Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann's Departure (Confirmed p14)

Comments

• Options
    Our season rests on this decision. If he stays it will be such a boost that relegation will be out of the question
  • Options
    Let's hope today he doesn't become Yann Kermorgone...
  • Options
    He has the best work rate and determination I have seen since Scotty Parker left. Can't knock him for that.
  • Options
    Another team may be in the mix now.
  • Options
    Heard on twitter deal done with Bournemouth hoping ain't true.
  • Options
    Undergoing medical according to Cawley. Sorry to say it guys but this shows why fans shouldn't run clubs. Like all players Yann is an asset and his value has depreciated due to age and injuries etc. The contract which we offered reflected that I expect. I will be sorry to see him go but that's how you run a business, there's no room for sentimentality or paying someone now based on what they did a few years ago.
  • Options
    What you say is the bare bones and truth of it all mate
  • Options

Undergoing medical according to Cawley. Sorry to say it guys but this shows why fans shouldn't run clubs. Like all players Yann is an asset and his value has depreciated due to age and injuries etc. The contract which we offered reflected that I expect. I will be sorry to see him go but that's how you run a business, there's no room for sentimentality or paying someone now based on what they did a few years ago.

What do you mean, a few years ago? He's been our most important player this season.
  • Options

Incidentally, I reckon you'll find that the fan run clubs across the football league are generally far better run than most of the clubs run by "business men".
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

What do you mean, a few years ago? He's been our most important player this season.
    Only because of how we've come to rely on him in the way we play. Hopefully that will change with some new faces. Besides he's been injured or out of form for half the season, it's only recently he's come back into his own.

I'm going to miss seeing him beating up centre halves, the flicks, the free kicks etc. I can just understand the other side of it as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In the very unlikely event that he does stay there is every chance that he will be utterly demotivated as he will know the value that the club has put on him. May now be for the best for us and for Yann that he goes hard though that is to stomach.
  • Options

You can't possibly know what his value is as an asset. You'd have to calculate the potential cost of relegation (effect on the crowd and squad, bedding in time of replacements) the signing on and agent fees of replacements, the cost of stay always on the gate and related items. We can only go on an estimate, gut feel is that it'd prove as bad a business decision as it is a footballing one, but time shall tell.
  • Options
    BBC Solent Sport ‏@solentsport 2m
    We understand that Yann Kermorgant is not at #CAFC training this morning. #afcb
  • Options
    Do they have training the day before a game? #clutchingatstraws
  • Options
    Jdredsox said:

Do they have training the day before a game? #clutchingatstraws

They normally coach up to northern games in the morning and then train at another team's training ground in the afternoon before going on to a local hotel.

But they could train here and then go up.
  • Options

Lets pray he has had a lie in
  • Options
    maybe its a case of CP saying this morning
    " all the players that are staying to the right and all the players that are or might be leaving to the left"

and a taxi departs for Wigan
  • Options
    Yann passed medical early this morning, announcement shortly
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    That's it then. Choked.
  • Options
    Yes, also heard from a reliable source that the medical was passed at Bournemouth earlier today despite unsuccessful last minute attempts by CP to improve the contract offer with us. Shame.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

From one brother to another ;-)
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m
    TRANSFER NEWS: Yann Kermorgant has joined @afcbournemouth for an undisclosed fee --> http://bit.ly/UsjbCV . #cafc pic.twitter.com/O1MsV96Lqr
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 57s
    TRANSFER NEWS: Yann Kermorgant has joined @afcbournemouth for an undisclosed fee --> http://bit.ly/UsjbCV . #cafc pic.twitter.com/O1MsV96Lqr
  • Options
    we offered him a new deal to stay here till 2016 and he said no so f**k him
  • Options
    someone change the thread heading
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    That's it then.

Can someone change the heading?
  • Options
    Oh dear. League One here we come. What an unnecessary relegation. Penny pinching at it's worst. Powell to follow?
  • Options

we offered him a new deal to stay here till 2016 and he said no so f**k him

Source?

• Options
    Gutted.