Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pub's for people that can't make 1/4 final

Comments

• Options
    Anyone watching it in sidcup/new eltham?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Yann897 said:

Curb_It said:

I'll be opposite in the star with quite a few other Charlton fans.

What time does the star open on Sunday ?
    Not sure to be honest just before kick off? Think You might be looking for somewhere a bit more raucous.

Haha you might be right to be fair , I would like to go to somewhere with a bit of an atmosphere but what with 5400k Charlton going up there and everyone spreading around the pubs can't see anywhere being that busy with charlton.
  • Options
    Ive gotta go to Charlton on Thursday so planning on popping into the Bugle whilst Im there to find out when they open Sunday... Will post on here when I know (Unless anyone already knows and want to save me a journey lol!)
  • Options
    They might open The Valley, and allow a few hundred people into one of the lounges to watch the game. For those who wanted a ticket but couldn't get one.
  • Options

They might open The Valley, and allow a few hundred people into one of the lounges to watch the game. For those who wanted a ticket but couldn't get one.

They dont have BT Sport @ the Valley... Already emailed to ask
  • Options
    Where do you live yann ? We can decide what's the best pub for you..
  • Options
    The only problem with posting the time pubs open is they might not tell you that they are opening early if it's against the law. Is it against the law to open at 11?
  • Options
    @superclive will let you know if i can thnk of anywhere decent .
  • Options
    Welling , think I might go bugle or hardys seems a few people going there atleast
  • Options
    I will be in Christchurch Dorset on Sunday. A bit of a long shot I know but is anyone on here local to that area?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

The only problem with posting the time pubs open is they might not tell you that they are opening early if it's against the law. Is it against the law to open at 11?

How can it be if Weatherspoons open at 8am ? Perhaps you need a licence ?
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

Welling , think I might go bugle or hardys seems a few people going there atleast

Plough in Welling now has BT Sport. Always had Sky and has now got an additional screen. Always some Charlton in there.
  • Options
    After a bit of advice. My 16 yr old nephew wants to come along to watch the game. Would he be allowed in hardys for a few lemonades and to watch the game?
  • Options

After a bit of advice. My 16 yr old nephew wants to come along to watch the game. Would he be allowed in hardys for a few lemonades and to watch the game?

Eh? Didn't we all go into pubs when we were 16 ? Didn't need to ask lol

• Options
    Curb_It said:

I'll be opposite in the star with quite a few other Charlton fans.

Sounds good we can all dance in the street after we've won ;) ,
    Ships good for watching football 8 big screen TVs and 2 behind the bar so you don't have to miss a thing of the match .
  • Options
    Poke it, i'm in love childs van.
  • Options
    Anyone recommend somewhere to watch the game Sidcup way that's kid (10 & 12) friendly? Cheers RRH
  • Options

Anyone recommend somewhere to watch the game Sidcup way that's kid (10 & 12) friendly? Cheers RRH

Charcoal burner will have it on, they will be open for a pre kick off pint as well.

• Options
    Anyone know for definate that Hardys is showing the game ? I checked pubs in Greenwich on SportBT pubfinder & Hardys isn't listed
  • Options
    I phoned them CharltonBob, they have got it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Just ask if you can sit inside and have a drink while you wait for them to open.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Just nipped into the Bugle in Charlton... they dont have BT Sport... the White Swan... Doesnt have a television

Edit... Just phoned the Rose of Denmark on Woolwich Road they will be showing the game but wont open till 12noon
  • Options
    Oddfellows in Dartford is showing it
  • Options

Charcoal burner will have it on, they will be open for a pre kick off pint as well.

Cheers Dave!
  • Options

Just nipped into the Bugle in Charlton... they dont have BT Sport... the White Swan... Doesnt have a television

Edit... Just phoned the Rose of Denmark on Woolwich Road they will be showing the game but wont open till 12noon

Could've sworn the Bugle had BT Sport.

Anyway, it's a long shot but anyone know if any pubs in SW London will be showing the game? Thankyouplease.

• Options
    I was in the Royal Oak before the darts the other day and they had all the BT Sports fixtures on a poster under the tv, so I'd assume they would have it on. Definitely check with them though.
  • Options
    Meridian Club and Royal Standard will also have it on, Bugle normally show BT games.
  • Options
    Looks like Hardys is the best shout then as I live in Westcombe Park. what time will they open? It looks like a place that encourages drinking at 9.30am on a sunday morning from the outside.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I know what you mean, cabbles. It would be a windowless pub if it weren't for the stained glass window with a sunrise proclaiming the word "Pub" on it. But it's actually a decent local's pub with good home made grub.

Not sure what time they'll open on Sunday though, but hopefully there'll be enough cafc enquiries to enable us to all get a round in before kick off.

The Mitre has just tweeted that they're showing it: "The Mitre ‏@MitreGreenwich 37m
    All you Charlton Athletic Football fans..... Sunday 9th March come to the Mitre @12 Noon BT1 Sport... Sheffield United V Charlton"