Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup Quarter Final | 5,298 Allocation | Sunday 9th March 2014 (10 year bump)

Comments

• Options

PL54 said:

iaitch said:

And to think two months ago we were 2-0 down at home to Oxford and looking pretty clueless and everyone wondering wtf am I doing here.

Let's see what Sunday brings but I will not be happy if players are played out of position, there isn't 100% effort and the tactics aren't positive
    so who would you play on the right
    Green.
    I don't like him but he is used to that position and it would benefit in terms of balance and shape when out of possession.
  • Options

PL54 said:

iaitch said:

And to think two months ago we were 2-0 down at home to Oxford and looking pretty clueless and everyone wondering wtf am I doing here.

Let's see what Sunday brings but I will not be happy if players are played out of position, there isn't 100% effort and the tactics aren't positive
    Tudgay
  • Options

PL54 said:

iaitch said:

Tudgay
    This, is this not why we have brought him in?
  • Options
    When was the last time we sold out a game away and won?
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited March 2014
    Orient?
    Brentford?
  • Options
    Would be brentford in the 0 1 BWP scored, only had 1800 tickets though
  • Options
    Genuinely surprised at the speed of this sellout.
  • Options
    I'm not counting those pony games.
  • Options
    Sunderland at Wembley
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited March 2014
    Well please specify that in your rules next time hun
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Impressive all round. I wonder if we would have sold out at home. Perhaps we'll find out!

Any idea when a potential replay would be ?
  • Options
    It's Monday 17th.
  • Options
    JT said:

Well be please specify that in your rules next time hun

Soz babes
  • Options
    Getting to a QF is rare for a club starved of success - not unreasonable that people who have been getting their teeth kicked in for a sustained period would like to enjoy a day in the sun! Not a great surprise to me we have sold out and we will sell out at Wembley too (if we make it there of course!)
  • Options
    shine166 said:

We can sell over 5,000 tickets for an away game 166 miles away but can't sell out at Millwall.

Millwall isn't in 6 days though is it ?
    When was the last time we sold out there? I highly doubt if Millwall gave us 5,000 tickets we'd sell them all.
  • Options

shine166 said:

We can sell over 5,000 tickets for an away game 166 miles away but can't sell out at Millwall.

When was the last time we sold out there? I highly doubt if Millwall gave us 5,000 tickets we'd sell them all.
    We took 3400 last season and this year have been allocated 3000, so have every chance of selling that out too.
  • Options

shine166 said:

probably because the team rarely turn up for Millwall so the fans aint so keen.
  • Options

CafcCrazy said:

Still undecided on this one. March is an expensive month for me and already done Wednesday and doing Millwall.

Wont decide until some point next weekend but If i do decide to go then I think i'll still get a ticket, I'm in no rush.

Good luck.
    Ooooops... Spare ticket thread for you me thinks :-|
    If I decide to go I still reckon I'd be able to get a ticket
  • Options

CafcCrazy said:

Still undecided on this one. March is an expensive month for me and already done Wednesday and doing Millwall.

Wont decide until some point next weekend but If i do decide to go then I think i'll still get a ticket, I'm in no rush.

Good luck.
    Ooooops... Spare ticket thread for you me thinks :-|
    If I decide to go I still reckon I'd be able to get a ticket
    Hopefully pal
  • Options

shine166 said:

Both of our last two visits to Millwall we sold out in next to no time...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

shine166 said:

When was the last time we sold out there?

Last season
  • Options

shine166 said:

Both of our last two visits to Millwall we sold out in next to no time...
    I didn't think we did completely sell out the additional allocation we got last time?? Or if we did it was only just.

We should always sell out there but you can't compare a league game to a cup quarter final.
  • Options
    Nothing much to add to this really as I have no smart answers to the problems mentioned earlier, so I'll just say that I think it's superb that we're fronting up - in a non-aggressive way of course - by selling out for this game despite the ridiculous obstacles put in our path. Really hope that everyone who wants a ticket gets one from somewhere and sympathies to anyone who's unable, especially those who have 'served their time'. From Queensland to Kunming to Bangkok to Chicago to SE7, whether at Bramall Lane or on the sofa with a hooky version of BT Sport, we are all in our different ways gloriously Charlton.

And so the trusty Mondeo (excellent cars these days by the way, for the other thread) has been valeted, tank filled up, dipstick waggled and tyres pumped, standing ready to make sure that our presence is not left hanging at 5,294. And when this season is done and dusted, however it turns out, I'll settle back in my old armchair, look back on Sunday 9 March 2014 with a glass of something in my hand, and say 'thank God I wasn't the poor bugger in Worthing who had to catch the 04.30 Valley Away.'

It's going to be a great day.
  • Options
    Every club struggles to sell out at Millwall, Brighton bang out the Jimmy Seed stand in no time but they only manage just over 2k at Millwall. Also see the likes of Boro taking 6/700 or so down there when they bring 1500 to The Valley. It's not the best away day is it, granted they make noise when they're up for it but nearest place to have a decent beer is London Bridge.
  • Options
    a remarkable response and surely testament to the wave of optimism that's accompanied the takeover .. make a nice change from the 300-600 that normally turn out ooop norf
  • Options
    getting the valley away from charlton at 7am...are people already on the coach when it arrives at charlton? and has anyone had and experiecnes of the valley away from anchor and hope lane
  • Options

barstool said:

Sunderland at Wembley

Did we sell out at wembley?
    If the Sunderland fans chanting 'You couldn't sell all your tickets' are to be believed, then no, we didn't.
  • Options
    From memory we did sell out, and had extra allocation
  • Options
    I always knew we would sell this fixture out and said so at the time. The wendys cant even sell out brammel lane so shows how big a club we really are. Hub caps grip filled on...Sheffield here we go...We will av a right old laugh up there don't you worry about that..