Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann's Departure (Confirmed p14)

Comments

• Options

That's pretty similar addickted to what I was told

The offer was an increase and was not a disrespectful offer for a club in the bottom 3 of the championship who has had serious financially issues for a whole year for a 32 year old striker.

Complete game changer imo.

• Options
    Trying to make money however he can
  • Options
    Have been out of the loop a bit and have just seen this. If we do sell... why? Even if we get a 'decent' offer for him and he's out of contract in the summer, relegation will be more expensive. Without Yann, it's a near certainty.
  • Options

Have been out of the loop a bit and have just seen this. If we do sell... why? Even if we get a 'decent' offer for him and he's out of contract in the summer, relegation will be more expensive. Without Yann, it's a near certainty.

Unless we are going to spend the dough on new players, Elfsborg shut up that is silly talk
  • Options
    I think that anyone who is holding onto the hope that we have players coming in haven't seen the date... We are running out of time quite quickly.
  • Options
    Elfsborg, stop bloody talking to yourself.

there, that told him.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Unless we are going to spend the dough on new players, Elfsborg shut up that is silly talk
    I don't want new players, I want Yann!

Sniff.

Actually I want both, but if it's a straight choice, we need Yann.

This is madness.
  • Options

If Yan goes I hope , as a fan and a board member , Richard Murray comes out and explains why he feels we needed to sell our best player to a fellow championship rival.

You must be telepathic Beds I was just thinking to myself ' wonder what's Muzza's input has been while all this stuff has been going on'
    @AirmanBrown Got any snippets?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

If Yan goes I hope , as a fan and a board member , Richard Murray comes out and explains why he feels we needed to sell our best player to a fellow championship rival.

You must be telepathic Beds I was just thinking to myself ' wonder what's Muzza's input has been while all this stuff has been going on'
    @AirmanBrown Got any snippets?
    He's on the blower to his mates Micky and Tone begging them to come back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That's pretty similar addickted to what I was told

The offer was an increase and was not a disrespectful offer for a club in the bottom 3 of the championship who has had serious financially issues for a whole year for a 32 year old striker.

Complete game changer imo.

Similar to what I've heard. Also if as I'm led to believe, Martin Protheroe is still here dealing with the players contracts I don't believe he wouldn't of let CP know what was going on. Maybe the CP knows nothing story came from someone stirring the pot ?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    mad83 said:

Says it all

If this is true then not only powell not being in the loop is a shocker but also clearly states yann has been forced to move.
  • Options
    Things can get lost along the way NWC and 2nd and 3rd hand info losses a bit and things get added

I would really hope steve dixon would not stir the pot

And that's why its important there is clarification on where steve got his info and why post it like he did if it was not from powelly

Prothero is still here and is involved in contracts
  • Options
    Bournemouth getting their own back after the Wiggins/Hollands swoop a few years back. If he goes to Bournemouth he will flop .... In all my years as a Charlton fan this would represent the worst sale by far. I remember both Danny Murphy and Reidy transfers were disasters, this would be much worse as it would crush morale, piss off the fans and piss off the manager at the wrong time. I think he is sometimes overrated, but he is a talisman and selling him is bad business. I couldn't imagine the last owners doing this.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I could be proven wrong, but I don't think pot-stirring is Steve Dixon's style. What agenda does he have? Looks to me like he's just gobsmacked.
  • Options
    I would not suggest SD is stirring it BUT to claim SCP knew nothing of it is clearly wrong. We've heard the rumours on here for a number of days and Yann waved goodbye last night. SCP would have been aware of at least an offer and I can't believe he didn't know it had been accepted. If not that is very disrespectful to him and someone should hang their head in shame.
  • Options
    I agree that Steve Dixon is very unlikely to be "pot stirring".

However, I do not believe, that Powell did not know about Bournemouth's interest in Kermorgant.

Do me a favour. NLA told us yesterday or the day before.

It may be possible that Powell didn't know Kermy was on his way to discuss terms.

He wouldn't necessarily know, unless Kermy had told him.
  • Options
    The point is - Powell would have known Bournemouth were sniffing about, but was he consulted in the decision. If not - then he didn't know Yann was going to be sold to them - clearly.
  • Options
    What happens if this loan signing comes in and scores 15-20 goals? And it could happen. Still him up front with Yan would have been quality.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Could just mean CP didn't know the board had agreed the fee. Dicko has kept out of CAFC politics for years. It would be laughable to think he suddenly has an agenda, but like everyone else with connections into the club he isn't going to disclose them either.
  • Options
    That tweet from Steve Dixon says Yann is upset, doesn't want to go but has no choice. Surely he still has a contract with us until the summer so he does have a choice? He can choose to say 'no thanks i'm staying' then assess his options in the summer.

Players hold all the power these days don't they? A club can't force a player to leave.
  • Options
    You only have to hear Chrissy talk about Yann to know he had no part in this!
  • Options

That tweet from Steve Dixon says Yann is upset, doesn't want to go but has no choice. Surely he still has a contract with us until the summer so he does have a choice? He can choose to say 'no thanks i'm staying' then assess his options in the summer.

Players hold all the power these days don't they? A club can't force a player to leave.

Precisely !
  • Options

They hold power until they get to the ripe old age of 34 or so, and then they are thrown on the scrap heap. A club can't force a player to leave. They can however make it easy or hard for him to choose to stay.

• Options
    Yann has another 3 years in him at this level - he doesn't have any pace and doesn't rely on it one iota.
  • Options
    There used to be a saying

'make sure YOUR players legs go

on another managers pitch.'

This wouldn't be Chris Powell's attitude, but it may be RD's.
  • Options
    I hope we put a defender on the line when we give Bournemouth a free kick within range against us.
  • Options
    Well, think we can guarantee that's six points gone - no Yann to score the winner for us v Leicester while he will score the winner for Bournemouth against us. But there are still another 18 games for Churchy to be the hero...so why worry?!
  • Options
    Please don't go yann :( I don't know if I can love another man