Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann's Departure (Confirmed p14)

Comments

• Options
    if we get in the striker from nantes I hope he likes the bench tbh, no player bigger than the club
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Can players sign a pre contract for next season and see out their current one

I believe they can only sign a pre-contract with a club from another country, they have to wait til the summer to sign up with another English. Presume it's due to conflict of interests - not an issue if he signed for Celtic, but, to use an extreme example, if he signed for Bournemouth he could theoretically be in a position on the last day of the season where he's taking a penalty that could keep us up and send them down if he scores and vice versa if he misses.
    Given that scenario I would think it highly unlikely that he would be nominated to take a penalty!
  • Options

Yann if Rhoys is staying now you know you don't wanna move down to the retirement community in Dorset, je t'enpris reste ici a Londres, tu n'a que acheté ta maison a Greenwich et on t'aime ici a Charlton aussi ce type la Eddie Howe il est un bouffon et il pue du chou pourri et vraiment il déteste les français

What is French for imperessive?
  • Options
    Yann ain't going to go
  • Options

I felt worse when we sold Killer to Derby.

So did I.
  • Options
    The worst I ever felt was when Len Glover got sold to Leicester.

After a while you realise that Charlton selling your favourite players goes with the territory of supporting them.

Still don't like it though old as I am.
  • Options
    Rob lee
    Scott minto
    Scotty p

All hurt like fuk when they left
  • Options
    I was really peed off when Killer was sold to Derby...........even rang the CAFC office to tell them how peed off I was.....they just said "nothing they could say, decision was made by the board" I think he went for £333,000.
  • Options
    The longer this goes on the more hope I have.

However, could always just be Yann waiting for our contract to improve or he's going on the last day.
  • Options
    Oh and what if Yann stays, can he play with Rezza and the other guy's that maybe coming in Piotr Parzyszek and Cedric Bakambu, now that would be a good strike force!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    when Kins went---------the fight .effort.skill at the highest level

also gutting he didnt make it with us as a coach etc.

always will be a true CAFC legend tho.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    On another thread Reserves (who I trust) says Yann is still going despite being in training today.
  • Options

I was really peed off when Killer was sold to Derby...........even rang the CAFC office to tell them how peed off I was.....they just said "nothing they could say, decision was made by the board" I think he went for £333,000.

I think it was £333,333 which was a bit weird. Not sure if they chipped in another 33p on top. If Yann stays we will all be happy -very happy. I think it is a shock to hear the one you love may leave you! I think Yann knows we are his club so the club has to maybe break it's rules and give the fans a little gesture.
  • Options

when Kins went---------the fight .effort.skill at the highest level

also gutting he didnt make it with us as a coach etc.

always will be a true CAFC legend tho.

It was the right time for Kins tho. One man who is rightly touted as a Charlton Legend, what a leader,what a player. To think because of our fucking around we almost lost him to gillingham ??????????????
  • Options
    My world fell apart when Leaburn left.
  • Options
    Been coming Charlton since 2002ish and Kermit is my fave player in all that time.
    Weve had better talent but no one as committed. Hero.
  • Options
    I can't see him staying
  • Options

I can't see him staying

Why so mate?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2014
    Might just be a difficult choice to make, short or long term.
  • Options

if we get in the striker from nantes I hope he likes the bench tbh, no player bigger than the club

Have you seen any of these players play? let alone for Charlton in the Championship.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reckon he'll go. if the Polish and French dudes do sign (reckon the Pole only myself) he has suddenly become an option in the team and not a bloody necessity.
  • Options
    Nope but I want players who want to be here and if they don't I wish them well and move on

I was never one of the underwhelmed when we signed yann in fact I was interested to see what he could do

Same as I am with goochi and the young polish lad

And I will be with the cedric if he comes

These players have a much better write up and pedigree than yann and any other forward we have had or been linked with

No disrespect intended to yann but he didn't have to go
  • Options
    That Bakambu looks well above the Championship - maybe we could play with wing backs and have Yann behind the two new strikers with the Iranian on the bench. Might change from a defensive side to an attacking one! I felt awful yesterday - having watched the two new strikers on you tube - If they do sign - I am feeling much better.
  • Options
    Yann has to look after himself. Footballers don't play forever, and at his age, a better deal is one he has to consider. Most of us would do the same, in fact I'd happily leave my job for less money, just to not see the boss every morning at 07.00am
    I was gutted when Scott Parker moved on, amazed that we sold Kinsella when he seemed an integral part of the side, but the one that traumatised me, and showed me how it would be to spend a life supporting the Addicks was Killer.
  • Options
    Just think he will AUN

The noises coming from within are that yann feels let down and hurt by the lack of effort made to keep him

Now to me that means money wernt enough

Then he comes back today to mull over the offer from brnmth and to maybe say bye to his pals and the man he owes his whole future to scp

And he sees 1 striker signed 1 on a plane and atleast 1 other linked

We are moving on not moping about yann

I think he will say ok thankyou and I love you and brnmth will never really be a bit of me but bye bye charlton
  • Options
    Given quality strikers arriving and playmaker leaving, Yann in 4-3-1-2?
  • Options
    When Killer went it left a wound in my young impressionable heart that nearly 40 years later has not fully healed. Every time since when Charlton have kicked me squarely in the bollocks I have sucked it up and remembered that black day.
  • Options

That Bakambu looks well above the Championship - maybe we could play with wing backs and have Yann behind the two new strikers with the Iranian on the bench. Might change from a defensive side to an attacking one! I felt awful yesterday - having watched the two new strikers on you tube - If they do sign - I am feeling much better.

What about Church and Sordell? Doesn't look like they are leaving so and I very much doubt we are taking 6 strikers. So something has to give.
  • Options
    They might be at the bottom of a long list!