann would talk to bournemouth

Come on folks let's not be niave and start to bullshit each other

Like I said maybe SD got something that had been mixed up by the time he got it

If you are suggesting powelly said it to him then powelly has either a been let down royally by him for his post

Or powell is trying to orchastrate a move away himself and that is not his style of medium to do so

So if it is not dark forces from SD or CP then its incorrect info posted as fact which has caused fan outrage at a time it was at its rawest

And should be ammended

I would like to think its misinformation posted from the heart with good intentions but wrongly stated

Then you also have crawley posting his jim white impression about rohys another player it was widely reported as a target for bournemouth on here before this whole sorry reaction to yanns unfortunate but almost certain departure

I am not trying to create a theory or throw mud I am just curious

It wouldn't be the first time that soon after bad news that someone who we all know of their true cafc credentials posts something that doesn't sit to right to some with its message

That is all it throws an interesting slant on things a different angle that's all I am suggesting and would like to understand why something incorrect would be posted like that
  • Options
    he aint been offered double though its a nice amount more but it is nowhere near double
  • Options
    Yeah, and we ain't getting 500K! Nice try though.
  • Options

Imagine the following quite likely scenario...

YK is 32 and out of contract so Charlton offer him a perfectly reasonable 2-year extension on the same wages.

Bournemouth (or another club) offer him twice his current wages for a 3-year deal and are prepared to pay £500k as a transfer fee.

YK quite rightly recognises that this is the last contract he will get so wants to maximise his income, and thus asks Charlton to match it. RD quite rightly recognises that this is a ludicrous deal for a 32 year old and moreover there's £500k on the table too.

It is a shame it's happening two days before the window closes but I honestly don't think he has much choice - Jimenez would have been forced to do the same.

Perfectly plausible, and if it's gone down like that you can't really blame either side for their decision. BUT, if RD is going to take that stance, he absolutely must back it up with 2 good quality forwards coming in (2 because we needed one to play with Yann anyway). Not to mention the midfield creativity we desperatly need. There is no way Church, Sordell and Piggott will keep us up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    piggy will be loaned out very soon then this gaff will truly implode
  • Options
    Can't believe what's happening. This team will no longer be the same if the main players of the group leave.

Just as I thought we had our charlton back. Really sad times ahead for us unless we pull off the signing of ronaldo
  • Options
    If Yann stays then he would be great as captain next year since JJ doesn't seem to be first team starter.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Is also wager, whatever Bournemouth are paying us for him, it'll cost more to get a player as good as Yann in - that alone is justification for upping his wages as it'll cost the club whichever way it goes:

1. We have to pay a fee for his replacement

Or

2. We give him a bumper pay rise.

Or

3. We do nowt and our revenues drop upon relegation.

Personally I'd take option 2 as much as a statement of intent as anything. That way signing Gucci would probably be enough to placate us. If Yann goes there'll be a whole lot of teeth gnashing going on even if we sign Gucci.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

There used to be a saying

'make sure YOUR players legs go

on another managers pitch.'

This wouldn't be Chris Powell's attitude, but it may be RD's.

So, we will be saying goodbye to Jackson soon.

As for the twit about Powell, not knowing. Perhaps he knew about the offer and it being accepted, however he didn't know about Yann and his agent on the train.
  • Options
    Thing is, we don't HAVE to give Yann a new contract at all. And we don't HAVE to take an offer.

We COULD just keep him til the end of the season.

Ok, then he goes for free but £400k max is not important relative to the need to stay up this season. Unless we bring in 2 strikers who can add threat and sharpness up front I think we are odds on to go down to L1. That puts the whole new era into reverse and must be a complete disaster for RD.

Stay up this season and then rebuild the team however he wants, and Yann leaves a cult hero.
  • Options
    Half a million for a 32 year old player whose contract is running down, take it all day long, great player, hardly prolific, will lose pace, and will become more injury prone. Nobody has died, chill out, thanks Yann and good luck if you go.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Half a million for a 32 year old player whose contract is running down, take it all day long, great player, hardly prolific, will lose pace, and will become more injury prone. Nobody has died, chill out, thanks Yann and good luck if you go.

That is a reasonable opinion. Unfortunately you've based it on the assumption that newyorkaddick is correct to come out with the 500k figure.The information I have is that it's not even 400k. I haven't seen the paperwork, so I could be wrong. But I'm going to respectfully challenge NYA to demonstrate that he has better info.

And even if he is right, the question remains, who will be brought in to replace him?. In the next 36 hours.....
  • Options
    I'd say wearing/ losing out on the 400k or whatever it is would be a gamble and no guarantee we would still stay up but Yann would give us a 20% better chance of staying up and therefore I think the gamble of letting him go is wrong
    And didn't he turn down more money at Celtic a year or so back ......so he can be persuaded
    Can players sign a pre contract for next season and see out their current one

Anyway without Yann
    20% Championship football next year .......80% Oh League One again great
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I can not believe people are saying 'we are selling a 32 year old, big deal'.

I can only think that these people must only go now and then.

Granted he isn't fantastic every game but without him we are dead certs to go down. Church will get two more league goals if we are lucky.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'd say wearing/ losing out on the 400k or whatever it is would be a gamble and no guarantee we would still stay up but Yann would give us a 20% better chance of staying up and therefore I think the gamble of letting him go is wrong
    And didn't he turn down more money at Celtic a year or so back ......so he can be persuaded
    Can players sign a pre contract for next season and see out their current one

Anyway without Yann
    20% Championship football next year .......80% Oh League One again great

I think 20% is generous without him. Without a worthy replacement i think this team will be Cut adrift by mid march. He gives us so much more than goals, people won't realise until its too late.

I am praying that there is a bigger picture.
  • Options
    I'm basing it on a few more goalkeepers coming in on loan !
  • Options
    In my opinion we got to wait and see what happens, what if we bring in players better than yann?
  • Options

In my opinion we got to wait and see what happens, what if we bring in players better than yann?

That's a big if at the moment, we've waited all month for some signings and yet we've let Stewart go back and now Yann. Our best two attacking player's gone and no replacements for them. Madness.

• Options
    Why are people talking about a fee of 500k? It's not going to be anywhere near that.
  • Options
    More like 50k and add ons ie if he plays for france 50 times and goes to the world cup .
  • Options
    I think Yann will reject Bournemouth and opt to see out his contract with us in the hope of an improved offer. If that doesn't happen then he will return to Brittany and play there or retire.

Ok, that is not what I believe but I am fecked off with being negative.
  • Options

NLA.....a couple of days ago you thought all would be well and many on here were quietly reassured! Do we assume that things are not now panning out quite the way you believed? Hope wife is continuing to do well.
  • Options

Why are people talking about a fee of 500k? It's not going to be anywhere near that.

It's just one person, and I'm looking forward to some hint from him as to why we could believe his assertion, which he has presented as a fact