Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann's Departure (Confirmed p14)

Comments

• Options

Its not looking good for a fourth straight win against Leicester, is it?

Be lucky if we have 4 fit players!

• Options
    I'm so so so gutted !! But ..

I just have a strong feeling that he'll reject them and stay with us , I think he'll have a word with Powell aswell persuading him to see it out till the end of the season - Yann doesn't want to leave

Maybe I'm clutching at straws ?
  • Options
    Not sure about SD's quote, but Powell knows what players have been offered new Contracts and knows which one's haven't signed them.

If they haven't signed on the dotted line (for whatever reason) then he knows that they are going to be open to offers from elsewhere. He's been in the game long enough to know how these things works. And none of this will surprise him.

It's all about FFP. We need to cut our cloth accordingly and RD has made it clear we will. We can afford what we can afford - and if X thousand pounds a week for 2/3 years contract for a player is not enough for them, then they will go elsewhere - assuming there is someone else who wants them.

The only direction for non prem players wages in the future is downwards. The only way we can attract better players is to earn more money.

Everyone on here who chucks in the towell, doesn't renew or stops buying tickets for home games makes the situation worse, not better as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    If this has been done without CP knowing then that is poor and disrespectful management of the highest order. Some people will say that as the owner of the club he can do what he likes.....yes they are right he can......but that doesn't make it right and if it were YOU how would you feel if where you currently work did the same to you? I manage a large number people, but if my manager came to me and said "oh by the way I've sent your star performer to a.n other department" without at least discussing with me first, I would most probably resign as I could not manage without trust in my manager. This, if true is very shoddy.
  • Options
    Personally feel Yann is a very talented footballer. Think he has not been snapped up previously by a Fulham, Swansea, Norwich, Soton type club due to his age.

He has still managed to show enormous skill, as well as battling qualities, in a Charlton team that has played a largely "safe" and dull style- and that's not a dig at SCP, as he has been very successful using this style on a virtually non existent budget.

A Yann in a strong ball playing side would be a hell of a player. But even a Yann in a shoe string Charlton side is a huge talisman.

Please don't go Yann!!!!!!!
  • Options

Guess who Bournemouth have this Saturday .......
  • Options

Guess who Bournemouth have this Saturday .......
    Birmingham?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With Kermorgant looking like he'll be joining Bournemouth www.transfermarket.co.uk and Wikipedia are listing Reza Ghoochannejhad as a Charlton player, a six month loan deal it looks like
  • Options

We haven't had a player as good as him in the air since Shaun Bartlett and Yann is arguably better than him.

With all due respect, I think Bartlett was a serious cut above Yann. I think it's easy to forget how much higher the standard is in the Premiership. This doesn't, of course, lessen Yann's importance to the team right now.
    No, you misunderstand - Yann wins as many headers as Bartlett and his flick ons are arguably more accurate. Agree overall Bartlett was the better player, although if Yann had knuckled down more in his younger years and was blessed with a bit more pace I'd say his physique and technique is good enough to play in the Premier League.
  • Options
    So when are we doing a Liege and having a riot outside the Valley?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    If he really didn't want to go he could just go in and say i want £300,000 a week and refuse to budge.
  • Options

We haven't had a player as good as him in the air since Shaun Bartlett and Yann is arguably better than him.

With all due respect, I think Bartlett was a serious cut above Yann. I think it's easy to forget how much higher the standard is in the Premiership. This doesn't, of course, lessen Yann's importance to the team right now.
    No, you misunderstand - Yann wins as many headers as Bartlett and his flick ons are arguably more accurate. Agree overall Bartlett was the better player, although if Yann had knuckled down more in his younger years and was blessed with a bit more pace I'd say his physique and technique is good enough to play in the Premier League.
    Fair enough, Exiled. I wasn't trying to pick a fight. I just thought that Bartlett was a high quality front man, who unsettled the best of defenders. I think you are spot on. I do wonder if Yann wasted a part of his career and could have made it to a higher standard or whether he just improved at a late stage.
  • Options
    remember when people use to say about Bartlett that he only played well when his contract was due for renewal ? Strange how its now the players aint playing because teir contracts are up for renewal.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

So when are we doing a Liege and having a riot outside the Valley?

If we do it inside, it might sort the pitch out.
  • Options

Fair enough, Exiled. I wasn't trying to pick a fight. I just thought that Bartlett was a high quality front man, who unsettled the best of defenders. I think you are spot on. I do wonder if Yann wasted a part of his career and could have made it to a higher standard or whether he just improved at a late stage.
    Neither was I Thai, it's all good, I just wanted to clarify so I don't come across as even more of moron than usual.

• Options
    ON THE PITCH. On second thoughts ....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He had cancer when a teenager and couldn't play and develop his game for a number of crucial years.
  • Options
    That's pretty similar addickted to what I was told

The offer was an increase and was not a disrespectful offer for a club in the bottom 3 of the championship who has had serious financially issues for a whole year for a 32 year old striker.
  • Options

I am not sure how much Yann 'wasted' his career but did he not have Leukaemia for two years?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Just told my 14 year old daughter Yann was leaving. It was a genuinely awful moment. I could see her welling up.

She then referred to our new owner as Roland Dickknobhead, which I would normally pick her up on, as she's a well brought young lady, but on this occasion I let it go.

Oh dear, I suspect that name may come to stick!
  • Options

Uboat said:

Just told my 14 year old daughter Yann was leaving. It was a genuinely awful moment. I could see her welling up.

She then referred to our new owner as Roland Dickknobhead, which I would normally pick her up on, as she's a well brought young lady, but on this occasion I let it go.

Oh dear, I suspect that name may come to stick!
    It's pronounced 'Do shat ellay' and, barring miracles between now and the end of the window, maybe that's how it should be spelled
  • Options

That's pretty similar addickted to what I was told

The offer was an increase and was not a disrespectful offer for a club in the bottom 3 of the championship who has had serious financially issues for a whole year for a 32 year old striker.

Has he declined the offer ? Or maybe shopping around
  • Options

When Charlton sell their best players to Bournemouth we know we are fucked.

Bournemouth are not so bad. Good manager, owners appear sensible and relatively sane and are investing in the team. No mad strategy just solid investment.
  • Options
    I feel more depressed at this time, about CAFC, than when we were relegated to League 1. What is RD upto?