Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann's Departure (Confirmed p14)

Comments

• Options

Kermogant has a penned a two-and-a-half year deal to complete a move from Charlton Athletic for an undisclosed fee.

“This is quite a small club, but it is growing and I wanted to be part of the project,” he told afcb.co.uk.

“It was a very difficult decision for me and my family because we were settled in London, but these things happen in football and sometimes you have to move on. I’m looking forward to my new challenge here now.

“I like the way the manager plays on the floor, the passing play is very good, the club has a young manager who has done well – it is a good project.

“I will have to speak with the manager about how he wants to use me, but first I will have to work hard to get my place in the team.

“I know he likes my aerial ability and the team puts in a lot of crosses, maybe they need someone to make the headers.

“Bournemouth is my new club and I will do all I can to achieve the best I can.”

Kermorgant scored on his two previous appearances at the Goldsands Stadium and is hoping to make a successful start to his Cherries career when his former club Leicester City visit the south coast, subject to Football League approval.

“I remember scoring here in the last minute when both clubs were in League One and the one this season,” he said.

“I hope to keep going and to score goals, but it’s more about the team and the club.

“We could have been playing any club tomorrow, but it’s my old club. It’s strange.

“Everyone knows my story at Leicester, but it will be the manager’s decision (whether I play).

“I have had a couple of difficult days in terms of preparation, but I will do what I have to do.”

Not exactly a 'This is a dream move for me' type statement!
    Is every football club a "project" now or just some of them ?
  • Options
    With NLA on this one,

The lack of class shown by YK has killed any "legend" talk.

I loved him like a brother, why yann? Why?!
  • Options

Bye Yann. Thanks for the memories. Will be hard to replace and in my opinion we'd still be in League 1 if he hadn't come.

he scored 12 goals in league one, BWP got 22 I think, that's a bigger influence on the outcome of us winning league one.

"Overall, Kermorgant scored 32 goals in 96 appearances for the Addicks." and people on here make out we have lost Drogba, get over it.

• Options
    Think i'll go have my first cigarette in 4 weeks. Gutted!
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

So Bournemouth can offer better terms than us???

No, we could offer the terms, but we didn't.
    So are you saying the OS story is...lies!?
    OS only mentions length of contract offered nothing about conditions, most importantly wages. What if he was offered reduced money? Difficult to judge one way or another without all details but I find it difficult to think Yann would move if terms had been closely comparable.

• Options

Good player for us. Always appeared to give his all. Seemed a decent bloke.

Well done the club on making an offer. A 2 year extension is longer than a lot would of offered.

Likely to be his last contract, so can understand why he would wish to maximise it for him & his family. Suppose we could of refused the move, but this can be problematic.

One of those things, Charlton move on, the club is bigger than one individual and has survived the loss of other players in the past.

At least he didn't sign for Celtic.

Reserve the right to revise my opinion if more facts (not rumours) emerge.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:

Quite a bitter statement on the OS. Oh well, we move on. Players come and go at this level

Me think the club feel hard done by on this one, and from what I've heard, and especially what NLA has said, they have a right to be

I don't get how the club can feel hard done by and yet have been outbid by Bournemouth?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    A bit of spin from our club in an attempt to appease the fans and Yann saying all the right things to ingratiate himself at Bournemouth from what I can see reading between the lines.
  • Options
    Bournemouth for fuck sake !!!!!

Sorry
  • Options
    just watched the interview, get the same impression, that he has to sound like he wants to be there. Still mentions we when talking about us losing at bournemouth and at the end looks very sad when talking about leaving and says he loves the charlton fans
  • Options

"Overall, Kermorgant scored 32 goals in 96 appearances for the Addicks." and people on here make out we have lost Drogba, get over it.

Drogba had no charm or charisma whatever. It isn't just about footballing ability - otherwise we'd all support one of the top Premier teams.
  • Options
    Sad that he has gone, I thought that when fully fit he was a handful for the opposition every time I saw him play. I considered him our best player ( Solly always seems to be injured when I am back in the UK ), and to have our best player sold yet again on deadline day was something I hoped would not happen under the new regime.
  • Options
    I'm as disappointed as anyone but always looking for a silver lining. Now we won't have Yann's fantastic ability in the air, we'll just have to get the ball to our forwards a different way... i.e. by playing football.
  • Options
    Absolutely gutted and those pictures are very painful to look at. Gonna find it hard to feel positive, proud or passionate about this club when Powell's gone too.
  • Options
    I feel so sad :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCdamo said:

After watching that whole interview it seems painfully obvious that Yann doesn't want to be there. His eyes look red in that photo, I like to think that he has been crying.

What interview?
  • Options
    should try and get the views from kermogants friend from france who was a frequent poster on here around the time of celtics interest last year? does anyone remember his account - could inbox him to find out some details
  • Options
    We dust down and we move on. We still have the club. I look forward to the YAN HE'S SCORED again taking up space on our match thread.

Jokes aside, great player. Always felt though that he warranted more goals. Will miss those free kicks.
  • Options

we offered him a new deal to stay here till 2016 and he said no so f**k him

I think you are wrong.
    not according to the OS. New deal offered to 2016.

...on reduced terms.
  • Options
    Yann IS a legend. End of.
  • Options
    Addick90 said:

should try and get the views from kermogants friend from france who was a frequent poster on here around the time of celtics interest last year? does anyone remember his account - could inbox him to find out some details

No point really. It's over now.
  • Options

I think you are wrong.

...on reduced terms.
    We don't know that.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    think a lot of the chest beating, i love the club stuff has proven to be slightly hollow. just my opinion, but he has done us a kipper.

i choose to fully believe now that the withdrawal due to illness at Udders was purely not to trigger the extension.

the Club has felt it necessary to comment to a greater than usual extent on the OS. you can choose who to believe but i believe that YK has got the move he has been seeking. interestingly, he didnt choose to listen to an improved offer.

following this from afar, YK has played a very cute game.

thanks for the performances, move on.

• Options

I think you are wrong.

...on reduced terms.
    We don't know that.
    No we don't but Airman has hinted strongly that there is a high probability.
  • Options
    I've never been so gutted about a player departure, we better have some quality players lined up.