Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pub's for people that can't make 1/4 final

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:

Vincenzo said:

cabbles said:

Vincenzo said:

I know what you mean, cabbles. It would be a windowless pub if it weren't for the stained glass window with a sunrise proclaiming the word "Pub" on it. But it's actually a decent local's pub with good home made grub.

Not sure what time they'll open on Sunday though, but hopefully there'll be enough cafc enquiries to enable us to all get a round in before kick off.

The Mitre has just tweeted that they're showing it: "The Mitre ‏@MitreGreenwich 37m
    All you Charlton Athletic Football fans..... Sunday 9th March come to the Mitre @12 Noon BT1 Sport... Sheffield United V Charlton"

Okay thanks, The Mitre is also a good pub, so either will do. I just want to guarantee one of them opening before 12, so as to not be rushed. it's a massive game, i need to have no distractions and be in the right mindset
    We're certainly going to need you focussed and at the top of your game, cabbles.

Seriously though, that's my concern too. You don't want to bust into a pub the moment they open and have to get them sort out the TV channel and get you a round while the match is kicking off, with everyone trying to do the same thing.

It's one thing kicking off before the first train from London gets in, but surely they could have allowed a man a chance to get a pint, some pork scratching and a comfy seat before they start.
    My heart bleeds for you fans having to make a decision on which pub to go to for a relaxing pint, after a nice lay in and leisurely breakfast on Sunday. Spare a thought for the poor sods getting the coach at Bexhill 4.45 am, or those of us giving up their weekend in the advanced guard travelling up Saturday and then being herded like cattle after the game past 10 feet high metal barriers :-)

Fair play, RedChaser. An outstanding effort. Though if we win I know you wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    True and I know a lot of you guys would be there if you could but for certain you'll be there in spirit, remember though we won't be able to hear you shouting at the screen :0) COYRs
  • Options

We are happy to play the game and open from 11am on Sunday if we have interest?

Will definitely pop along and bring a couple of people if you do.
  • Options
    King William Hotel confirmed the game is on there as well, if there are hitches with Hardy's then this is the perfect back up.
  • Options

Where is this sorry?
  • Options

Where is this sorry?
    The Old Loyal Britons is a recently reopened pub close to the centre of Greenwich. As you approach the Cutty Sark (the ship, not the pub) from the Greenwich one-way system, past Waterstone's, Boots and M&S on your left, take a left turning in to Welland Street. The pub is a few hundred yards along here on the right.

• Options

Where is this sorry?
    The Old Loyal Britons is a recently reopened pub close to the centre of Greenwich. As you approach the Cutty Sark (the ship, not the pub) from the Greenwich one-way system, past Waterstone's, Boots and M&S on your left, take a left turning in to Welland Street. The pub is a few hundred yards along here on the right.

Cheers
  • Options
    Anyone in Dartford area, more than welcome to join me & DA1 at the greenhithe legion, opens at 11am, kids welcome, will sign people in or get chairmans pass if there's a few
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Vincenzo said:

cabbles said:

Vincenzo said:

I know what you mean, cabbles. It would be a windowless pub if it weren't for the stained glass window with a sunrise proclaiming the word "Pub" on it. But it's actually a decent local's pub with good home made grub.

Not sure what time they'll open on Sunday though, but hopefully there'll be enough cafc enquiries to enable us to all get a round in before kick off.

The Mitre has just tweeted that they're showing it: "The Mitre ‏@MitreGreenwich 37m
    All you Charlton Athletic Football fans..... Sunday 9th March come to the Mitre @12 Noon BT1 Sport... Sheffield United V Charlton"

Okay thanks, The Mitre is also a good pub, so either will do. I just want to guarantee one of them opening before 12, so as to not be rushed. it's a massive game, i need to have no distractions and be in the right mindset
    We're certainly going to need you focussed and at the top of your game, cabbles.

Seriously though, that's my concern too. You don't want to bust into a pub the moment they open and have to get them sort out the TV channel and get you a round while the match is kicking off, with everyone trying to do the same thing.

It's one thing kicking off before the first train from London gets in, but surely they could have allowed a man a chance to get a pint, some pork scratching and a comfy seat before they start.
    My heart bleeds for you fans having to make a decision on which pub to go to for a relaxing pint, after a nice lay in and leisurely breakfast on Sunday. Spare a thought for the poor sods getting the coach at Bexhill 4.45 am, or those of us giving up their weekend in the advanced guard travelling up Saturday and then being herded like cattle after the game past 10 feet high metal barriers :-)
    My dad and my uncle are going. i made my decision to spend money on the Leicester debacle as it was a new ground. My fear is as Vincenzo says, getting to a pub opening bang on 12pm. I need 10 minutes to get relaxed and ready. I'd love to be there in person and hope that everyone of the 5,200 odd get the result they deserve for making the efforts to go up there
  • Options
    Hardy's = Admiral Hardy's right?

I just phoned them to check they have it on, the woman who answered sounded quite vague and said "umm they *can* show it?" and that they open at 12noon on Sunday.. :s

Can everyone call and ask whether [suggest that] they will be opening early, maybe they'll do it with enough buzz?
    020 8858 6452 / info@admiralhardy.co.uk

Would rather find somewhere open before 12, what are the other options for Greenwich? There was a pub near to Greenwich mainline station that had a large projector screen but I have no idea on the name...?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Markive said:

I just phoned them to check they have it on, the woman who answered sounded quite vague and said "umm they *can* show it?" and that they open at 12noon on Sunday.. :s

Can everyone call and ask whether [suggest that] they will be opening early, maybe they'll do it with enough buzz?

Would rather find somewhere open before 12, what are the other options for Greenwich? There was a pub near to Greenwich mainline station that had a large projector screen but I have no idea on the name...?

Nope. Hardy's is a boozer in Maze Hill. Completely different fella.
  • Options
    Markive said:

As Red Murph says, Hardy's is in Trafalgar Road near the junction of Maze Hill - not to be confused with the Admiral Hardy, on the corner of Greenwich market.

The sporty pub you are thinking of next to Greenwich station is called Belushi's, and we have it on good authority that they will show the game. Also in central Greenwich, the Mitre, next to St Alfege's church, has tweeted to say they will be screening it. And the guvnor of the Old Loyal Britons in Thames Street (near the Cutty Sark ship), has said on this thread that he'll open at 11 and show the match, subject to demand.

• Options

Markive said:

As Red Murph says, Hardy's is in Trafalgar Road near the junction of Maze Hill - not to be confused with the Admiral Hardy, on the corner of Greenwich market.

The sporty pub you are thinking of next to Greenwich station is called Belushi's, and we have it on good authority that they will show the game. Also in central Greenwich, the Mitre, next to St Alfege's church, has tweeted to say they will be screening it. And the guvnor of the Old Loyal Britons in Thames Street (near the Cutty Sark ship), has said on this thread that he'll open at 11 and show the match, subject to demand.

I've just emailed Strasburger regarding the Old Loyal Britons. Would love to support a fellow Addick and it would be a great option. Just waiting to hear back from a couple of people that myself and CHG are going with, to see if they mind us swapping from The Hardy.

Strasburger, in case you've not seen my PM as yet. How many people would you need to make this viable sir? The fact you could open at 11 is very handy as well.
  • Options
    Strasbourg, are you open at 11 Sunday? Can guarantee 6 people there for 11
  • Options
    Yes we have the demand so will be opening at 11 on Sunday hope to show it via projector will update you all later
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    red_murph said:

Ah ha! Well that explains that then, thanks for the response as well @Viewfinder

I'm not really a local myself, but need to get to Stratford shortly after the game so a stop-off at pub somewhere near the DLR / Greenwich for the footie + lunch works nicely.

I'm game for providing allegiance to @Strasbourg & The Old Loyal Britons, would be myself and a +1. I may be able to work on a couple of others as well..
  • Options

Yes we have the demand so will be opening at 11 on Sunday hope to show it via projector will update you all later

Done, see you at 11
  • Options
    CHG said:

Done, see you at 11
    Seeing as I'm going with CHG, I'm 100% there :)

Markive, agree. Great to support a fellow Addick putting the game on.
  • Options
    Markive said:

red_murph said:

Ah ha! Well that explains that then, thanks for the response as well @Viewfinder

I'm not really a local myself, but need to get to Stratford shortly after the game so a stop-off at pub somewhere near the DLR / Greenwich for the footie + lunch works nicely.

I'm game for providing allegiance to @Strasbourg & The Old Loyal Britons, would be myself and a +1. I may be able to work on a couple of others as well..
    Markive - the Old Loyal Britons is about three minutes' walk to Cutty Sark DLR for your escape to Stratford after the game, but note there will be no service beyond Bow Church due to engineering works. Replacement buses - and the regular ones - shouldn't extend your journey time by much. Allow about 40 minutes and remember to change DLR trains at Canary Wharf.

• Options

Markive said:

Good info view.

Might drag the missus down to Greenwich on the basis that is supposed to be a nice sunny day. Imagine my surprise when the game appears on a massive projector screen! Or I could just watch it at home.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ah thanks again view... would have not remembered to check engineering works! Sundays on TFL eh?!

In that case, think i'll hop on that DLR to Canary Wharf and then take Jubilee line up to Stratford.
  • Options
    Also going to head to the old loyal britons if open at 11. Me and +1.
  • Options
    Bt sport is only £12 if you have sky. Might just do that
  • Options
    OK projector sorted out game ordered in HD via our internet stream.
    Open from 11am with our Sunday Lunch available (first come first served as we only do a limited amount) at £10.95 ahead and homemade pudding for £3.95
  • Options
    Earl of Chatham in Woolwich showing the match and opening at 11. Bullet proof vests optional.
  • Options
    Ill have the old royal britons too then. Can you fit us all in stras?
  • Options

OK projector sorted out game ordered in HD via our internet stream.
    Open from 11am with our Sunday Lunch available (first come first served as we only do a limited amount) at £10.95 ahead and homemade pudding for £3.95

Sounds cracking Strasburger. Allowed to wear colours?
  • Options

Ill have the old royal britons too then. Can you fit us all in stras?

Sure we can it's not the biggest bar in the world but we have had upwards of 100 in before and it was fine
    red_murph said:

Sounds cracking Strasburger. Allowed to wear colours?

Not a problem at all.
  • Options
    Golden Lion in SE26 is 'aving it !
  • Options
    Excellent There will be 3 or 4 of us. See you tomorrow at the old britons!