Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Yann's Departure (Confirmed p14)

Comments

• Good to see Tony Jimenez's apologist is back in full flow
  • That's why I still wanted him to sign tom as that's the business

But he aint and he is gone and he was part of orchastrating a move away

Its not what legends do and it certainly didn't warrant the abuse RD got for saying

No no one does that at my club you may be the man but I will not be threatend into giving you more cash

You are free to go

Look what came after that the anger and angst at the owners

Irresponsible underminning tweets on the matter that further exposed powell

It didn't need to happen he wanted more money than the model is to pay 30 year old plus players at this club now that's all
  • If Yann had been sold in the same manner under TJ and Slater this would be a 2000 thread, fact

Be careful what you wish for
  • Nothing more to this then thanks for the memories Yann. Bye, move on welcome next recruits and get behind the players that are registered with Charlton. He has gone. End.
  • no f******g way are we gonna be relegated.
  • For all we know, the club hierarchies may not have wanted Yann to trigger the clause. Could have tied them into a commitment they didn't want to be in, and maybe boosted their asking price beyond what B'Mouth wanted.

I don't doubt what you heard NLA, but as AFKA states, we're still going on second hand info and should be careful assessing our whole judgement of Yann on that.

• There is only one thing that matters now; We are in a relegation run in and our best striker, and possibly our best player has gone. Along with the manager's first choice goalkeeper and our best midfielder. Whether the replacements will turn out equal or better, we'll just have to wait and see.

Yes.

It could go one way or the other so hold out attitudes until the evidence of our next couple of games.
  • Smudge fair enough but you know who has good links to the club and have advised me so in the past to be awarw of what some say and they confirmed it as did another person so I think we all know it happened

• no f******g way are we gonna be relegated.

We may be, but we may win the FA Cup to compensate.

• Sponsored links:

• Just gutted don't know anything about the new signings but we have lost to my mind our best player in Yann and a steadily improving player Dale on top of that we let Alnwick go and kept the incredible sulk Hamer which seems mad. On the upside we have secured Wiggins which is good. Not feeling too bullish about the rest of the season to be fair relegation is a real possibility if CP doesn't manage to get the new boys bedded in properly of course that assuming he doesn't walk having had enough.

Don't care what anyone says these feel like dark times and no improvement on what has gone before. Where are the oligachs when you need them?
  • edited January 2014
    That is not my intention

My intention is not to allow the way the new owners percieve the best way forward for us as a club
    Not be given a chance to work

We are all in this together and anyone who walks away from it no longer matters

But let's not just post bye yann thanks so much

3oland you can f off

Etc without letting people know hang on there was more to it

I don't know if it will work I don't know if powell wants to work within it

I hope he does I hope he can

But things need to change and change they are and we may not like it at all
    But just because its differnt doesn't make it wrong

The alternative is what ?

That's just my point of view mate and its why I got so annoyed over the SD post
  • Fair enough NLA thats why we have the CL so everyone can give their opinion after all we can disagree but still have the club at heart. You are correct that we have to see what happens but somehow this doesn't feel right I hope (and I mean this) I am 100% wrong
  • I am pee'ed off that he has left - can I say that? I'm also sad in the same way but on a different scale that we have lost Stephens & Alnwick. Great that we have signed some replacements who look good on youtube clips - I really hope they work out & it will be interesting to see if they do.

Seems almost that those with an axe to grind against CP are enjoying seeing the team he built being dismantled, fairly obvious who these are on here. I cannot see how selling proven performers at this level in this league in this country & replacing them with unknowns/untested is anything but a huge gamble. I don't think the performance of YK, DS & BA are the reason we are in the bottom 3 - in an ideal world, which obviously this is not, I would like to have seen their contracts sorted out a long time ago & CP spending this transfer window building his team with his players.

I really cannot see much of a way out of this for CP - he will go sooner probably rather than later, especially if this team imposed on him struggles to assimilate to a death struggle at the wrong end of this table.
  • Because he loved us didn't he

He signed a contract that included an auto extension on the same money

Yet when that was about to trigger he said he was injured good job the pitch is fkd he wouldve been missing since xnmas

Interesting if true and thanks for sharing. Genuine question - do other players really get the ump in this situation? YK has been excellent and deserved an improved contract for this in my opinion. Do the other players not feel the same/understand Yann's point? They must surely unofficially acknowledge among themselves that he, Solly, Wiggins, perhaps Morrison should be rewarded? Or am I way off on how the politics of a squad works?
  • Feel slightly sick looking at those photos. So, so wrong.

I'm so hoping it ends up like being dumped by your gf then seeing a pic of her naked with another bloke!.........then finding out he's given her the clap :)
  • Stevo wanted to go and told us so

Powell told us that

I am more annoyed about alnwick
  • Sponsored links:

• He looks very dejected in that Bournemouth video.

Thanks for everything Yann.

• farewell Yann Kermorgant and all the best, except when playing against us .. you have to look after and put yourself first in this life, if a better deal is down the road .. go for it .. you were a good player for us even if you have been off the boil recently .. in your pomp you were pretty effective .. you will be missed
  • Oakster said:

I am pee'ed off that he has left - can I say that? I'm also sad in the same way but on a different scale that we have lost Stephens & Alnwick. Great that we have signed some replacements who look good on youtube clips - I really hope they work out & it will be interesting to see if they do.

Seems almost that those with an axe to grind against CP are enjoying seeing the team he built being dismantled, fairly obvious who these are on here. I cannot see how selling proven performers at this level in this league in this country & replacing them with unknowns/untested is anything but a huge gamble. I don't think the performance of YK, DS & BA are the reason we are in the bottom 3 - in an ideal world, which obviously this is not, I would like to have seen their contracts sorted out a long time ago & CP spending this transfer window building his team with his players.

I really cannot see much of a way out of this for CP - he will go sooner probably rather than later, especially if this team imposed on him struggles to assimilate to a death struggle at the wrong end of this table.

With you on this.

YK may have overplayed his negotiating hand and the Club has to draw a line but the stick Yann is getting is way out of proportion imho.

It seems we have swapped a bird in hand for two in the bush. It might work out for the better but it is a risk.

"in an ideal world, which obviously this is not, I would like to have seen their contracts sorted out a long time ago & CP spending this transfer window building his team with his players."

And there again is the root of the problem
  • we offered him a new deal to stay here till 2016 and he said no so f**k him

this, if it's true ;-)

We offered Yann one year. We tried offering a two year deal at last minute, on less wages.

Yann has to think of the security of his family. If RD/KM were willing to offer two years in the end, they should've offered two years at the start. Would've avoided this debacle.

Players come and go...we move on
  • edited January 2014
    hell hath no wrath greater than a scorned football fan
  • I'm gutted he has gone. Was brilliant for us.

Life goes on. All the best Yann, except when you play us! :)
  • Read today's Evening Standard folks!
  • Something to remember...Yann was one from the past, he isn't one for the future. He's an older player looking for that last paycheck before he has to retire. The signing of PP sounds really exciting, Reza sounds good too.
  • waldo said:

Read today's Evening Standard folks!

tell us more !!