Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When will Sheffield utd date and ko time be confirmed?? (ed. looking like 5.15 Sat)

Comments

• Options
    clb74 said:

Sheff Utd and Charlton have matches on Tuesday evening so Saturday is a must. We have a rare fixture V Huddersfield

Not being funny do man city not have champs league and they are playing Sunday pm

City are playing CL on wednesday
  • Options
    The media wont care about things like that... Us and Sheff Utd will have to move our game to Wednesday if we're played on the Sunday because what the media want... the media get - Either that or they'll question why we cant still play the Tuesday seeing we've just played two games on in quick succession

Barcelona v Man City is on the Wednesday following their FA Cup clash
  • Options
    Yep sorry just checked BBC website
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Sheff Utd and Charlton have matches on Tuesday evening so Saturday is a must. We have a rare fixture V Huddersfield

Not being funny do man city not have champs league and they are playing Sunday pm

You're wrong. But right about it not being funny.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

my daughter's bday on the Saturday so probably in the minority but I'd be doing cartwheels if we are Sunday lunchtime..

Mine as well on the saturday , she would've been mascot for the Watford game . And she has her party on the sunday ....
  • Options
    Hold on playing Sunday and they do have champs league
  • Options
    just had a text of a freind who has quite a reliable source that we will be the 5.15 on saturday and will be on bt sport
  • Options

Surely this is the point. Neither Hull nor Sunderland have games on the following Tuesday, so it would logical for our QF to be on the Saturday (evening) and their game to be on the Sunday.
    But we're not in the Premier League so nobody gives a toss what's logical or what suits us, hence we've just played on a Monday night.

I'm getting quite bored with the constant carping on here from people who think that the convenience of Charlton's players and supporters takes precedent over the more pressing needs of television companies, advertisers and the committed armchair fan. Quite frankly, if they decide to play the game at 2am on a Thursday morning then we should applaud them for making such a bold decision and giving the people of Nepal and Myanmar the opportunity to join in the the excitement, but no doubt we'll instead just get thread after thread of moaning and whining. When will you people learn - WE DO NOT MATTER.
  • Options
    Saturday evening preferable as jimmymelrose is over on Sunday with his wife and kids and we have a get together planned. Saying that if it's Sunday so be it, I'll still be there.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I didnt see your next comment in time. Sorry for being arsey. Sunday to Wednesday is same as Saturday to Tuesday. It would be fair but as someone mentioned above, what the media want, the media get.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

clb74 said:

I didnt see your next comment in time. Sorry for being arsey. Sunday to Wednesday is same as Saturday to Tuesday. It would be fair but as someone mentioned above, what the media want, the media get.
    Sorry again sonic
  • Options
    REALLY hoping for Sunday, expecting Saturday
  • Options
    I have a stag do in Hamburg so already trying to plan the flight back early.

I have been to Sheffield five times and have seen us win everytime, not missing this one!
  • Options

just had a text of a freind who has quite a reliable source that we will be the 5.15 on saturday and will be on bt sport

BT1 has Nurnberg v Werder Bremen at 17:30 and BT2 has Udinese v AC Milan at 17:00 on Saturday...

http://www.live-footballontv.com/

I guess ITV will have the Saturday matches and BT Sport will have the Sunday matches

• Options

BT1 has Nurnberg v Werder Bremen at 17:30 and BT2 has Udinese v AC Milan at 17:00 on Saturday...

http://www.live-footballontv.com/

I guess ITV will have the Saturday matches and BT Sport will have the Sunday matches

Just heard that too. Saturday 5.15/30 kick off.
  • Options
    3pm Saturday according to BBC.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

3pm Saturday according to BBC.

They put this in as a default. This will 100% definitely not be the kick off time.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Surely this is the point. Neither Hull nor Sunderland have games on the following Tuesday, so it would logical for our QF to be on the Saturday (evening) and their game to be on the Sunday.
    But we're not in the Premier League so nobody gives a toss what's logical or what suits us, hence we've just played on a Monday night.

So have premier league Hull.
  • Options
    Even if we are on at 3pm on the Saturday and sure Qatar will help us out... Have always felt they really deserve their chance hosting the World Cup
  • Options

MrLargo said:

So have premier league Hull.
    Ha, good point. Ok, I'll amend that to any club that isn't Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2014
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

I didnt see your next comment in time. Sorry for being arsey. Sunday to Wednesday is same as Saturday to Tuesday. It would be fair but as someone mentioned above, what the media want, the media get

Sorry again sonic

Blimey, just coz we're all happy, doesnt mean we can all be nice and apologetic to each other !
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Sorry again sonic
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Sorry again sonic
    Blimey, just coz we're all happy, doesnt mean we can all be nice and apologetic to each other !
  • Options
    plse be Sunday
  • Options

Saturday evening preferable as jimmymelrose is over on Sunday with his wife and kids and we have a get together planned. Saying that if it's Sunday so be it, I'll still be there.

If it's Sunday you can just watch it on TV at lunchtime with us - simple. You always say that you don't care about the FA Cup anyway.
  • Options
    it'll be the sat 5.15 game I reckon
  • Options

it'll be the sat 5.15 game I reckon

That seemed to be the conclusion we were coming to on here BUT if it's true that BT Sport have already got there Saturday evening slot fixed .......................
  • Options
    I am worried it will be either Friday or Monday night at 7:45pm.
  • Options
    Bt sport would dump a giantless serie a game for us, no doubt.
  • Options

I am worried it will be either Friday or Monday night at 7:45pm.

Unlikely to be monday as we both have tuesday night games already scheduled. Friday is a possible i guess. Sky have Chelsea v Spurs at 5.30 on the saturday so i can't imagine BT Sport really want to show us at the same time as that. Viewing figures will be about 500.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

If it's Sunday you can just watch it on TV at lunchtime with us - simple. You always say that you don't care about the FA Cup anyway.</</b>blockquote>

think you have that confused with the England team

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!