Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diego Poyet's contract situation **DieGONE - Signs for West Ham)**

1939495969799»

Comments

• Options
    PL54 said:
    68 passes with only 1 considered key, team lost 2-0.

Number of passes doesn't really mean anything in football.
  • Options

I always thought Poyet was a good Championship player (as proved with us) , but that he might struggle in Prem due to his lack of pace - also proved.

To be fair he's not struggled in the Prem, he's just not been given much of a chance.

Still think he can get there in time but he could have played another 40-50 games by now had he stayed.
  • Options

PL54 said:

They could all be backwards or sidewards - which, for Poyet, is quite possible.
  • Options

PL54 said:

They could all be backwards or sidewards - which, for Poyet, is quite possible.
    I would say highly likely!
  • Options
    edited August 2015

I always thought Poyet was a good Championship player (as proved with us) , but that he might struggle in Prem due to his lack of pace - also proved.

A little early to say proved. Supported maybe, or more reasonably not tested, but to write-off a career in the space of one month seems more than a little hasty to me.
  • Options
    PL54 said:
    How many of them were forward passes I wonder.
  • Options
    Good luck to him. Hope his loan spell works out and sets his career back on track. Signed his first pro contract with Charlton so showed some loyalty IMO.
  • Options
    Weren't we linked with O'Hara at some point?
  • Options
    3 of the top 5 passers were MK Dons players, the others being a defender and Potter, who's a fairly defensive midfielder, which suggests lots of passes between themselves in their own half!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gotta love stats that are put out as a positive yet when you really look at what it's saying,

It shows that mk dons and Poyet in particular don't try to influence play but really bore you too a false over inflation of their quality
  • Options

I think he was ill advised in too much of a hurry to leave charlton As it didnt fit his profile any more,

He was without doubt a talented kid who when In the team played so well, I also believed he had the talent to go on to bigger and better things, I believed then as I do still now, that the only obstacle in Diegos way is Diego and his own ego, he has a bit of the Bostock about him and like Bostock he needs to drop a level to find himself

To be fair Bostock has not just found his level but found God too. If Diego reaches the same level of contentment not sure anyone could really call him a failure or that his ego has got the better of him:

https://christianleadersinstitute.org/united-kingdom/story-john-bostock
  • Options
    You say contented, I say delusional.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

You say contented, I say delusional.

I say contented, you say delusional
    Let's call the whole thing off
  • Options

I think he was ill advised in too much of a hurry to leave charlton As it didnt fit his profile any more,

He was without doubt a talented kid who when In the team played so well, I also believed he had the talent to go on to bigger and better things, I believed then as I do still now, that the only obstacle in Diegos way is Diego and his own ego, he has a bit of the Bostock about him and like Bostock he needs to drop a level to find himself

To be fair Bostock has not just found his level but found God too. If Diego reaches the same level of contentment not sure anyone could really call him a failure or that his ego has got the better of him:

https://christianleadersinstitute.org/united-kingdom/story-john-bostock
    He found God. That must have been a great pass.
    Jesus Navas does it every week.
  • Options
    Every time Diego Poyet sees the size of his salary and bank balance, he cries out "Jesus Christ"
  • Options
    Needs to improve his first touch imho ;-)