Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What Has Happend To Polish Pete

12346»

Comments

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

This bloke sums up an awful lot what is wrong with the people who 'own' our club. They have not got a clue

I wonder what karel's spreadsheet says about Piotr now?
  • Options
    Scored for De Graafshap last night 90+1
  • Options

Would have been perfect for League One (Third Division !)
  • Options
    Godstone said:

Would have been perfect for League One (Third Division !)
    Should never have let him go. Another mistake by the club

• Options
    Every time I see the title of this thread I think "it's so nice that someone has shown genuine concern for him, like he's a lost little boy or something." At least he's found a home again.
  • Options
    Why didn't we send him on loan to a league 2 side rather than back abroad?
  • Options
    Style too different to that of the Emglish league?
  • Options
    Guess who scored Three times for De Graafschap on Friday .None other than Polish Pete.
  • Options

Guess who scored Three times for De Graafschap on Friday .None other than Polish Pete.

Shocking defending and poor goalkeeping.
    Cut him some credit, he's a striker, and he scored 3!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People seem to forget he is only 22 now, so being 20 and moving to the UK half way through the season would have been incredibly tough, and he was never given the chance to play in pre season or anything for us. He gets a lot of stick on here from a lot of people who realistically never saw him play more than those 5 minutes he was given. I know a couple of people watched him in reserve games and said he wasn't up to much then, but in all honesty I don't think he was ever given a proper go at it.
  • Options
    Well said.
  • Options

2 were penalties though. Doesn't matter if he gets 30 goals this season, it's still a pub league.
  • Options
    Will see him in person in afew weeks,do you want me to tell him its a pub league.
  • Options
    I eally don't get he animosity toward him. It's not his fault we paid what we did for him.

Hope things work out for him
  • Options
    Am glad that Piotr has recovered... Prior to signing for us he was linked with a dozen clubs, majority of them with better histories than us (Benfica / Dortmund / Aston Villa were three I remember)

What can be said is that yes they didnt sign him because they knew it wouldnt work out, yet we took the risk with him and by throwing him around various different Leagues pretty much ruined his development for a few seasons when I still believe that had he been sent to the lower leagues he could have had a career with us.

Thankfully he's got away from the Network and can hopefully he rebuild his career rather than it slowly spiralling down into nothing
  • Options

Am glad that Piotr has recovered... Prior to signing for us he was linked with a dozen clubs, majority of them with better histories than us (Benfica / Dortmund / Aston Villa were three I remember)

Only for ball boy duties though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reminds me of when we signed Yassin Moutouakill despite interest from Barcelona, Sporting Lisbon and Everton.
  • Options

Reminds me of when we signed Yassin Moutouakill despite interest from Barcelona, Sporting Lisbon and Everton.

Look where he ended up!
  • Options

From reserve games we were told that Pigott looked twice the player. We spent 800k on a player that we already had a better version of in our academy.

That they wanted to replace Yann with him was utter stupidity. Glad for Piotr that he seems to be finding his feet again in the Dutch leagues.

I think you might be hearing from Pigott's lawyers very soon.
  • Options

Will see him in person in afew weeks,do you want me to tell him its a pub league.

Yes please
  • Options
    RKC Waalwijk anyone.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

From reserve games we were told that Pigott looked twice the player. We spent 800k on a player that we already had a better version of in our academy.

That they wanted to replace Yann with him was utter stupidity. Glad for Piotr that he seems to be finding his feet again in the Dutch leagues.

I think you might be hearing from Pigott's lawyers very soon.
    Can 4th tier players afford lawyers? No win, no fee!!
  • Options

Don't worry, Katrien negotiated a buy back option.....
  • Options
    Scored again on Monday 5 goals 4 games.