Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What Has Happend To Polish Pete

Comments

• Options

Piotr will come good.

As will Reza just maybe not in this league. The fact Churchy is still starting games up top alone shows how poor our options are.

Or Powell wanted to play one up front away ftom home maybe?

Piotr will come good...at Sheffield Utd.
  • Options

Piotr will come good.

As will Reza just maybe not in this league. The fact Churchy is still starting games up top alone shows how poor our options are.

Or Powell wanted to play one up front away ftom home maybe?

Piotr will come good...at Sheffield Utd.
    Next season?
  • Options
    Polish Pete obviously isn't quite good enough for CP at the moment. Seen as CP has played football professionally and has various coaching badges I'm happy with his judgement of not playing him...so far.

We all want him to be the next rare goal scoring Charlton forward, like Darren bent, Andy hunt, super Clive...but unfortunately my head tells me it's going to be the next Chris Dickson who we pressurise the manager to play, until we have to see it for ourselves that he is not up to the required standard.

Hope I'm wrong, he's only young and might still be settling in.
  • Options
    There is clearly something wrong here when Church starts up front by himself, Tudgay comes on as sub in front of Reza, while Piotr and Sordell aren't even on the bench. That's an awful lot of wages and transfer fee not involved yesterday...
  • Options
    I do agree with the part about transfer fees and wages not involved Killer. But I would also ask, who would you want playing up front in a 451 away from home? Church all day for me. Not Reza. Not Sordell. Don't know enough about Tudgay yet.

It worked very well against Wednesday on Monday.
  • Options

I do agree with the part about transfer fees and wages not involved Killer. But I would also ask, who would you want playing up front in a 451 away from home? Church all day for me. Not Reza. Not Sordell. Don't know enough about Tudgay yet.

If we want a lone striker, running around continuously, then it's a very tiring role, and doing it twice a week would a lot to ask, so some rotation will be needed...
  • Options

If we want a lone striker, running around continuously, then it's a very tiring role, and doing it twice a week would a lot to ask, so some rotation will be needed...
    Yep, totally. And that method worked against Wednesday but failed against Leicester. He won't be able to keep playing it as, like you say, Church will be exhausted. And it didn't work anyway.
  • Options
    I'm very disappointed that piotr is not being given a chance when we are seriously in need of goals!! give him a chance powelly! smithy left coz of this reason he wanted first team football
  • Options
    PP is obviously injured or would have turned out for U21s. Did anyone see the last game? Koc played 45. How did he do?
  • Options
    Some serious squad rotation and balancing of the team will be needed over the next few months. Roland's team additions will need to be played. The proof of the pudding if they are up to the job will be evident on the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will piss poor pete be playing in the U21 game tomorrow?
  • Options
    Doubt it as he's off to Poland for an under 21 international
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Doubt it as he's off to Poland for an under 21 international

So he is fit for that then?

There must be an underlying reason that he hasn't been played, he could have a bad attitude at training or not turn up on time? He may be clumsy on the ball, or he may just be absolutely brilliant and not 100% fit so Powell doesn't want to risk him too soon as he is his secret weapon to win the FA cup and keep us up :-))!!
  • Options
    With the amount of games we have in a short period of time, he should be getting a game or two. If he doesn't there is something very wrong.
  • Options
    Possibly the fact that Powell did not see him kick a ball before he arrived at the training ground, does not rate him and wants to send him back to the conference standard dutch second division................or perhaps I am being unfair
  • Options
    He's only 20.
  • Options
    I'm confident that piotr and reza will eventually come good for us. Possibly even great for us. Reza has come so close to breaking his duck yet can't get a game. Piotr is still young but I just have This feeling he will be awesome for us.
  • Options

He's only 20.

...... and just three months older than Adebayo Azeez. Whilst we had all hoped that Parzyszek was going to be an instant hit, it appears, unfortunately, that he'll need time to get ready for the rigours of the Championship.

The QPR, Wednesday and Leicester games probably weren't the best opportunity to blood a raw youngster. I doubt the Cup game at Bramall Lane will be either.
  • Options

Piotr will come good.

Which shows two things, RD and his recruitement team are useless and/or they don't care for this season, only next. Can see he's a future man, RD that is, but by the time we have paid Petr's wages, kept him training etc for a few years we have spent near 1m on this kid.. embarrassing ordeal if he comes to nothing considering we sold Yann who was proven for less, 'old' or not.
  • Options
    Oh my Gawd. So much supposition on this thread it's ridiculous.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just hope it doesn't end up like this..

• Options

Oh my Gawd. So much supposition on this thread it's ridiculous.

Yes, I agree. I prefer the idea that CP just hasn't got a clue & will persist with Church up front on his own for ever more.

• Options
    The age excuse doesnt add up. There's been no issue with Poyet and Cousins and Fox made his debut in that big match at Wednesday so I don't think Powell's scared of playing a 20 year old.

I fear the bloke is probably just a bit crap. And if that's the case itll be a bit embarrassing in the context of Roly Poly's buy to make profit policy especially having flogged Smith and Kerm in the window.
  • Options
    No one deliberately spends £800k on a player who can't make it into the first team at the bottom of the championship... He could be 16 for all I care, at £800k he is supposed to be good enough now not in the future.

Please let's not have another player that gets away with being poor because he has "potential."

There must be an issue of ability or fitness (although if that was a problem would Poland u21 pick him?) possibly attitude but there is something quite worrying considering one or two players came in at around the same time as him and regularly make it into the team/bench.
  • Options
    I think you will see him more next season. I think Powell is making a point not playing Polish Pete, Nego, KOC etc. They were not Powell's choices and he tends to be more conservative and play the people he knows.
  • Options
    PP is simply not up to the rigours of Championship football at the moment. Too lightweight I've heard.
  • Options
    Powell gave an interview saying Piotr had been on our radar for sometime. Was he telling lies?
  • Options
    Toughening him up and putting muscle on he is a very talented lad I have heard yet he is not physically right yet to be thrown in, we will see him soon
  • Options
    As usual Grapevine nails it. I just don't have his patience to type such long posts.