Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Yann's Departure (Confirmed p14)

Comments

• Lets not underestimate the added value Yann has of being match fit and used to the Championship. Quality as the Iranian/Polish/French lads might be, they are either young, or inexperienced in England or both. Don't know much about any of them, but there is also a need, imo, in this division to have a at least one striker in the squad who will get involved in the physical battles and is good in the air, especially as we may still have to play half our games on a partially ploughed field.

I don't care what anyone wants to tells themselves to make themselves feel better about him leaving. You can make out that we're doing the dumping if you must, but I want him to stay. He's a very good Championship player and is good enough to form part of a promotion challenging squad. I want him here with the new strikers, apart from anything else, at current he's the player most likely to thread a decent pass through to one of them.

Fantastic post
  • Reid departure was the worst in recent years, Bougherra was bad too.
  • I can't see us having a strike force of

Reza, Parzysek, Bakambu, Church, Sordell AND Yann. Surely the others are only possibilities for when/if he leaves?
  • bloody hope thats the case Valley11
  • edited January 2014
    Salad said:

Reid departure was the worst in recent years, Bougherra was bad too.

The one that really hurt me was John Humphries to Palace.
  • Lets not underestimate the added value Yann has of being match fit and used to the Championship. Quality as the Iranian/Polish/French lads might be, they are either young, or inexperienced in England or both. Don't know much about any of them, but there is also a need, imo, in this division to have a at least one striker in the squad who will get involved in the physical battles and is good in the air, especially as we may still have to play half our games on a partially ploughed field.

I don't care what anyone wants to tells themselves to make themselves feel better about him leaving. You can make out that we're doing the dumping if you must, but I want him to stay. He's a very good Championship player and is good enough to form part of a promotion challenging squad. I want him here with the new strikers, apart from anything else, at current he's the player most likely to thread a decent pass through to one of them.

X, spot on as ever

• @RichCawleySLP: Expectation is still that Yann Kermorgant will go. #cafc
  • edited January 2014
    Posted this on the rumours thread, but I've also heard he's going despite being at the training ground today.

Also heard there was a big fallout and Powell was nearly sacked today, but the situation was recovered.
  • reserves said:

Posted this on the rumours thread, but I've also heard he's going despite being at the training ground today.

Also heard there was a big fallout and Powell was nearly sacked today, but the situation was recovered.

Who at the club would have the authority to sack him ? Only RD I would think and he's not here is he ?

• Sponsored links:

• reserves said:

Have you heard that from someone from within? Or another source?
  • Within, I'd expect them to have a very good gist of it, but they wouldn't be party to all the info.
  • reserves said:

Who at the club would have the authority to sack him ? Only RD I would think and he's not here is he ?

Phone? Email? Text? Jungle Grapevine? or perhaps he could delegate it to Katrine.

• reserves said:

@smiffyboy 's mate?
  • reserves said:

Stinks of BS to me!
  • Halix said:

Salad said:

Reid departure was the worst in recent years, Bougherra was bad too.

The one that really hurt me was John Humphries to Palace.
    The newsreader/Mastermind host? Or do you mean John Humphrey?
  • C_A_F_C said:

reserves said:

@smiffyboy 's mate?
    Trying to find out now

• I was really peed off when Killer was sold to Derby...........even rang the CAFC office to tell them how peed off I was.....they just said "nothing they could say, decision was made by the board" I think he went for £333,000.

I think it was £333,333 which was a bit weird. Not sure if they chipped in another 33p on top. If Yann stays we will all be happy -very happy. I think it is a shock to hear the one you love may leave you! I think Yann knows we are his club so the club has to maybe break it's rules and give the fans a little gesture.
    If memory serves correct, that was a British record transfer fee at the time. Anyone agree?
  • edited January 2014

reserves said:

Stinks of BS to me!
    Same source as before that was proved to be correct, hope it's wrong.

• reserves said:

reserves said:

Stinks of BS to me!

reserves said:

reserves said:

Stinks of BS to me!

Correct with what?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2014
    Yann was deffinetly at training today but he doesn't know about the Powell argument he's not heard anything and dale has gone @C_A_F_C
  • reserves said:

Do not believe this rumour about Powell at all, RD is not in UK.
  • C_A_F_C said:

reserves said:

Correct with what?
    The player who left prior to Stephens.
  • RD doesn't have to be UK, they could have had a phone or skype call with CP
  • Yes because these days it is only possible to have an argument if you are in the same room as the other person.
  • .Adrian Howard ?@AdrianHoward1 4m

Yann has given #cafc a opportunity to agree a new deal! they don't want to & stand by the reduced terms offered before! #afcb

• edited January 2014
    ----------Alnwick
    -----Dervite Morro Wood
    Solly------------------Wiggy
    ---Cousins *NEW * *NEW*
    -------Gucci Parzyszek

If he goes looks strong to me.

If he stays:

----------Alnwick
    ----Solly Morro Wood Wiggy
    -------Cousins Astrit
    Gucci------Kerm-----Bakambu
    ---------Parzyszek

Looks fooking strong to me! (Providing the new signings live up to rep)
  • edited January 2014
    Just offer a new deal Charlton ffs, Kermy, Reza, Parzyszek and Church looks strong.
  • RD doesn't have to be UK, they could have had a phone or skype call with CP

Very true LL ..but this is BS ...so someone was in the room with CP when he had the phone/Skype call?

Too many people making up stories or passing on second hand info.
  • I think reduced terms is disrespectful if true!