Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup Quarter Final | 5,298 Allocation | Sunday 9th March 2014 (10 year bump)

Comments

• Options
    Honestly i hope most people stand, personally hate going to an away and sitting down. It just doesn't feel right, for me an away is about standing and singing for 90 minutes... Anyway i hope all those who can't sit down swap with people in a first few rows.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

im 4th row from the front and gonna stand anyone in the very first row of lower haha?

What will you do if someone behind you asks you to sit down because they can't see?

ill ask them if they wanna swap seats if they then kick up a fuss i dont see why
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I never understand the 'what about the kids' argument. I watch non-league regularly where there is usually the option to stand or sit and most kids stand and love it. Also all the kids who follow clubs away who stand every week - they also manage.
    When I was a kid the atmosphere was the best bit for me and I reckon that still stands (excuse the pun) now and that they love a standing/noisy environment.
    I'd also put the elderly in the same bracket as they all manage and choose to stand at non-league.
  • Options
    Anyone got a lower they wanna swap for an upper?

• Options
    RedChaser said:

How did people over 50 cope when it was all terracing??

Crush barriers to lean on to take the weight off their feet or they went in the stand where seating was provided and EVERYBODY sat down. Doesn't affect me at present but if my old Dad was still here I'd be concerned for him.
    On that old east terrace you could easily sit and still have a good view....though admitingly not in the 'old days' when we had crowds of 50-70k.
  • Options

seth plum said:

im 4th row from the front and gonna stand anyone in the very first row of lower haha?

What will you do if someone behind you asks you to sit down because they can't see?

ill ask them if they wanna swap seats if they then kick up a fuss i dont see why
    That is the right response in my view, no need to be tense about it, or assume there will be a 'fuss'. We all ought to help each other on this one.

• Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

That is the right response in my view, no need to be tense about it, or assume there will be a 'fuss'. We all ought to help each other on this one.

totally agree anyone who wants to sit near the front with their group ill happily swap with my group of 4
  • Options
    This is distressing me so much I might not go now.

Bigger issue is the 1000 balloons I am getting tomorrow - what colours will we playing in
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Bigger issue is the 1000 balloons I am getting tomorrow - what colours will we playing in

will you be sitting on the coach blowing them up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

PL54 said:

Only the first 200
  • Options
    How much is CWLC charging for the balloons to travel on the coach?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Only the first 200
    You should be able to do the lot with all that hot air after the night before :-0
  • Options
    PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Only the first 200

20 years of Kensitas have put a stop to me helping but there used to be a girl down the Pickwick who would have been very usefull.
  • Options
    Anyway, radio silence now as am taking the Mrs out for a tickle meal in advance payment for the weekend's absence.
  • Options
    If you went to one of our many Tuesday night matches in Yorkshire you would find a handful (50 -100 max), standing at the back and the rest choosing to sit. That tells me that of the hard core there is a sizeable majority who would sit through choice.

Personally I like to stand but wouldn't want to block the view of someone who wants to sit. I can't remember where it was now but there was one game when larger numbers of standers squeezed into the back rows than there were seating slots. It was ok apart from larger than normal bruising on the shins.

Have consideration for your fellow fans, crank up the atmosphere and enjoy the day.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Black shirts, white shorts, black socks
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

PL54 said:

Black shirts, white shorts, black socks
    Could be a good omen, we won the cup in black and white albeit colours reversed on the shirts and shorts :-)
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Nooooo! What about the environment? :-)
  • Options

I never understand the 'what about the kids' argument. I watch non-league regularly where there is usually the option to stand or sit and most kids stand and love it. Also all the kids who follow clubs away who stand every week - they also manage.
    When I was a kid the atmosphere was the best bit for me and I reckon that still stands (excuse the pun) now and that they love a standing/noisy environment.
    I'd also put the elderly in the same bracket as they all manage and choose to stand at non-league.

Agree with this. When I was little you couldnt keep me sat down at the football
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did we shift the extra 200 in the end of have we technically not sold out!
  • Options

Do people think we will sell them all? I dont, i reckon 3k

Pah!
  • Options
    Macronate said:

no way we'll sell out now.

utter bollocks.

Pah!
  • Options

cant see us selling out at that time

Pah!
  • Options

Reckon we'll be sending about 2k of that allocation back now

Pah!
  • Options

2500 max unless free travel but even then getting nowhere near selling out. Stitched up.

Pah!
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Sunday at 12 ? How are we supposed to get there for that?

Build it and they will come......
  • Options
    I was at Leicester last week and most Charlton fans were sitting...

Looking at my seat, it's at the back of the lower tier, so probably in the standing section!
  • Options
    weird conversation- are we going to the ballet on sunday or a massive fricking game of football?
  • Options

There really shouldn't be any incidents. I'm someone that prefers to stand, and if possible, I will. As has been suggested, in an ideal situation, those that wish to sit, or can only sit, would go to the front and those that wish to stand, go to the back. However, the person who wishes/has to sit is under no obligation to move, and it is their right to refuse to move. It may be easy to find a single seat down the front, but what if there is a family of four that have to relocate? It may not be possible for them to just move down the front, as the four spare seats may be dotted around. No incidents should arise from such cases, the person that wishes to stand should just sit unless the people behind them are also standing. It's not as if you MUST stand, but some people must sit.

great post, nail on head.