Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Yann's Departure (Confirmed p14)

Comments

• You say it better than me
  • Money always comes before loyalty in football. He has a family to feed so no hard feelings there. I would imagine Powell is disappointed with this decision seeing as he tried hard to secure contracts for his players.
    Not my cup of tea.
    Anyway good luck to him.
  • It seems a long time ago now but when I started this thread I asked about the less obvious effect of Yann's departure on the morale of the rest of the squad and Chris Powell.

Any thoughts?
  • Thanks Yann, you brought some real excitement to our club and I wish you the best of luck with your new club.
  • Probably mentioned earlier, but even as a disliker of Powells football and results, i dont want to see him go like this - pushed out by someone who has no attachment to the club other than with his money - his position seems now untenable, and as a few people have said, likely he will leave sooner rather than later.
    Yann, good luck - and thanks.
  • edited January 2014
    LenGlover said:

It seems a long time ago now but when I started this thread I asked about the less obvious effect of Yann's departure on the morale of the rest of the squad and Chris Powell.

Any thoughts?

from what I have seen since Christmas especially, Kermorgant's heart has not looked to be in fully in 'it' .. we won at Huddersfield without him .. the players are all professionals .. there is no need to think that Kermorgant was especially pally with all (or indeed any of) the players .. Powell may be a bit disgruntled but he also is a professional .. they are away from the Valley and the turmoil there .. the away fans generally are very supportive .. I really do not think that Kermorgant's departure will impact too much .. a lot will depend of course on who is up front tomorrow and how they perform .. a Sordell hat trick and a Church double >>>>>> .. alas poor Kermorgant .. who was he ???!!!!
  • LenGlover said:

It seems a long time ago now but when I started this thread I asked about the less obvious effect of Yann's departure on the morale of the rest of the squad and Chris Powell.

Any thoughts?

Guess we'll know by this time tomorrow. I've know idea what to expect - can see us getting thumped 4-0 and looking thoroughly demoralised or getting a deserved win inspired by the new signings. I'm sure the players will be well aware, far more than we are, of what's been happening the last few days. I think their perception of Powell's status as manager will have more of an impact on morale than Yann's departure. I think footballers see players moving on as part and parcel of the business, but if they see that the man who gives them their orders on a Saturday has been completely undermined this week that could have a significant impact on their performance.
  • Just to add to that, we don't know that Powell has been undermined, although it looks that way for me on the outside. The reality inside the club is hopefully very different.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm sorry to see Yann go. When he came to us he needed nurturing after what happened at Leicester. He has got a lot to thank Powell and this club for. I hope his new club look after him as well as we did.

Apart from that he was possibly the most important player in the squad. We'll be lucky to survive relegation now (IMHO).
  • Because he loved us didn't he

He signed a contract that included an auto extension on the same money

Yet when that was about to trigger he said he was injured good job the pitch is fkd he wouldve been missing since xnmas

Im with NLA, dirty behaviour by Yann the Muppet, Scott Parkeresque IMO, legend? bollox is he, so glad we got rid!
  • edited January 2014
    Why would RD stop him playing in order to stop the automatic extension but then also offer him a 2 year deal?

Am going to try and stop posting on the YK thread now as am also hurting by his departure. Unquestionably he would have been an asset this season. I also feel he has tried to mugg us all off a bit at the end but im gonna try and forget that and remember the good days
  • 'Yann the muppet'. What are you on?

He gave his all for this club. Said himself that he knew that he was not part of the plans following the takeover.

He had to make the right decision for him and his family.

So sorry to see him go and those new young forwards would totally of benefited from training and playing next to Yann.

Big loss!!

• edited January 2014
    MrLargo said:

Just to add to that, we don't know that Powell has been undermined, although it looks that way for me on the outside. The reality inside the club is hopefully very different.

He has been. Massively.
    And kermorgant should not, in my opinion, be getting stick
  • Rob62 said:

MrLargo said:

Just to add to that, we don't know that Powell has been undermined, although it looks that way for me on the outside. The reality inside the club is hopefully very different.

He has been. Massively.
    The only reason he's getting stick is because someone on this board has posted the same unsubstantiated rumour about 40 times over the last couple of days. Abundantly clear from his interview after joining Bournemouth that he was gutted to have left Charlton.That's good enough for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ask rob if its not true
  • Ask rob if its not true

Who's Rob?
  • edited January 2014
    MrLargo said:

Rob62 said:

MrLargo said:

He has been. Massively.
    The only reason he's getting stick is because someone on this board has posted the same unsubstantiated rumour about 40 times over the last couple of days. Abundantly clear from his interview after joining Bournemouth that he was gutted to have left Charlton.That's good enough for me.
    He is gutted. That is certain. In fairness to NYA, there were some goings on with the automatic renewal, but I don't feel the same way about it. The guy was our best player. He wanted a two year contract, which will almost certainly be his last. He has a family to support.

Over the last year the previous owners of the club have lied to him about being offered a new deal, the manager who brought him in is in a incredibly precarious situation, and he has been offered reduced wages to stay on. He should be remembered for what he brought to the club, which was a great deal. Both the first team and the dressing room will suffer from this sale.
  • He chose to leave for his own personal reasons - no one forced him to go - he had a contract until the end of the season - with a further 12 month extension clause apparently either side could invoke if he played enough games this year.

So if he wanted to be here he could be but it seems he only wanted to be here on HIS terms. I understand that but it was still his decision to leave.

That does not make him a monster but neither can anyone complain about being gutted he had to leave because he DID NOT have to leave.

He simply chose a different path. I continue to wish him well.

• we still have three hours of the window left,we might get Simeon Jackson,all is not lost
  • Okay, that's all fine, but certainly doesn't justify the grief he's getting from some on here. He's no Scott Parker.
  • I have not once slagged him off in fact I have said the opposite with regards to his ability and up to that point his commitment to us
  • I have not once slagged him off in fact I have said the opposite with regards to his ability and up to that point his commitment to us

I know you haven't slagged him off, but there's a lot of people on here who have quoted your posts and said "well if that's what he's done then he can eff off" or words to that effect. He doesn't deserve that and if his profession was anything other than a footballer then most people would be applauding him for standing up to an employer that he clearly feels has badly let him down.
  • But he is a footballer and like grapevine said he didn't have to go

The main crux is that he was pissed off and lied to by the last owners

His actions after that are his own and I personally don't believe he covered himself in glory

However I also feel he shouldve stayed but he chose not to his choice he was not forced out a two year deal on the table from that point it was down to yann
  • Can I now call him Kermit?