Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann's Departure (Confirmed p14)

Comments

• Options

I am amazed, in fact absolutely gobsmacked, that one single Charlton supporter could see anything positive in the departure of Yann.
    To us fans he is a cult hero.
    When his teammates glance around the dressing room before a game, I should imagine they would draw strength from his presence. He is a talismanic figure.
    OK, he is no youngster, but this is not the time to be moving him on. There is unfinished business.
    If this goes through, it would be amongst the most dispiriting transfers of recent times and would put the new board seriously at odds with fans.
    Please do not try to put a positive spin on this sorry episode. It just won't wash.

I agree. But I don't really think anyone is happy to see him go, there is no really positive aspect to him leaving. But that doesn't mean I'm going to start laying into the previous owners, the current owners or Yann himself. It's football, this is happening, lets hope we can still do ok without him.

Most sad for me will be not getting to say goodbye from the Covered End. He's been a hero.
  • Options
    The only real goal threat in the side other than Jacko, who ain't getting any younger or faster - so we sell him. This feels like 2009, we've accepted relegation three months early.

Dum de dum...meet the new boss...same as the old boss
  • Options

cafctom said:

As usual lots of people talking in a totally ill-informed manner.

Yann has OBVIOUSLY been offered a contract from CAFC. It is up to HIM whether to accept that contract. We can't expect the club to just match whatever money someone else offers him - that is not the way our club works. When have we ever done that?

Fans need to look at this from Yann's point of view instead of laying into the club. Yann has two options:

1.) Sign a new contract with his current club (who may get relegated!) on similar terms to his current contract

2.) Sign for a new club, who are NOT getting relegated, and who are able to pay him more money

Is that such a hard decision??
    Good luck Yann, you have been a hero, thank you for all of your hard work and passion.

Your argument holds up until the part about being offered a contract with Charlton on similar terms to what he is on now. Truth is, he was offered reduced wages.

If we actually had offered similar terms then likelihood is he would have signed it.

We took the piss out of a player who has given us everything, and deserved much more respect from the current owner.
    Has it been reported that we offered Yann reduced terms?
    I didn't think you could offer reduced terms, I thought you had to at least match the terms he is on. You can change the length of the contract, perhaps we are only offering 1 yr and other clubs are offering more.
  • Options
    I recall SCP saying in December that he would be 'wheeling and dealing' in the transfer window. I love him to bits but am becomming disillusioned by his management at the moment. Is it him or those above that are the problem. The latest team selections suggest Yann out and Hamer up front alongside Colin Powell who can clear the pitch at the same time! Hey ho, here we go again.

Sometimes it is hard to keep the Faith
  • Options
    reading through this website this last 6 months has been pretty depressing. was it always like this or did people enjoy themselves.
  • Options

400 k for a 32 year old with 6 months on his contract sounds good to me. Thanks yann for a couple of good free kicks and 1 million flick ons which never went anywhere. Wish you all the best.

Troll.
  • Options
    Could be worse - could have left us to play in Scotland.
  • Options
    Would Yann be our highest paid player? How much a week?
  • Options
    edited January 2014

reading through this website this last 6 months has been pretty depressing. was it always like this or did people enjoy themselves.

@jackmasterflash It's times like these young Jack that make the good times all that more enjoyable, the first 50 years are the worst :-) Keep the faith.
  • Options
    Results this season (including cup games);

With Kermo:
    Wins: 20%
    Draws: 40%
    Defeats: 40%

Without Kermo:
    Wins: 30%
    Draws: 20%
    Defeats: 50%

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

@jackmasterflash It's times like these young Jack that make the good times all that more enjoyable, the first 50 years are the worst :-) Keep the faith.
    I am honestly getting pretty sick of this website. I shouldn't go on it because it is like everyone is ridiculously depressed. I can understand being annoyed but the way so many people are cynical and pessimistic.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    CP to the Owner "Ok Mr RD we got £400k for Yan who we geting in ?-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Mr Rd who we getig in ?---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Mr Rd you there ?"

"hold on hold on who are you ? o yes Christopher Powell coach of one of my teams in the UK i believe--------------well there is this kid kicking a ball up against the waste bins you can have him "
  • Options
    Gutted if he is going. We've got no goals in us except for him. Also means we won't beat Leicester 2-1 like we usually do (with him scoring) when we play them :(
    Everyone around us is strengthening and we appear to be weakening.
  • Options
    mad83 said:

Yann has told a friend of mine he hasn't been offered a new contract and the club has told him we want to sell him. He said he would prefer to stay but if the club want to sell him he will go.

cafctom said:

Yann has OBVIOUSLY been offered a contract from CAFC. It is up to HIM whether to accept that contract. We can't expect the club to just match whatever money someone else offers him - that is not the way our club works. When have we ever done that?

Fans need to look at this from Yann's point of view instead of laying into the club. Yann has two options:

1.) Sign a new contract with his current club (who may get relegated!) on similar terms to his current contract

2.) Sign for a new club, who are NOT getting relegated, and who are able to pay him more money

Good luck Yann, you have been a hero, thank you for all of your hard work and passion.

Your argument holds up until the part about being offered a contract with Charlton on similar terms to what he is on now. Truth is, he was offered reduced wages.

If we actually had offered similar terms then likelihood is he would have signed it.

We took the piss out of a player who has given us everything, and deserved much more respect from the current owner.
    Nothing has been offered.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

I am honestly getting pretty sick of this website. I shouldn't go on it because it is like everyone is ridiculously depressed. I can understand being annoyed but the way so many people are cynical and pessimistic.
    There's a proverb that says "hope deferred makes the heart sick." I think that's what's going on here. Just when we think something good is about to happen it gets snatched away.

But there are better days ahead just as there have been better days behind us. I'm an optimist, come join me young Jack in the glass half full club.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Today is not a good day at all after last nights debacle and our hero on the verge of leaving. Take a time out Jack and tune back in on Saturday when our two new strikers have recorded a brace each in a 4-0 demolition of Wigan...........
    Deluded, Who me? :-)
  • Options

Yann is 32, prone to injury and out of contract in the summer.
    He is a mid champ player at best.
    He isn't the future.
    1 million would be crazy good business. Even 400k seems fair given that he can walk in the summer.
    It may be time to have a little faith in RD. His vision seems to be working at standard liege.
    He was left with a relegation level team. I'm sure he new this when he bought us.
    I have faith in his vision. I expect the players we bring in to allow us to survive.
    Most of the squad will be gone by next year and replaced by better. I expect us to be playing better football and challenging for promotion next year.

Who have we brought in that will allow us to survive

Yohann Thuram - another goalkeeper is not we need we a need a goalscorer, a creative midfielder, a winger and a centre back.
    Astrit Ajdarevic - Yes a midfielder but it looks as though hes going to be sitting on the bench a lot
    Anil Koc - Yes a winger but CP himself has said he'll be mostly with the U21s

The three signings are exactly going to allow us to survive.

While perhaps we should show RD some faith, given the fact he expects fans to part with their hard earned cash then surely he needs to come forward and explain what the plan is even if its something like "yes I am going to sell Kermorgant, Stephens and maybe Cousins and this is so the manager can invest in the team next year." At least then fans would know the reason things are happening. At the moment it just looks as though the board has resigned to the fact we will get relegated and doesn't seem to care all that much about the fans.

• Options
    If Kermigant goes in this transfer window then they can go fuck themselves if they think I'm buying a season ticket for me and my sons next season. I've had a gut full of what's going on at this club and selling our best player will be the straw that breaks the camels back.
  • Options
    8/9 weeks ago I'd have said take the money because I thought he'd looked overweight and uninterested since preseason. Now I'm praying he stays
  • Options
    Jim Davidson for Owner!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cafctom said:

I didn't think you could offer reduced terms, I thought you had to at least match the terms he is on. You can change the length of the contract, perhaps we are only offering 1 yr and other clubs are offering more.
    you can offer what you want but at the end of the day if he doesn't accept it then he's off on a free. it's only when it's a young'un, under 24, and you want to get the development fee that you have to offer a similar or better contract otherwise they can walk and you get nought.

• Options

If Kermigant goes in this transfer window then they can go fuck themselves if they think I'm buying a season ticket for me and my sons next season. I've had a gut full of what's going on at this club and selling our best player will be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Don't think you'll be the only one Beds
  • Options
    Good Luck Kermy, you have scored some beautes.
  • Options

At this rate even Seb Lewis could be 750 and out.
  • Options

Send the ticket back now with a covering letter, i have and will get a refund. Travel over two hours to get a game for them to tell me its called off two hours before, and now selling the club down the river and you want me to give you my hard earnt money to do it. Would rather pick and choose my games, or go to away games. My boys team play with more spirit and commitment.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

400 k for a 32 year old with 6 months on his contract sounds good to me. Thanks yann for a couple of good free kicks and 1 million flick ons which never went anywhere. Wish you all the best.

Troll.
    You've hurt my feelings.

• Options

If Kermigant goes in this transfer window then they can go fuck
    themselves if they think I'm buying a season ticket for me and my sons next season. I've had a gut full of what's going on at this club and selling our best player will be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Purchased a couple of tickets for the Birmingham game yesterday before last nights debacle and today's bad news. Its a 300 mile round trip for me and I'm beginning to think I've made a very bad mistake.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    We won on Saturday without him, lost last night with him
    He is not in form, seems to have lost some heart and desire of late
    He is 32 and nearly out of contract
    He is not the most consistent of goal scorers, good to great player that he has been for CAFC
    The club will still be here when he goes
    If he wants to go and is wanted elsewhere .. he would go with all our thanks, if not necessarily our blessings
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I've got tickets to Newcastle vs. Sunderland on Sat. Something to do.

Today's going on make me want to go to Wigan and sob.

I don't think i've felt this bad about a player leaving since Parker left and we knew it was downhill from there. Those days look so rosy now.

League one.
  • Options
    Let's give Yann the player of the year award now, the rest of the season is looking bleaker minute by minute can't see a loanee saving us from the drop.