Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann's Departure (Confirmed p14)

Comments

• Options
    Rob62 said:

If you had to keep one of these 3 who would it be?

A) Yann

B) Wiggins

C) Stephens

Bingo

It didn't have to be a choice of just one though.
    Not for the fans, but maybe it was for Powell.

My point is that I think out of the 3 the right choice has been made.
  • Options

A) Yann

B) Wiggins

C) Stephens

Personally if I ran a club that was in the relegation zone and these were my best players then I would have done whatever it took to keep all three of them.
  • Options
    This really does leave a bitter taste. For all of the spin on the OS regarding this move it is very clear that the club offered him a new 2 year contract at substantially less than what he is on now. I know he is 32, but in this day and age, 32 isn't as over the hill as it used to be in terms of football.
    If someone came up to me at work and offered m a new contract earning less than what I do now, I'd look elsewhere too.
    The club have handled this whole situation extremely poorly. Letting Stephens, Alnwick and Yann leave in such quick succession really leaves alarm bells ringing. I'm sure the guys who have been brought in are all decnet enough platers, but have they been tried and tested in the Championship? Away at Barnsley et al on a cold winter night. I very much doubt it and I very much doubt they would have the heart, passion and willingness to get kicked about by defenders as Yann did.
    Good Luck Yann and every success fot the future, Our loss is Bournemouths gain.

• Options
    Thanks for everything, Yann.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

A) Yann

B) Wiggins

C) Stephens

Personally if I ran a club that was in the relegation zone and these were my best players then I would have done whatever it took to keep all three of them.
    Just trying to look at it slightly differently. Something has to change in order for us to get out of this relegation trouble we are in.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    reserves said:

Posted this on the rumours thread, but I've also heard he's going despite being at the training ground today.

Also heard there was a big fallout and Powell was nearly sacked today, but the situation was recovered.

Turns out the Powell rumour you posted on every thread was a load of bo lax then, unless he is being diplomatic in the interview that just came out
  • Options
    And let down all the people idolise me by refusing to play in the 4th rd of the fa cup and make the mgr decide what game was more important donny or the fa cup and change all the prep rd on fri and piss the lads off who done so well sat to go straight back in the team on tuesday

Yeah fuck off Roland

• Options

And let down all the people idolise me by refusing to play in the 4th rd of the fa cup and make the mgr decide what game was more important donny or the fa cup and change all the prep rd on fri and piss the lads off who done so well sat to go straight back in the team on tuesday

Yeah fuck off Roland

^ That's conjecture. Might be true. Would make sense. But we'll never know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yeah fuck off Roland

You know this to be true then, do you?
  • Options
    Aint conjecture its a fact and I aint the only one who knew it
  • Options

Ok fair enough. How do you know?
  • Options

The comment he made about not being expected to move in this window lead me to believe that perhaps he would have at least been happy to have stayed until the summer but the club chose to cash in and he had little say in the matter. I also think the tone of the interview implied he didnt want to leave us generally. Even worse...A cold wet Tuesday night at SPOTLAND!!

When we are losing 1-0 at home to Rochdale next season on a cold Tuesday night we arent going to have someone stood over a free kick who will save us.

• Options

If you say so. Doesn't change my opinion of Yann one bit. As for some saying he was "holding the club to ransom", absolute tosh. What he gave to us over two and a bit years absolutely outweighs everything else.
  • Options
    Feel pretty gutted , we all knew this was going to happen , but it feels like my heart has been ripped out , and a little bit more of whats left that i love about football has been taken away , good luck Yann , thanks for the memories.
  • Options
    I've heard the same as NLA from different people about Yann and his 'injury'
  • Options
    If half the things NLA's been saying are true, then i'm not too sorry he's left.

He's clearly unhappy and wanted to move/more money, and we've gained two strikers out of it.
  • Options
    IF true, that's a shame.

Wouldn't change my opinion of the man though based on his commitment over the last 2 1/2 years.

At that point playing / not playing MAY have had a huge impact on his family's future.

It clearly didn't annoy Powell or his teammates too much. The latter said, just yesterday, how much he wanted him to stay. Would he have said that if he had fallen out / was let down by him? No, of course not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tom like I said I loved yann he was a great player for us

But to treat you and I like that at the end is not what he shouldve done

If you want to ignore it and idolise him still then that's your right

I aint rubbishing him or his record I said before I was uncomfortable with the I won't sign till I know what powell is doing as it smacks of holding the club to ransom to a degree but I could understand it

But he has damaged his rep with me and others with what he done on thursday/friday last week and that is not what kins or rufus woukdve done proper legends and proper cafc lovers
  • Options
    Rothko said:

When Parzyszek smashes one in tomorrow to win the game, this will all be forgotten

When we lose 5-0 tomorrow, it will be very relevant again.
  • Options
    This day and age legends are rare, players come and go like clockwork and football is too much of a business and taken too seriously on individual choice.

Having said that he's a legend of the naughtys +1. Compared to what we have been used to since our premier league relegation, he was a blessing.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Tom like I said I loved yann he was a great player for us

But to treat you and I like that at the end is not what he shouldve done

If you want to ignore it and idolise him still then that's your right

I aint rubbishing him or his record I said before I was uncomfortable with the I won't sign till I know what powell is doing as it smacks of holding the club to ransom to a degree but I could understand it

But he has damaged his rep with me and others with what he done on thursday/friday last week and that is not what kins or rufus woukdve done proper legends and proper cafc lovers

I can guarantee you now that every single one of our current players or former legends has at some point in their career done something a little bit sneaky that fans wouldn't always approve of. Feigning an injury when not feeling up for a game, telling the odd white lie to get a better contract. Its that kind of industry, and Yann is no exception to that.

The only difference is that you just happen to have heard about it in the case of Yann.

Keep in mind that Yann doesn't act alone in any of these actions, he is always being advised by agents who are looking out for him. Now, lets say what you're saying is true, and he ended up getting a new contract as a result of it - I really wouldn't have minded.

He maybe tried playing the game a little bit, not a crime when you consider some of the mercenary tactics that do go on in this industry.
  • Options
    You think that putting yourself over your team mates playing in the next rd of the fa cup and potentially pulling a top 4 pem team didn't upset his team mates

Of course powell wanted him to stay I think everyone did including me and that was after I knew I still wanted him to stay

He was a quality player for us

But he did do something that

A put powells job more at risk

B couldve put us out the cup

C disrespected each and everyone of us and the badge
  • Options
    once 6ft 3inch Piotr Parzyszek heads the winning goal tomoz,most will soon forget Kerm and get on with cheering our Charlton on and getting out of this relegation battle,onwards and upwards
  • Options
    Oh here we go, the famous five are back with more bullshit

Good luck Yann and well done Roland for sealing our relegation

Be careful what you wish for
  • Options
    Bigger and better players will come though none will be Yann Kermorgant R.I.P.
  • Options
    I wish him all the best at Bournemouth and will be getting a good reception from most of us, we don't know what's going on or being said behind the scenes, he wouldn't of left us if it wasn't a better opportunity for him.. He'll be back some day I'm sure, hopefully as a coach or similar :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    shine166 said:

reserves said:

Posted this on the rumours thread, but I've also heard he's going despite being at the training ground today.

Also heard there was a big fallout and Powell was nearly sacked today, but the situation was recovered.

Turns out the Powell rumour you posted on every thread was a load of bo lax then, unless he is being diplomatic in the interview that just came out
    shine166 said:

reserves said:

Not sure which interview you are referring to, the CAFC Player one from yesterday *morning* perhaps.

I'm not sure if by every thread you mean two (the actual amount of relevant threads I posted it on)?

I posted what I had heard from a source, at least 2 out of the last 3 statements have been correct (first to post that Smith was leaving & stated prior to Richard Cawley that Kermo defo leaving yesterday afternoon)

Fear not though, I'll stay quiet in future, all the best.