Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pub's for people that can't make 1/4 final

Comments

• Options
    We have Sky Sports but don't subscribe to BT Sport; does anyone know if you can purchase BT Sport from Sky on a match to match basis?
  • Options
    I doubt it very much. I imagine it's monthly.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

I know what you mean, cabbles. It would be a windowless pub if it weren't for the stained glass window with a sunrise proclaiming the word "Pub" on it. But it's actually a decent local's pub with good home made grub.

Not sure what time they'll open on Sunday though, but hopefully there'll be enough cafc enquiries to enable us to all get a round in before kick off.

The Mitre has just tweeted that they're showing it: "The Mitre ‏@MitreGreenwich 37m
    All you Charlton Athletic Football fans..... Sunday 9th March come to the Mitre @12 Noon BT1 Sport... Sheffield United V Charlton"

Okay thanks, The Mitre is also a good pub, so either will do. I just want to guarantee one of them opening before 12, so as to not be rushed. it's a massive game, i need to have no distractions and be in the right mindset
  • Options

Just nipped into the Bugle in Charlton... they dont have BT Sport... the White Swan... Doesnt have a television

Edit... Just phoned the Rose of Denmark on Woolwich Road they will be showing the game but wont open till 12noon

Apologies, but The Bugle does have BT Sport. I'm in there most home games watching it. 100%.
  • Options
    Looks like Hardy's in Greenwich is the one ... hopefully, not too rammed .
  • Options
    Albany at Albany Park has BT Sport
  • Options

Albany at Albany Park has BT Sport

See you in there
  • Options
    about 6.30, depending on result !
  • Options
    Did he ask what time you were allowed out to Afka?

Surprised by the Bugle but the last time I was in there they were only showing a BT game on the small telly to the left as you go in as a problem with the signal. That was about 3 weeks ago tho midweek.
  • Options
    We are happy to play the game and open from 11am on Sunday if we have interest?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Did he ask what time you were allowed out to Afka?

Surprised by the Bugle but the last time I was in there they were only showing a BT game on the small telly to the left as you go in as a problem with the signal. That was about 3 weeks ago tho midweek.

Big screen was showing the BT game (can't remember what it was) before our last home game v QPR as usual.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

• Options
    cabbles said:

Vincenzo said:

I know what you mean, cabbles. It would be a windowless pub if it weren't for the stained glass window with a sunrise proclaiming the word "Pub" on it. But it's actually a decent local's pub with good home made grub.

Not sure what time they'll open on Sunday though, but hopefully there'll be enough cafc enquiries to enable us to all get a round in before kick off.

The Mitre has just tweeted that they're showing it: "The Mitre ‏@MitreGreenwich 37m
    All you Charlton Athletic Football fans..... Sunday 9th March come to the Mitre @12 Noon BT1 Sport... Sheffield United V Charlton"

Okay thanks, The Mitre is also a good pub, so either will do. I just want to guarantee one of them opening before 12, so as to not be rushed. it's a massive game, i need to have no distractions and be in the right mindset
    That was the previous round.

• Options
    Riley's Bingo hall in Woolwich will be showing the game.
  • Options
    Any pubs in the Ayr/ Cumnock area!!!!!lol
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

Just nipped into the Bugle in Charlton... they dont have BT Sport... the White Swan... Doesnt have a television

Edit... Just phoned the Rose of Denmark on Woolwich Road they will be showing the game but wont open till 12noon

Could've sworn the Bugle had BT Sport.

Anyway, it's a long shot but anyone know if any pubs in SW London will be showing the game? Thankyouplease.

Better to invest in an hours' travel and head over to SE London.
  • Options

Who are We?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Who are We?
    The Old Loyal Briton's in Greenwich
  • Options
    Where abouts is that , is it a new pub ?
  • Options
    Flanagans Irish Pub, Vienna. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clancys for those who prefer up market.
  • Options
    CHG said:

I phoned them CharltonBob, they have got it.

Many Thanks CHG

• Options
    A word of warning, if you're relying on the BTSport finder & the other link that people posted to check on pubs with BT, check with the Pub itself. I checked both sites & both said Hardys had no BTsport & yet CHG phoned Hardys & they have. So don't know if you can rely on any info on those sites.
  • Options
    I got it from the BT Sport pub finder that the Rose of Denmark has it... I then phoned up and they confirmed they would be showing the game.

Again I did go into the Bugle and spoke with the owner who said they dont have it (which is strange as they'd be missing out on Business if they do) so is up to those if they wanna take the risk (the Bugle doesnt open till 12noon anyway) and its a slight walk to any other pubs so if it doesnt open then your gonna miss the first half pretty much
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

Where abouts is that , is it a new pub ?

Greenwich Town Center, 62 Thames Street
  • Options
    Buff, Green Street Green
  • Options
    THEMCA said:

Buff, Green Street Green

Remember that pub well as its where the Orpington Road Runners meet
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Vincenzo said:

We're certainly going to need you focussed and at the top of your game, cabbles.

Seriously though, that's my concern too. You don't want to bust into a pub the moment they open and have to get them sort out the TV channel and get you a round while the match is kicking off, with everyone trying to do the same thing.

It's one thing kicking off before the first train from London gets in, but surely they could have allowed a man a chance to get a pint, some pork scratching and a comfy seat before they start.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

cabbles said:

Vincenzo said:

We're certainly going to need you focussed and at the top of your game, cabbles.

Seriously though, that's my concern too. You don't want to bust into a pub the moment they open and have to get them sort out the TV channel and get you a round while the match is kicking off, with everyone trying to do the same thing.

It's one thing kicking off before the first train from London gets in, but surely they could have allowed a man a chance to get a pint, some pork scratching and a comfy seat before they start.
    My heart bleeds for you fans having to make a decision on which pub to go to for a relaxing pint, after a nice lay in and leisurely breakfast on Sunday. Spare a thought for the poor sods getting the coach at Bexhill 4.45 am, or those of us giving up their weekend in the advanced guard travelling up Saturday and then being herded like cattle after the game past 10 feet high metal barriers :-)
  • Options

PL54 said:

Who are We?
    The Old Loyal Briton's in Greenwich
    How's the pub going, feller? I haven't made it down yet as I find it hard to pass the Hare & Billet, but I like a bit of Hop Stuff.