Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann's Departure (Confirmed p14)

Comments

• Options

His 1yr extension was on the sme terms

He didn't even want to do that

Emotion is getting the better of people at the mo.

In a few days people will have a look at this and I think a few opinions might shift
  • Options
    Loved the man, cheers Yann.
  • Options

why would he, if there was a longer contact with more dough on offer at Bournemouth

• Options
    Let's hope he don't get a free kick against us
  • Options

so calydon you believe there were similar offers and he chose Bournemouth over us ??

i dont know mate. i just think they were probably closer than we think and that maybe money wasnt the only thing. i just think the way this transfer has gone, he certainly wasnt looking to hear our absolute max offer, powelly said he didnt come back to hear it. fair enough, 11th hour too late and all that. but what i wont believe is any "i love charlton wanted to stay but the new owner wouldnt make it happen or i couldnt see my poor ol mate powelly suffer"

its simples. he dont like belgians ;)

There is a school of thought that there should be no nonsense like absolute maximum offers.

A good employee who has performed should receive just reward without the employer messing about seeing what he can get away with.

I can envisage that Yann may have felt that he wasn't valued and in addition he may, rightly or wrongly, have thought Chris Powell party to that which could be, in his eyes, an added disappointment / betrayal given their previous association.

Rather like my point on the Alnwick thread how much (if any) input has Powell had / been allowed to have?
  • Options
    If Powell had a new 2 year deal, I think this would of turned out differently. (IMO)
  • Options
    When Parzyszek smashes one in tomorrow to win the game, this will all be forgotten
  • Options

Those that met him, and I was lucky enough to do so at Eltham Addicks, will remember an intelligent, thoughtful guy who loved being at Charlton.

I was lucky enough to meet him. You are right, he loved it at Charlton and it can only mean the offer wasnt right for him.

He was, he is and will be a legend to me forever. But we move on.. COYR and good luck Yann
  • Options
    Because he loved us didn't he

He signed a contract that included an auto extension on the same money

Yet when that was about to trigger he said he was injured good job the pitch is fkd he wouldve been missing since xnmas
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:

When Parzyszek smashes one in tomorrow to win the game, this will all be forgotten

If he plays (he hasn't even signed yet) and if he scores Yann still won't be at the club.

• Options
    Previous regime to take the blame for this. Sad moment seeing him go...
  • Options

And according to AB the best paid player at the club
  • Options

Yet when that was about to trigger he said he was injured good job the pitch is fkd he wouldve been missing since xnmas

If this is true then I understand why we accepted Bournemouth's offer - no player is bigger than the club

• Options
    that bloody pitch coming back to haunt us AGAIN
  • Options
    'Disco Stu: Honestly Charlton Athletic. Who sells their best player in January when in the relegation spots? Sad is an understatement.
    I presume the player that the much-loved Simpsons bit-part character is referring to is Yann Kermorgant, who left the Championship strugglers to join Bournemouth earlier today.'

I presume the player that the much-loved Simpsons bit-part character is referring to is Yann Kermorgant, who left the Championship strugglers to join Bournemouth earlier today.'

From some randomer on the beeb.
  • Options
    If what nla says is true then f*ck him. We move on.

We're in the bottom 3 with him in the side so all this chat about 'if we go down it's because we sold Yann' is rubbish.
  • Options

if thats true then he can do one
  • Options
    when is the bournemouth fixture?
  • Options
    If you had to keep one of these 3 who would it be?

A) Yann

B) Wiggins

C) Stephens
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A) Yann

B) Wiggins

C) Stephens

Bingo

• Options
    Addick90 said:

when is the bournemouth fixture?

Was supposed to be last Saturday. Still to be rearranged.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

We will probably have a foreign manager in for the new season. Powell is being forced out it's just unfair. We shall see anyway. Goodbye Yann, f**king loved you.

Are there many foreign managers that have experiance of league one ?
  • Options
    On monday it was posted that Q and I said wiggins not hindsight just my opinion
  • Options

A) Yann

B) Wiggins

C) Stephens

It's a good question, arguable a left back 'wont win you the league', but in my opinion (certainly when it comes to having the ball at your feet) Wiggins is our best player.
  • Options
    Consider a fit Chris Solly.
    What if the choice were Yann or Chris?
  • Options

A) Yann

B) Wiggins

C) Stephens

Bingo

It didn't have to be a choice of just one though.
  • Options
    When Wiggins is on song he is absolutely top quality. Difficult though it will be to replace Yann and see him go, we simply have nobody remotely close to Wiggins in that LB position.
  • Options

A) Yann

B) Wiggins

C) Stephens

Why is it an exclusive choice? I am delighted that Wiggins is staying but Stephens out of the 3 probably. Left back is less important than a starting CM and striker.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

A) Yann

B) Wiggins

C) Stephens

Bingo

It didn't have to be a choice of just one though.
    I think the point was that of the three Wiggins would be a popular choice and we just signed him on a four and a half year deal.