Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When will Sheffield utd date and ko time be confirmed?? (ed. looking like 5.15 Sat)

Comments

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Not until the TV gods who run football decide whether we are the Saturday evening or Sunday lunch kick off.

It's one or the other I reckon.

Would you prefer to know it was Saturday 3pm, while turning the money down?
    Just as easy to pre-set the fixture date and time before our game with SWFC took place - they already knew the home team, and the away team was a choice between two struggling Championship clubs.

I don't buy all this "Sheffield derby" nonsense. All 4 games are on TV, and 2 of the TV slots were already fixed. We are either Sat tea-time or Sunday lunch, so it's much easier to decide before our game with SWFC.
  • Options
    Hull & Sunderland's practically a local derby, isn't it? :-)

Easier for them to play Sunday lunchtime - if fans are any kind of consideration.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Hull & Sunderland's practically a local derby, isn't it? :-)

Easier for them to play Sunday lunchtime - if fans are any kind of consideration.

Given Southampton's lunchtime trip to Sunderland we can safely say that they don't give a hoot about the fans.

I'll go either way but I'm firmly in the Saturday evening crowd, trains prices aren't as bad as I thought either.
  • Options
    Just out of interest you can not get a train from Hull to Sunderland that arrives before 12.30 on the Sunday, but it is only 137 miles.
  • Options
    Nor can you get a train from London to Sheffield that arrives before 12.30 on the Sunday,
  • Options
    Could well be wrong but looking at train times, if we're the saturday evening game, there's only 1 train (20.29) back to london after the game. I'm sure that can't be right, but it wouldn't surprise me.
  • Options
    so which slots are still open and when will it be decided when we're playing?
  • Options
    Saw chris parks at service station last night and he thought we would get confirmation today
  • Options

Could well be wrong but looking at train times, if we're the saturday evening game, there's only 1 train (20.29) back to london after the game. I'm sure that can't be right, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Trains at 1929 (direct), and 1948, 1958 and 2029 (all 1 change) should all be do-able for a 5pm kick off. Bramall Lane is only 1 mile from Sheffield station.

• Options
    Macronate said:

so which slots are still open and when will it be decided when we're playing?

Arsenal is 12.45 saturday. Man City is 4pm sunday.
    So the slots left are the saturday evening or sunday lunchtime.

Having said that BT Sport have shown cup games on friday and monday nights this season so who knows.........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A shame the trains to Sheffield are up the spout at the moment due to a landslip, even the direct trains on Sunday are 3 hours!
  • Options
    Hoping for Sunday as I work Saturday evenings and it'll be a pain to book off. Will beg to get it off if it comes to it though.
  • Options

Only slots available are Sat eve and Sun lunch.

And Friday Night / Monday Night

• Options
    Jodaius said:

Trains at 1929 (direct), and 1948, 1958 and 2029 (all 1 change) should all be do-able for a 5pm kick off. Bramall Lane is only 1 mile from Sheffield station.

No games are ever 5pm though, they're usually 5.30 so the 19.29, 48 and 58 would be a bit tight.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Just out of interest you can not get a train from Hull to Sunderland that arrives before 12.30 on the Sunday, but it is only 137 miles.

Most of them would go by Horse & Cart anyway.
  • Options
    Ideally, you'd put on a couple of special trains to relieve the pressure on the coaches, especially as you can walk to Bramall Lane from the station.
  • Options
    Friday night would be brilliant, would be the only time that weekend I could make it
  • Options

Ideally, you'd put on a couple of special trains to relieve the pressure on the coaches, especially as you can walk to Bramall Lane from the station.

Is that even possible at less than 2 weeks' notice?

In any case, I think the problem with the trains is engineering works and landslip-related issues, which would surely make a special train even harder to arrange.
  • Options
    Any idea of allocation at BL?
  • Options
    Jodaius said:

In any case, I think the problem with the trains is engineering works and landslip-related issues, which would surely make a special train even harder to arrange.
    Did it for the Boro replay.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    jamescafc said:

3000 or 5600
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Bottom tier 3k
    top and bottom 5,7k
    Aloud up to 15% capacity for cup games. Should mean both sections.
  • Options

Some people are obviously struggling to read.... so I will repeat....

There are two slots left for our game to be in:

Saturday 8th March at 5pm on BT Sport
    Sunday 9th March at 12.45pm on ITV.

It will be one of these. And it will be decided, I imagine, today or tomorrow.

• Options

Friday night would be brilliant, would be the only time that weekend I could make it

Same as mate... friday or monday will do
  • Options
    Jodaius said:

We set the Carlisle one up so that it could have been done at five days' notice. Sheffield is a more straightforward route, usually, but I agree that issues on the line might preclude it. Mick Everett knows all about ordering trains.
  • Options

Jodaius said:

We set the Carlisle one up so that it could have been done at five days' notice. Sheffield is a more straightforward route, usually, but I agree that issues on the line might preclude it. Mick Everett knows all about ordering trains.
    Airman would the club not already have a costing in place for the train could be one of four days but would imagine a lot of fans would go no matter what day it is
  • Options
    Sheff Utd and Charlton have matches on Tuesday evening so Saturday is a must. We have a rare fixture V Huddersfield
  • Options

Sheff Utd and Charlton have matches on Tuesday evening so Saturday is a must. We have a rare fixture V Huddersfield

Not being funny do man city not have champs league and they are playing Sunday pm

• Options

Surely this is the point. Neither Hull nor Sunderland have games on the following Tuesday, so it would logical for our QF to be on the Saturday (evening) and their game to be on the Sunday.
  • Options
    my daughter's bday on the Saturday so probably in the minority but I'd be doing cartwheels if we are Sunday lunchtime..
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!