Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann's Departure (Confirmed p14)

Comments

• Options
    At least we can invest a substantial chunk of the cash by appointing Avram Grant as DOF.
  • Options
    Says it all
  • Options
    If he goes he goes...
    But to Bournemouth?....Really!?
  • Options
    Who is steve dixon?
  • Options
    mad83 said:

Says it all

Outrageous. This complete bollox up is seriously testing my feelings for CAFC.
  • Options
    As I see it, the minimum requirement to keep us up is to add a decent goalscorer to the squad. If Yann goes, then we'll need two. So, unless RD has done everything but finalise a deal for a duo like Ings and Volkes, it's imperative to hold on to Yann.
  • Options
    Steve Dixon wouldn't make that up. Im speechless.
  • Options
    If that is a real account and CP did not know anything about this his time is up as manager as well
  • Options
    Sounds about right mike. What on earth is happening. ...and they thought jiminez was a bad owner!
  • Options
    If that is the real Steve Dixon then it's true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who is he?
  • Options
    Hang on, didn't creepy crawley say Yann was already down Bournemouth?
  • Options

Who is he?

a person
  • Options

Its a complete joke, Kermorgant to Bournemouth and Stephens to Brighton. Who do bring in? a goalkeeper we don't need, a sub par midfielder who looks as though hes going to be used to warm the bench and a right winger who will spend most of his time with the U21s (if he turns out to be any good he will either be sold or will go back to Liege)

At the moment its safe to say we have given up on trying to survive in the Championship. Its about time Charlton fans found out exactly what is going on and where all the money is going.

Its strange when you think we had the money from the sale of Darren Bent, the sale of Scott Parker, the Parachute payment and the sale of Carl Jenkinson and yet we can't even afford to repair the drainage system at the Valley.

Not forgetting Jonjo.
  • Options

Who is he?

a person
    Really, like an actual human being?
  • Options
    mad83 said:

Says it all

If I was CP I'd be seriously thinking about clearing my desk and doing one. He's had to put up with more crap and bullshit than most managers have to deal with in their whole careers. Deserves so much more.
  • Options
    olster said:

Who is steve dixon?

a legend

• Options

Why to a relegation rival that we still have to play though?

Relegation rival? Good side, spending money, 10 points ahead of us and outplayed Liverpool for long periods on saturday. No chance they'll be anywhere near the drop zone
    Also - aren't they owned by an Arab or some other with loads of notes?
  • Options
    edited January 2014

He worked for the Club some years ago and was very involved, along with the good Airman, Prague and others, in the Back To The Valley campaign.

In other words he almost certainly has credible contacts.

EDIT: sorry meant to quote Cray Addick!!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

He worked for the Club some years ago and was very involved, along with the good Airman, Prague and others, in the Back To The Valley campaign.

In other words he almost certainly has credible contacts.

EDIT: sorry meant to quote Cray Addick!!
    Thanks for that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mad83 said:

Says it all

Well there goes my hopes that CP reluctantly allowed this to happen knowing he had some one better lined up.

That message makes me sad. Gutted.
  • Options
    If that 's the real Steve Dixon then this is the end of the road for Powell I'm afraid, no way will he stick around after being treated like this - and I don't think any of us can blame him.

Doesn't matter if we sign Ronaldo and Messi now, you don't treat the manager like that. What a dark, dire day in the recent history of our club.

At least we now know Roland's exit strategy - out the West Stand car park with his head on a stick.
  • Options
    He he goes so be it , but he needs to be replaced with someone as good or better its as simple as that if not i believe we have a problem , ffs powelly must realise this .
  • Options

We won on Saturday without him, lost last night with him
    He is not in form, seems to have lost some heart and desire of late
    He is 32 and nearly out of contract
    He is not the most consistent of goal scorers, good to great player that he has been for CAFC
    The club will still be here when he goes
    If he wants to go and is wanted elsewhere .. he would go with all our thanks, if not necessarily our blessings

Hear Hear - or should it be Here Here?
  • Options
    boogica said:

He he goes so be it , but he needs to be replaced with someone as good or better its as simple as that if not i believe we have a problem , ffs powelly must realise this .

If the tweet allegedly from Steve Dixon is genuine then Powell knew nothing about it until told by Yann!
  • Options
    If Yann is being sold without CPs knowledge or support, then CP should walk now, with his dignity intact.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

boogica said:

If the tweet allegedly from Steve Dixon is genuine then Powell knew nothing about it until told by Yann!
    If true it seems like a lot of discontent will occur between the coaching staff , players and the owner a complete disaster .
  • Options
    So he's getting the train down!!! Why wouldn't he be driven or drive, and Yann waved goodbye to the fans last night yet Powell didn't know he was leaving!!!
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

If Yann is being sold without CPs knowledge or support, then CP should walk now, with his dignity intact.

But this thread started at 1500hrs today so how is it a lot of posters knew and Chris Powell didn't?