Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup Quarter Final | 5,298 Allocation | Sunday 9th March 2014 (10 year bump)

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Piping hot tea spilt?
    Tartan blanket trampled?
  • Options
    The horror :(
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Out of interest, on the basis that the further back one goes the better the view, why should those that want to sit go down the front so that those that want to stand can?

Are you serious? Everyone appreciates that the best solution to the issue is for those who want to sit, to move nearer the front, and that has been suggested to you politely.

Yet you still want to have a moan?
  • Options
    It's already started. Unbelievable.
  • Options
    There may be trouble ahead.
  • Options

Out of interest, on the basis that the further back one goes the better the view, why should those that want to sit go down the front so that those that want to stand can?

Are you serious? Everyone appreciates that the best solution to the issue is for those who want to sit, to move nearer the front, and that has been suggested to you politely.

Yet you still want to have a moan?
    You mean everyone that wants to stand appreciates this is the best solution?

As has been said already this works in a stand that has spare seats. Ignoring the rules and regulations, trying to find enough people that want to swap with similar sized parties and ensuring that all the fans can see is just not workable.

I don't expect everyone to sit, and I don't mind standing, but on an occasion like this one it is not very helpful being so dismissive of those that want (or need) to sit, and it is unfair to be advising others to refuse to sit down even if you are abused by the fan behind you - who can't see the game.

There is no provision for those that stand in all seater stadia so respect needs to be shown, and if it isn't then I predict that there will be an incident or two.
  • Options
    There really shouldn't be any incidents. I'm someone that prefers to stand, and if possible, I will. As has been suggested, in an ideal situation, those that wish to sit, or can only sit, would go to the front and those that wish to stand, go to the back. However, the person who wishes/has to sit is under no obligation to move, and it is their right to refuse to move. It may be easy to find a single seat down the front, but what if there is a family of four that have to relocate? It may not be possible for them to just move down the front, as the four spare seats may be dotted around. No incidents should arise from such cases, the person that wishes to stand should just sit unless the people behind them are also standing. It's not as if you MUST stand, but some people must sit.
  • Options
    Was there any problems with the 7000 that stood at fulham?
  • Options

Plenty of moaning both in the seats and on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Great atmosphere though.

• Options

The problem is that some people will wanna sit in their allocated seat at the back and not stand
    The rules are the rules and standing is not permitted
    I wonder what the clubs with decent away followings all the time do or is it just a recurring argument for hem as well

They all stand every week. I guess they don't have any young or old fans.

And to Kerry - my original post was followed by a ;-) which means I was joking, although of course, as always, it will be ab issue.

If I could not stand I would have just asked for a seat on the front row when booking the ticket, like I usually ask for obe at the back when I book.
  • Options
    Get up, stand up: stand up for your rights!
    Get up, stand up: don't give up the fight!
  • Options
    If people in front of me are standing then im standing. If people behind me tell me to siddarn they can tell the people in front of me to siddarn too.
  • Options
    SIDDARN
  • Options
    I'm taking a bottle of johnboyuk's brake fluid.
  • Options

Great atmosphere though.

I think Sunday could be completely different though. Against Fulham we were 'just happy to be there' and didn't expect to get anything from the game. I think we could see a completely different atmosphere if the game doesn't go according to plan on sunday. This is, possibly, the best chance of getting to an FA Cup Semi-Final that most of us will see in our lifetimes. With the Semi's being at Wembley, and as we are terribly unlikely to win the FA Cup, beating Sheff Utd could give us the biggest game the club will play in for the foreseeable future.

Basically we win and it will be a fantastic atmosphere, we lose and, well, not so much!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I really don't think this is a question of sitting otr standing - it's a question of safety and consideration.

I would much prefer it if all 5,498 Charlton fans stood for the 90 mins - but with the seat they have been allocated directly behind them.

With a full stand (no empty seats) how the hell would a family of four arriving a bit late find four seats together if their allocated seats are already taken by someone else? Just imagine the very last person entering the stand - on their own with no others they bought tickets with - that individual has to find the one seat unoccupied out of 5,498 - needle and haystack spring to mind.
  • Options
    Simply astonishing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

I really don't think this is a question of sitting otr standing - it's a question of safety and consideration.

I would much prefer it if all 5,498 Charlton fans stood for the 90 mins - but with the seat they have been allocated directly behind them.

With a full stand (no empty seats) how the hell would a family of four arriving a bit late find four seats together if their allocated seats are already taken by someone else? Just imagine the very last person entering the stand - on their own with no others they bought tickets with - that individual has to find the one seat unoccupied out of 5,498 - needle and haystack spring to mind.

Simple, they'll have to sit on that concourse the Blade told us about earlier.
  • Options
    What happens if we all sit down and you and up sitting behind someone really tall and cant see past them. How is that resolved
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

What happens if we all sit down and you and up sitting behind someone really tall and cant see past them. How is that resolved

Do you stand up in a cinema or a theatre when this happens?
  • Options
    I move seats but this wont be possible on Sunday
  • Options
    Shall we re-name this thread???

This is getting pathetic. Just see what happens and stop worrying.
  • Options
    There is a market for cafc periscopes.

**applies to dragons den**
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

I move seats but this wont be possible on Sunday

Really, you don't go to many sold out shows then :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Seriously, I cant believe people are moaning about maybe having to moan in 3 days. How about just letting the day happen, rather than moaning about every eventuallity which may not even occur ?
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Seriously, I cant believe people are moaning about maybe having to moan in 3 days. How about just letting the day happen, rather than moaning about every eventuallity which may not even happen ?

THIS.