Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Yann's Departure (Confirmed p14)

Comments

• I hope you're right Stonemouse, trouble is in this atmosphere BS thrives and we have nothing else until something actually happens.
  • Love Yann to stay, these new guys are totally unproven at this level.

Remember FFP is starting to come into effect, wages will begin to drop. Yann doesn't owe us anything, so if he goes I wish him all the best.
  • Don't know how much more I can take. Hold onto your hats lads, and don't expect to get any work done tomorrow!
  • Tomorrow will be boring no doubt. This is Charlton.
  • Tomorrow will be better than today
  • Phone charger will be coming into work with me tomorrow. Can't have a repeat of today.
  • I've got a funny feeling Yann might stay!! Please be true
  • If you haven't already, then take a look at Twitter.

Then try telling me Kermorgant is not a legend among a very large cross section of Charlton fans. In terms of popularity, he really is up there.

#DontSellYannKermorgant
  • Tomorrow will be better than today

More new signings, or new contracts (CP, Yann and Morro) or both?
  • Sponsored links:

• Drunk too much red wine and dreaming of YK, RG and PP plundering goals all over the country firing us to safety...and the FA Cup.
  • I reckon we will get the new faces we really need

The polish lad and the fella from nantes would be enough but I hope for a midfielder as well and then the confirmation of contracts for powelly and morrow would be the icing on the cake
  • MrLargo said:

Does anyone know if Yann's got a bird? Reason I ask is because I read that Sevilla supporters have twice launched campaigns to find a local lass to match up with their star players so that they fall in love and don't want to leave Sevilla.

I know it's a bit late in the day, but I thought we might be able to persuade one of the barmaids from the Bugle Horn to seduce him. Just a thought.

Yann's married and they have a young child.
  • Two strikers (1 if Yann stays) a CM, winger and maybe cover at CB and I will be VERY happy. Assuming they're of a good standard of course.
  • MrLargo said:

Does anyone know if Yann's got a bird? Reason I ask is because I read that Sevilla supporters have twice launched campaigns to find a local lass to match up with their star players so that they fall in love and don't want to leave Sevilla.

I know it's a bit late in the day, but I thought we might be able to persuade one of the barmaids from the Bugle Horn to seduce him. Just a thought.

He's a married man (not that counts for much with Les Frenchies ;)) but it's not bad for a plan B...
  • Someone on the Bournemouth forum saying it's done.
  • what happened to us getting Simeon Jackson?
  • doronron said:

what happened to us getting Simeon Jackson?

Rumour that in talks with the spanners.

• MrLargo said:

Yann's married and they have a young child.
    It's morally dubious, but I'd be willing to consider breaking up a happy family if it got him to stay. The kid would get over it.

• Sponsored links:

• Whoever hid Solly in your cupboard on August 31st, please tell me you can store Yann in there for 24 hours
  • The nightmare at Leicester must surely still linger in Yann's mind. At Charlton he knows he is a legend who is loved by the fans. A couple of dodgy performances at Bournmouth could turn his world upside down. Unless there was a huge increase in salary, if I were him, I'd stay where I'm happy. But the future of CP must be a big factor in his decision.
  • Don't sell Yann,
    Yann kermorgant, I just don't think you understand
    cos if you sell yann,
    Yann kermorgant, You're gonna have a riot on your hands.
  • doronron said:

what happened to us getting Simeon Jackson?

Rumour that in talks with the spanners.

He must be nuts!
  • Love Yann to stay, these new guys are totally unproven at this level.

Remember FFP is starting to come into effect, wages will begin to drop. Yann doesn't owe us anything, so if he goes I wish him all the best.

We're well within the boundaries of our FFP allowed losses (provided RD is covering the debt)
  • cafctom said:

If you haven't already, then take a look at Twitter.

Then try telling me Kermorgant is not a legend among a very large cross section of Charlton fans. In terms of popularity, he really is up there.

#DontSellYannKermorgant

That hastag looks like its actually taking off !
  • edited January 2014

if he does indeed leave for Bournemouth, doesnt it look like the "cult-hero" abandoned the Club in the hour of need? this soldarity to SCP seems a bit of horsesheet having just signed our most valuable asset for FOUR AND A HALF YEARS. i doubt SCP is devestated at the impact RD has had so far. could be wrong but it seems like RD is trying to give SCP exactly what he needs to compete and for us to survive.

the move would suit his personal circumstance very nicely indeed.

get back on the train Yann, you got a decent strike partner now and you two could absolutely rip the division a new one.

What his house in Greenwich you mean ?
    Clearly not what i meant, no. Just saying the move will probably appear more attractive than Celtic so thats not for footballing reasons.

i want yann to stay. But if he does go, then i wont hold him in any way the same esteem. We have offered him a deal and if he goes then its because he preferred the "personal circumstances" at the Cherries. Biggest factor being cash obviously.

no particular beef with him but equally will be disappointed at the timing, we are going to be contenders next year but need to stay in the division. Also its better to blend the new strikers in at our own pace but we cant if the CF has buggered off to the South Coast
  • if he does indeed leave for Bournemouth, doesnt it look like the "cult-hero" abandoned the Club in the hour of need? this soldarity to SCP seems a bit of horsesheet having just signed our most valuable asset for FOUR AND A HALF YEARS. i doubt SCP is devestated at the impact RD has had so far. could be wrong but it seems like RD is trying to give SCP exactly what he needs to compete and for us to survive.

get back on the train Yann, you got a decent strike partner now and you two could absolutely rip the division a new one.

Clearly not what i meant, no. Just saying the move will probably appear more attractive than Celtic so thats not for footballing reasons.

i want yann to stay. But if he does go, then i wont hold him in any way the same esteem. We have offered him a deal and if he goes then its because he preferred then"personal circumstances" at the Cherries. Biggest factor being cash obviously.

no particular beef with him but equally will be disappointed at the timing, we are going to be contenders next year.
    But he clearly feels like he won't be in our plans for "next year".

Wouldn't change my opinion too much of him if he left. The guy has a family to think of and this is probably his last big contract. If you look at his career and the clubs he's played for, he's probably not earned half as much as most of the guys in this league.

His stalling over the move may well be to try and eek out another offer from the club, but I don't believe he'd bother with that if he didn't truly want to stay. Most players would be long gone by now.
  • if he does indeed leave for Bournemouth, doesnt it look like the "cult-hero" abandoned the Club in the hour of need? this soldarity to SCP seems a bit of horsesheet having just signed our most valuable asset for FOUR AND A HALF YEARS. i doubt SCP is devestated at the impact RD has had so far. could be wrong but it seems like RD is trying to give SCP exactly what he needs to compete and for us to survive.

i want yann to stay. But if he does go, then i wont hold him in any way the same esteem. We have offered him a deal and if he goes then its because he preferred then"personal circumstances" at the Cherries. Biggest factor being cash obviously.

no particular beef with him but equally will be disappointed at the timing, we are going to be contenders next year.
    But he clearly feels like he won't be in our plans for "next year".

Wouldn't change my opinion too much of him if he left. The guy has a family to think of and this is probably his last big contract. If you look at his career and the clubs he's played for, he's probably not earned half as much as most of the guys in this league.

His stalling over the move may well be to try and eek out another offer from the club, but I don't believe he'd bother with that if he didn't truly want to stay. Most players would be long gone by now.
    Yes those are good points. It sees a shame because i think he has 2 good seasons left and i think he would continue to be a key player in a top six side as well.

I do think the fact that we rescued him from the footballing scrapheap shouldnt be overlooked. Loyalty works both ways.

anyway...he is going to stay isnt he? ;)
  • Kermy if you've got to go from here
    I don't think I can take the pain
    Won't you stay another year
    Oh don't leave us alone like this
    Sordell's shite, Church can only miss
    Won't you stay another year..?