Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann's Departure (Confirmed p14)

Comments

• Options

we offered him a new deal to stay here till 2016 and he said no so f**k him

Source?

The club, in the statement on the OS
  • Options

Source?

Talks with Kermorgant’s representatives took place over recent weeks and the 32-year-old was offered a new two-year extension which would have kept him at The Valley until 2016.

After the offer was not accepted

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140131-yann-kermorgant-signs-for-bournemouth-1330648.aspx#fZQQh8Ig1YVmUdbz.99
  • Options
  • Options
    Season over. So so unnecessary
  • Options

this, if it's true ;-)

• Options
    Gutted
  • Options
    Please stop posting these pictures, I can't stand to look at them!
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I think you are wrong.
  • Options

Oh dear. League One here we come. What an unnecessary relegation. Penny pinching at it's worst. Powell to follow?

Are you serious, we were in the bottom 3 anyway! with Yann in the team - get real.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How much though. It's not always just about the length!
  • Options

I think you wrong.
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140131-yann-kermorgant-signs-for-bournemouth-1330648.aspx#fZQQh8Ig1YVmUdbz.99
  • Options
    So long, Yann. Thanks for the memories. We now move forward....
  • Options
    Feel slightly sick looking at those photos. So, so wrong.
  • Options
    His contract was due to expire at the end of the 2013/14 season and, following the takeover of Charlton by Roland Duchâtelet in early January, the board made securing him on a longer-term deal an immediate priority.
  • Options
    Right yes very unnesc he had 2 games to go until and extension was triggered was unhappy with offer and refused to play as he was " injured" on sat but played tues

#Legend

Very good player for us I loved him too but don't blame this all on cafc

No one is bigger than the clu
  • Options

I think you are wrong.
    not according to the OS. New deal offered to 2016.

• Options
    I don't make yann going right but let's be upbeat. 2new strikers and crap like evina and Stephens are going! May be a change we need
  • Options

I think you wrong.
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140131-yann-kermorgant-signs-for-bournemouth-1330648.aspx#fZQQh8Ig1YVmUdbz.99
    I apologise. He couldn't have wanted to stay that much then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would we have offered a 2-year deal ourselves and not either a 1.5 or 2.5 deal

(Reason I ask is a two year deal would mean it would end January 2016 rather than July 2016 (like with Bournemouth) which is strange in Footballing Contract lengths)

Either way disappointed with him if he has turned us down for a whole 6-months
  • Options
    So Bournemouth can offer better terms than us???
  • Options

but if his salary was less than he is on now as has been reported what do you expect him to do ?

• Options

Have you taken a second to think why he said no?
  • Options

Right yes very unnesc he had 2 games to go until and extension was triggered was unhappy with offer and refused to play as he was " injured" on sat but played tues

#Legend

Very good player for us I loved him too but don't blame this all on cafc

No one is bigger than the clu

This - just finding all this way way over the top - did we just sell fecking messi
  • Options
    So sad, Yann seems totally underwhealmed by the move. Sure he wanted to stay. Lets see what happens. Just hope we still have SCP next week.
  • Options
    'His contract was due to expire at the end of the 2013/14 season and, following the takeover of Charlton by Roland Duchâtelet in early January, the board made securing him on a longer-term deal an immediate priority.

Talks with Kermorgant’s representatives took place over recent weeks and the 32-year-old was offered a new two-year extension which would have kept him at The Valley until 2016.'
  • Options
    Kermogant has a penned a two-and-a-half year deal to complete a move from Charlton Athletic for an undisclosed fee.

“This is quite a small club, but it is growing and I wanted to be part of the project,” he told afcb.co.uk.

“It was a very difficult decision for me and my family because we were settled in London, but these things happen in football and sometimes you have to move on. I’m looking forward to my new challenge here now.

“I like the way the manager plays on the floor, the passing play is very good, the club has a young manager who has done well – it is a good project.

“I will have to speak with the manager about how he wants to use me, but first I will have to work hard to get my place in the team.

“I know he likes my aerial ability and the team puts in a lot of crosses, maybe they need someone to make the headers.

“Bournemouth is my new club and I will do all I can to achieve the best I can.”

Kermorgant scored on his two previous appearances at the Goldsands Stadium and is hoping to make a successful start to his Cherries career when his former club Leicester City visit the south coast, subject to Football League approval.

“I remember scoring here in the last minute when both clubs were in League One and the one this season,” he said.

“I hope to keep going and to score goals, but it’s more about the team and the club.

“We could have been playing any club tomorrow, but it’s my old club. It’s strange.

“Everyone knows my story at Leicester, but it will be the manager’s decision (whether I play).

“I have had a couple of difficult days in terms of preparation, but I will do what I have to do.”

• Options
    if he did refuse to play then im glad he f****d off, onwards and upwards to piotr now
  • Options

So Bournemouth can offer better terms than us???

That's what it looks like. It wasn't that long ago we were nicking players from Bournemouth.