Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup Quarter Final | 5,298 Allocation | Sunday 9th March 2014 (10 year bump)

Comments

• Options
    4th row from the front id guess. Make sure yoi stand son. Don't surrender if you get abuse from behind ;-)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Thanks very much organiser, I really appreciate your request for people to stand, sod the poor old gits like me, who can't stand for the whole game, due to wear and tear. Shame I bothered to buy a ticket. Bloody hell I only been going to Charlton for over 55 years. With twits like you about I think this will be my last away game, thanks you inconsiderate git.

You make it even worse by encouraging people to stand at front, hope you get old one day.
  • Options
    im gonna stand. massive game like this quarter final anyone who wants to sit who is behind me ill happily swap seats
  • Options
    Cheers red army appreciate that, I got no objection to people standing (and the more noise we make the better), as long as the people who are still able bodied but can't stand the whole game are thought about, it just The Organiser (and no doubt others) encouraging people down the front to stand, with no thought of others.
  • Options
    i reckon everyone of the 5600 charlton fans going should stand imo would create an electric atmosphere and our own mini kop behind the goal no doubt others disagree
  • Options
    If only I could, I would. After Millwall away last year I couldn't move for two days, even suffered badly after Wednesday away recently, but that was my fault for over celebrating the second goal, at my age you would think I would know better, but sometime your brain forgets how old your body is.
  • Options
    haha lost in the moment!! will be a great spectacle if we could win on sunday 5600 charlton fans going mental !! charlton life will still probably be negative the next day ahha!!
  • Options
    Stand Sit Laugh Cry Shout Sing.....it don't really matter. Just being there that's what it's all about. You can touch the excitement in the air. Brilliant.
  • Options
    Potentially a few more could be available, but we won't know til Friday. Grab the extra 200 as soon as possible & we'll see what we can get.
  • Options

anyone know how the row numbers work in the lower tier ? im gangway c row d

Was going to ask the same I'm gangway b row s

Presume if it's somewhere near the back
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure the stewards will have a say in it all...
  • Options

You make it even worse by encouraging people to stand at front, hope you get old one day.

Everyone either gets old or dies, or both. Everyone was also a child and it's pretty hard for them to see if adults stand in front of them. If you can't imagine what it will be like to be old, you can probably remember what it was like to be little.

After that, it's just a question of whether you care. 'Don't surrender if you get abuse from behind' - can someone please explain this use of the word 'abuse.' I think you are just trying in some way to justify your selfishness and disrespect towards other fans.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Potentially a few more could be available, but we won't know til Friday. Grab the extra 200 as soon as possible & we'll see what we can get.

What do we want?

More tickets!

When do we want them ?

Before Sunday......

• Options

i had some right moany old fart telling me to sit down at blackburn for the freebie game and when i explained i couldn't see if i did because there were loads in front of me still standing even though i did ask em to sit down, the old git still had a dig at me (verbally) !!

luckily i'm placid (and can't fight) but when i come back in my next life i'm gonna bite his head off and shove it up his crinkly old arse

what is the solution , if the stewards wont enforce it ?

Surely the solution, when the majority will want to stand, will be for those that want to sit to head for the front of the section they are sitting in, and ask kindly if anyone who would want to stand will swap with them.
  • Options
    Can see both sides to this issue. Fully expecting to have my 9 year old standing on his chair and having to hold my 6 year old for 90 mins on Sunday.

Bring back terracing where you could go where you want and send the kids to the front. And the atmosphere was better.

Be easier if seats were not allocated, so those who can't stand can pitch up early and grab a seat at the front. But stewards can't police it I guess.
  • Options
    Here we go.................if you can't stand go to the front and politely ask someone to swap seats with you.
    If they're being a dick about it i'm sure others will let them know.
  • Options
    Out of interest, on the basis that the further back one goes the better the view, why should those that want to sit go down the front so that those that want to stand can?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The view sitting at the front will invariably be better than the one sitting towards the back if somebody is stood in front of you.
  • Options
    Folev the red, I totally agree with what you said, I got annoyed because the organiser wanted the people at the front to stand, thus preventing your obvious solution and it would have prevented oohaahmortimer from having to being reborn, it's not fun being young or old and attending sold out away matches and not being able to see anything, just a little thought and consideration should be applied.

The solution in my opinion for what's that worth, is for say the first 20 rows being reserved for the young and old and their friends, with the able bodied being assigned to the rear section. This only applies to sold out games as normally if someone want to stand in front of me, it much easier for me to move to a clear area. The solution could be self regulating amongst ourselves or the stewards / ticket office could arrange it, also think of the atmosphere this would generate. But there again I'm just an old fart, who deserves to have his head stuffed up his crinkly old arse, so my opinion dosen't count for anything :-).
  • Options
    I thought they were the unofficial rules. If you want to stand go to towards the back of the stand. If you perfer to sit go closer towards the front.

If the person behinds you asks you to sit down ask politely if you can swap seats and move back a row. No problem at loads of match. Except from Watford year before went someone said it was a crime to sit in different seats they've been allocated.
  • Options
    The problem is that some people will wanna sit in their allocated seat at the back and not stand
    The rules are the rules and standing is not permitted
    I wonder what the clubs with decent away followings all the time do or is it just a recurring argument for hem as well
  • Options

Do people think we will sell them all? I dont, i reckon 3k

Oops
  • Options
    edited March 2014

I thought they were the unofficial rules. If you want to stand go to towards the back of the stand. If you perfer to sit go closer towards the front.

If the person behinds you asks you to sit down ask politely if you can swap seats and move back a row. No problem at loads of match. Except from Watford year before went someone said it was a crime to sit in different seats they've been allocated.

People moving to the back to stand away from any allocated seat only works if there's a situation for example where we are 1000 strong in a section that holds significantly more (Sheff Wed). There I moved to the very back to stand because I could. With this game EVERY seat in the allocated stand has been sold - imagine the chaos with the last ones taking to the stand trying to find a seat if people are just sitting/standing randomly?

I prefer to stand but I would not even consider it if people behind me can't see - that's just common courtesy.

• Options
    bobmunro said:

People moving to the back to stand away from any allocated seat only works if there's a situation for example where we are 1000 strong in a section that holds significantly more (Sheff Wed). There I moved to the very back to stand because I could. With this game EVERY seat in the allocated stand has been sold - imagine the chaos with the last ones taking to the stand trying to find a seat if people are just sitting/standing randomly?

I prefer to stand but I would not even consider it if people behind me can't see - that's just common courtesy.

Most games are like that supply is less than demand so plenty of empty seats to choose from.
    When the more popular games comes around then its harder to do this but not impossible.
    Millwall, Swindon in play offs, leyton orient which were designated sit anywhere and wasn't an issue and they were all sell outs.

If your last to the stand wouldn't you just find the first available seat to watch the game in. Rather than going hunting for your own seat. ( ones again much easier when more seats than people)

I've not actually seen where I'm sitting on Sunday yet but will probably just go and pop myself in the back couple of rows and hopefully won't stop anyone from wanting to sit or not be next to an over passionate talking rubbish fan.
  • Options

There was a very, very ugly incident at Watford a few years ago regarding sitting/standing, very ugly.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

There was a very, very ugly incident at Watford a few years ago regarding sitting/standing, very ugly.
    It was that ugly it made the letters page of the Bexley Times, proper Charlton aggro!