Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann's Departure (Confirmed p14)

Comments

• Options
    That's a real shame. Gutted.
  • Options
    At this level I'm prepared for player departures. Not even close to how I felt when Scott Parker left. Granted I was about 13 then but it's still a dull ache now. Hopefully we'll actually sign this Peter Parsley and we'll move on
  • Options
    One positive for me (and I know it's little consolation) is that he will be remembered as he is today.

We have had a few players that have stayed past their best and I think that can diminish, slightly, the memories of them at their peak!
  • Options
    In fact, Scott Parker's defection was ten years ago yesterday. Puts things in perspective. Or makes everything sadder. I don't know, whichever, I'm tired.
  • Options
    When any of our quality players have left in the past - Mike Bailey, Billy Bonds, Derek Hales, Robert Lee, Scott Parker - there was always the consolation that they were moving to a bigger club to better themselves and also were kind of forced out to help the club's finances. There is no crumb of comfort in Yann's departure for Bournemouth - just a hope that he is making way for someone better.
  • Options
    quality player we would have done well to keep but at the end of the day we've sold an ageing striker with dodgy ankles and 6 months left on his contract for half a million which the club has specifically said will be reinvested (dont think ive ever seen that before). Both him and stephens were offered deals and if kermo loved the club so much he would have signed a new deal like wiggins (who had interest from bigger clubs in reading and leeds)

Are we weaker without him - yes

Is his sale completely justifyable from RD's perspective - yes

Lieges fans protested and now they are top of the league. lets get behind the club and the new owner and see how the season pans out. I will be the first to slate him if/when we go down but until them im going to support my club which means supporting the owner and his decisions as well as screaming on the terraces like a bloody madman
  • Options
    It's a shame and I'll miss him but some people need to get a bit of pespective.
  • Options
    We will probably have a foreign manager in for the new season. Powell is being forced out it's just unfair. We shall see anyway. Goodbye Yann, f**king loved you.
  • Options

does anyone really believe if Charlton had a similar offer on the table as Bournemouth (ffffs we are such a mingey pissy little club) that Yann would have chosen them , no way

anyway thanks for doing the impossible for us

the miraculous goal against Hartlepool when we were celebrating getting out of somewhere we may get to taste again soon
    that strike at Bolton this season (my eldest sons first proper northern away trip)
    that free kick against Brighton

there are many more but i mention those above because i shared them with my first born and he loved Yann as much as me .... gutted a proper player not like the limited ability we have left

anyway lets hope Goochi gets his dancing/scoring shoes on tomorrow and a new hero may be born

actually i do. i really do. put a few things together and it is clear he has been agitating for a move for a long time now.

how do u explain mystery disappearance v Huddersfield? he never participated in this round of contract discussion.

we obviously didnt offer him less than the old deal because he was guaranteed 12 months more at same terms under the extension.

im just trying to offer a different viewpoint so please no vitrol directed at me. i understand he was, until a rather sour departure, a cult hero. its a hard thing to take when they just up and leave.

i dont particularly blame YK for the move and can understand his reasons but i wont swallow the "he loves the club its all RD`s fault" line at the same time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we will miss Yann but wish him well.
  • Options

Lieges fans protested and now they are top of the league.

That's been in the back of my mind over the last few days. If there are no big signings today though, it will be difficult to understand the strategy behind asset stripping a club already in the myre just a month after you've bought it.

• Options
    We needed a big shake up Yann or no Yann
    Move on
    We haven't lost messi
    Remember we are where we are for reason with yann
  • Options

we've sold an ageing striker with dodgy ankles and 6 months left on his contract for half a million

really that much ???

• Options
    so calydon you believe there were similar offers and he chose Bournemouth over us ??

• Options
    Good Luck Yann. Will miss seeing him at The Valley.

Hard decisions have to be made in football on both sides, he clearly didn't want to leave but he has to look after himself and his family - that's above any allegiance he may have for us.

I wish him all the best and I look forward to giving him a great reception when he returns with Bournemouth. All the "f**k him" comments are just moronic.

I just hope that our new players show half of the passion and commitment as Yann did, not to mention the talent.
  • Options
    Bye Yann and good luck. Of course this is a big blow but I don't honestly think he has been great this season. I also think that, more than being a Powell tactic, the long balls to Yann were an easy option used by our less able players when the team wasn't playing well. Our good run at the end of last season had very little long balls in it. Hopefully this will encourage more passing to feet..we'll see shortly!
  • Options
    We have Bournemouth at home soon where I can imagine him to get people off their seats for an applause good reception. Soon as the whistle blows it's all about us and the 3 points.

Will hit hard if he scores a deciding goal.
  • Options
    i feel a little sick that hes left.I know its only football but im honestly gutted.will be even more fuming if we dont get anyone else in today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The more I sit and think the more I think this isn't a bad thing! Kerms a good talisman but we need more. Creativity in midfield and two pacy hungry strikers.
  • Options

Lieges fans protested and now they are top of the league.

That's been in the back of my mind over the last few days. If there are no big signings today though, it will be difficult to understand the strategy behind asset stripping a club already in the myre just a month after you've bought it.

To save £4 million on relegation? If I read it right from another thread.

• Options
    Timing is crap. I'm not in the legend camp but then I haven't been able to get excited about anyone who has played for us for the past 5 years. However, in the land of the blind the one eyed man is King. IF we go down this will probably be the reason why.
  • Options

so calydon you believe there were similar offers and he chose Bournemouth over us ??

i dont know mate. i just think they were probably closer than we think and that maybe money wasnt the only thing. i just think the way this transfer has gone, he certainly wasnt looking to hear our absolute max offer, powelly said he didnt come back to hear it. fair enough, 11th hour too late and all that. but what i wont believe is any "i love charlton wanted to stay but the new owner wouldnt make it happen or i couldnt see my poor ol mate powelly suffer"

its simples. he dont like belgians ;)

• Options
    Jim Davidson was begging him not to go whilst sat on the This Morning sofa FFS! How can anyone say this is justifiable!!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Sounds like Yann Got brain washed into a move down there. I saw there website about Howe wanting him to be part of a project lol never heard such rubbish Bournemouth could still go down. It's a long season. Yann part of a project? His 32 one bad injury and that could be the end of him anyway. What happened to Mendonca when he got an injury at his age? Exactly. We are a much bigger club than Bournemouth. IMO Yann has stuck two fingers up to us. He is only where he is Because WE put him there.

Old anyway. Glad we cashed in.
  • Options
    Sad to see him go but if he doesn't want to accept the new contract then so be it. There have been legends(as some of you have said) before and there will be legends after him. We move on and try to get our season back on track with quite a few new players in the team. None of use really know what Gucci and Peter Parsley are really like but hopefully they will turn out good for us in the long term. I have been watching Charlton too long to get so emotional about a player leaving. Onwards and upward, COYA!!
  • Options
    The comment he made about not being expected to move in this window lead me to believe that perhaps he would have at least been happy to have stayed until the summer but the club chose to cash in and he had little say in the matter. I also think the tone of the interview implied he didnt want to leave us generally.

When we are losing 1-0 at home to Rochdale next season on a cold Tuesday night we arent going to have someone stood over a free kick who will save us.
  • Options
    His 1yr extension was on the sme terms

He didn't even want to do that
  • Options
    Thanks for the great contribution Yann. I understand we have just bought two promising strikers so whats all this about needing someone to replace him?