Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup Quarter Final | 5,298 Allocation | Sunday 9th March 2014 (10 year bump)

Comments

• Options
    redcarter said:

Get up, stand up: stand up for your rights!
    Get up, stand up: don't give up the fight!

We're sick and tired of these sit down, stand up games,
    Trying to go to Sheffield in Lewis coach, yol
    We know what we understand,
    SIR CHRISSY POWELL IS A MIGHTY MAN :-)
    You can fool some people some time,
    But you can't fool all the people all the time
    And while his shooting hurts,
    We pray for Simon Church,
    get up......
  • Options

shine166 said:

Seriously, I cant believe people are moaning about maybe having to moan in 3 days. How about just letting the day happen, rather than moaning about every eventuallity which may not even happen ?

THIS.
    And This
  • Options
    I appreciate it's difficult for a small handful of older people and very small children if people are standing up but if you're a little kid you can stand on the seat. Personally I think this issue applies to only a small percentage - the overwhelming majority of people going will be capable of standing up if it comes to it for 90 minutes, even if they'd rather not.

It's not ideal and there's no easy solution in fact I'm not convinced there is a solution until proper allocated standing accommodation is brought back. But this is a big game, a huge away following (for us), a rare QF (for us), and a very very rare opportunity of a Wembley appearance (for us). You have to compromise in most things in life and if it doesn't work out perfectly for everyone they just need to try and grin and bear it, make the most of it and do their best to enjoy the atmosphere and make as much racket as possible to try and get us through.

Arguing and bickering between our own supporters is unpleasant and gets my spine tingling with fear about the thought of that Dagenham away game, our lowest ebb. Lets all try and pull in the same direction. As BDL says, "lets get behind the boys and make some noise!"
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Note to self: Leave an hour earlier than planned. Go straight to ground. Find seat. Adopt manic staring expression and shout 'BACK! BACK I SAY!' at any human beings who come within 50 yards of me.

You're in my seat, asshole.
  • Options
    ***BREAKING NEWS***

Scenes at Bramall Lane have taken a turn for the worst after cafc fans have been seen throwing thermal tea holders and tartan blankets at each other...

Sheffield Utd stewards have also started preparing guides for cafc fans which will look like the below...

Remember fans is your not standing your sitting and if your not sitting your standing...

Oh and don't worry yourselves to much we have everything covered with a new half way seat... Where you can do both.

Regards,

Sheffield Utd
  • Options

How did people over 50 cope when it was all terracing??

they sat on it..;)
  • Options

Exactly you oldies don’t realise how good you got it :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fucking trainspotters!
  • Options
    Sorry to go off topic (the topic being sitting down and standing up) but do we know if the drum has been allowed in?
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

Sorry to go off topic (the topic being sitting down and standing up) but do we know if the drum has been allowed in?

Apparantly not
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Crush barriers to lean on to take the weight off their feet or they went in the stand where seating was provided and EVERYBODY sat down. Doesn't affect me at present but if my old Dad was still here I'd be concerned for him.
  • Options
    I've decided to sit down for the match...

...on someones shoulders. Shoot me now!!!
  • Options
    Perfect Anthem for sunday

http://youtu.be/Ew7Zkkucos8
  • Options
    Stand up if you love charlton...
  • Options
    I would like to Apologise to The Organiser I missed his :-). And I wish to apologise to the rest of you for the standing / sitting debate that I have started, however I would like to say I was only referring to sell out games, normally there's no problem. Fulham was the first bad experience for me it was the first time I realised that I couldn't stand for a whole game, that realisation hurt more than my knees or hips, old age.

I'm in the upper row J so can all the rows in front please arrange to sit down, thanks :-) Please note the :-). Let's end this debate and get back to football.

I would like to think that the Fan Forum or trust could have a debate with the club at a more appropriate time to see if it is possible for the less mobile or height restricted people (hopefully that's PC enough) if a few rows could be reserved near the front, also it would get me on the tele :-).
  • Options
    :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    :-(
  • Options
    Should be easy enough to include a "munchkin" or "fucked" box in everyone's supporter details...
  • Options
    :-0
  • Options
    :-/
  • Options

Should be easy enough to include a "munchkin" or "fucked" box in everyone's supporter details...

Would there be an option for both?
  • Options
    On Sunday nearly everybody travelling will have been sitting for a good few hours, a lot, if not all of those people will have a greater desire to stand during the game because of this.
    I want to see the game, and it is unrealistic to tell serried ranks in front of me to sit down, so I will be obliged to stand, but I also don't want to block the view of anybody else.
    I can't see past a solution that goes beyond sit anywhere whatever your seat number, or it is very likely kids and the less robust will not see.
  • Options
    im 4th row from the front and gonna stand anyone in the very first row of lower haha?
  • Options

im 4th row from the front and gonna stand anyone in the very first row of lower haha?

What will you do if someone behind you asks you to sit down because they can't see?

• Options
    However harsh it sounds to the lesser abled and the youth, it's part and parcel of AWAY games, you know what you're going to get pre-match really. If your one of 200 travelling up to Yorkshire on a cold Tuesday night, you get the pick of seats and view, with a packed house, people making a weekend of it and wanting to get right into this match (it is our biggest in years, after all), people will be standing regardless. There's no real solution, c'est la vie.

The best set-up imho is something like Bristol Rovers away, terrace for the standing lot, right by the action and a little stand for those that want to sit. Obviously it's a very small ground, but it works well.