Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann's Departure (Confirmed p14)

Comments

• Options

Dave2l said:

We desperately need a striker....so we sell 2 of em. (Smith)

Charlton....ya smart asses

Planning on playing the Spanish way so we don't need strikers...

Could do with signing a few players who can pass the ball though ...
    That's not a nice thought on my way into work. 4-6-0 with a midfield 6 of Pritchard, Hughes, AA, Jackson, Cousins and say Gower...

Jackson the wannabe Kevin Nolan of the bunch being furthest forward because he used to contribute goals. The only good thing about that is Church not getting a game a'la Maiga

All central midfielders as well of course
  • Options

I could be proven wrong, but I don't think pot-stirring is Steve Dixon's style. What agenda does he have? Looks to me like he's just gobsmacked.

Prague, I don't think it's quite the full story either. If it's true Yann's been offered a contract then the suggestion he's been given no choice but to leave the club is at best subjective. Steve might not have an agenda, but his source(s) might do.
  • Options

Why are people talking about a fee of 500k? It's not going to be anywhere near that.

It's just one person, and I'm looking forward to some hint from him as to why we could believe his assertion, which he has presented as a fact

I can tell you now without fear of contradiction exactly what the fee will be. Undisclosed.
  • Options
    Is SD still connected to CAFC in anyway..?? The last time I spoke to him was a few years ago when he was working for a sport shop n the west end of London.
  • Options
    If it's £250k then what a great bit of business by Bournemouth.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Powell knew about yanns decison to turn down the offer he also knew that the club at that point would accept the bid

now do not try to make out that the ex pfa chairman didn't think that once the offer from yann was refused by yann that the next thing wouldn't be that yann would talk to bournemouth

Come on folks let's not be niave and start to bullshit each other

Like I said maybe SD got something that had been mixed up by the time he got it

If you are suggesting powelly said it to him then powelly has either a been let down royally by him for his post

Or powell is trying to orchastrate a move away himself and that is not his style of medium to do so

So if it is not dark forces from SD or CP then its incorrect info posted as fact which has caused fan outrage at a time it was at its rawest

And should be ammended

I would like to think its misinformation posted from the heart with good intentions but wrongly stated

Then you also have crawley posting his jim white impression about rohys another player it was widely reported as a target for bournemouth on here before this whole sorry reaction to yanns unfortunate but almost certain departure

I am not trying to create a theory or throw mud I am just curious

It wouldn't be the first time that soon after bad news that someone who we all know of their true cafc credentials posts something that doesn't sit to right to some with its message

That is all it throws an interesting slant on things a different angle that's all I am suggesting and would like to understand why something incorrect would be posted like that

From what I can see Steve Dixon posted something on Facebook, which was reproduced on here and subsequently on Twitter. He won't have done that without believing it to be true because he has no conceivable reason to do so.

It's highly unlikely that Steve has spoken to Chris Powell, but probable his information has come from within the club. I don't know what his source is, but all this stuff about dark forces is paranoid twaddle.

I can't see why any Charlton supporter would have an agenda against Roland Duchatalet, but understandably people are going to be very anxious about the idea of selling our most important player in the current situation.

In addition, my understanding from multiple sources is that Duchatalet has paid £12m for the club with an additional £4m (some sources say £3m) if we stay up and £2m if we reach the Premier League within five years.

It will cost much more than £4m if we go down, but to an extent RD may feel that he has protected himself from the financial impact and that could be a factor in his behaviour, which is not the same as saying he wants the club to be relegated.

What I'm hearing is that Stephens is likely to go too, but Wiggins is not a done deal and may not progress.
  • Options
    For me it's not so much what we got for him frankly I don't believe it's anything like £500K but what we lose is our talisman on the pitch. If this is happening then it's a disaster and unless we sign a replacement who's name some of us recognise then it's League 1 again and this time I see a good few years wallowing around there because I have no faith that this new owner has any intention of putting proper money into the club. This for me is for more depressing than when we dropped down last time.
  • Options
    Complete and utter bollocks for about 728 reasons.

All the weighing up 'business decisions', its like an episode of The Apprentice.

Gutted
  • Options
    Not para AB far from it curious and interested and not guliable enough to not ask the question why

I won't put my head in the sand on either side of the fence

My views are my own and I firmly believe we will be fine

Your right dale will go that's been known since november just we may now be surprised where and Rhoys I am told won't go where the current offer is from

But they are saying all players are always in this window
  • Options
    Well, I'm now looking forward to to NewYorkAddick informing us about the fee for Dale Stephens and why that too is a great piece of business.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2014

Fine. We understand that. What we don't understand is why we are SELLING them, but not BUYING them.

• Options
    Pa I can't pm for some reason

Dale was always leaving from the day powell announced it in november this is no surprise
  • Options

Not para AB far from it curious and interested and not guliable enough to not ask the question why

I won't put my head in the sand on either side of the fence

My views are my own and I firmly believe we will be fine

Your right dale will go that's been known since november just we may now be surprised where and Rhoys I am told won't go where the current offer is from

I think it's a bit early to say we will be fine, in all honesty no one can be confident that playing mix and match will work at this stage of the season. But we'll see.

Wiggins to Reading seems to be a possibility.
  • Options
    One thing that does worry me is the inherent conflict of interest that AB has just outlined there

an additional 4M if we stay up

thats no way to structure a deal. Huge morale hazard and completely unethical. How can that get past league rules?. 4M is a significant amount, much more than a de minimis figure in thenoverall takeover
  • Options

One thing that does worry me is the inherent conflict of interest that AB has just outlined there

thats no way to structure a deal. Huge morale hazard and completely unethical. How can that get past league rules?. 4M is a significant amount, much more than a de minimis figure in thenoverall takeover

Actually I think it's common sense from Duchatalet and I don't see anything wrong with it. We'll lose more than that in TV and gate revenue, even allowing for reduced costs, so it's still not to his advantage for us to be relegated. It's an insurance policy.
  • Options

Can players sign a pre contract for next season and see out their current one

I believe they can only sign a pre-contract with a club from another country, they have to wait til the summer to sign up with another English. Presume it's due to conflict of interests - not an issue if he signed for Celtic, but, to use an extreme example, if he signed for Bournemouth he could theoretically be in a position on the last day of the season where he's taking a penalty that could keep us up and send them down if he scores and vice versa if he misses.
  • Options
    Sure and you can get real insurance policies for such an event

I just think it relies on the honesty of the individual not to abuse such a conflict, which there undeniably is. You are right, 4M isnt enough to make it the profitable move. But 8M would be

my point is that regulations in alll walks of life are made to stop morale hazards becoming an issue. The structure stinks IMO..
    even though I hope it doesnt come to bear in this instance. But if such deals are allowed...some other club will suffer eventually
  • Options
    We seem to be up sh*t creek and are now throwing the paddle out of the canoe.
  • Options
    Reported that Wiggins has been offered a four and a half year contract by Charlton.
  • Options

Actually I think it's common sense from Duchatalet and I don't see anything wrong with it. We'll lose more than that in TV and gate revenue, even allowing for reduced costs, so it's still not to his advantage for us to be relegated. It's an insurance policy.
    So effectively it's a £16m deal but you can have £4m back if our actions have led to relegation.

I'm hearing more encouraging news re Yann and Wiggins from elsewhere, Stephens is already gone which is perhaps why Astrid came in. A day is a long time in football, particularly in January.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I am pleased with this information as it shows that RD is a shrewd businessman who knows his football, unlike our alleged previous benefactor who cut off the Cash
  • Options
    rikofold said:

So effectively it's a £16m deal but you can have £4m back if our actions have led to relegation.

I'm hearing more encouraging news re Yann and Wiggins from elsewhere, Stephens is already gone which is perhaps why Astrid came in. A day is a long time in football, particularly in January.
    I don't think you'd hand over the £4m in the meantime, somehow ....
  • Options
    wiggins signed a new 4 and half year new deal!!!
  • Options
    if he does indeed leave for Bournemouth, doesnt it look like the "cult-hero" abandoned the Club in the hour of need? this soldarity to SCP seems a bit of horsesheet having just signed our most valuable asset for FOUR AND A HALF YEARS. i doubt SCP is devestated at the impact RD has had so far. could be wrong but it seems like RD is trying to give SCP exactly what he needs to compete and for us to survive.

the move would suit his personal circumstance very nicely indeed.

get back on the train Yann, you got a decent strike partner now and you two could absolutely rip the division a new one.
  • Options

get back on the train Yann, you got a decent strike partner now and you two could absolutely rip the division a new one.

He was training at Sparrows Lane this morning.
  • Options
    And it.just gets better
  • Options
    Yann if Rhoys is staying now you know you don't wanna move down to the retirement community in Dorset, je t'enpris reste ici a Londres, tu n'a que acheté ta maison a Greenwich et on t'aime ici a Charlton aussi ce type la Eddie Howe il est un bouffon et il pue du chou pourri et vraiment il déteste les français
  • Options

if he does indeed leave for Bournemouth, doesnt it look like the "cult-hero" abandoned the Club in the hour of need? this soldarity to SCP seems a bit of horsesheet having just signed our most valuable asset for FOUR AND A HALF YEARS. i doubt SCP is devestated at the impact RD has had so far. could be wrong but it seems like RD is trying to give SCP exactly what he needs to compete and for us to survive.

the move would suit his personal circumstance very nicely indeed.

What his house in Greenwich you mean ?