Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby - Charlton - Post match views

Comments

• Options
    Tuesday...all my troubles seemed so far away...now it looks as though they're here to stay
  • Options

Not read the match thread or anything, where was Ajdarevic? I'm sensing something unsavoury there

Flu or something like that.
    Cheers. The man's a walking illness/injury, not what we need in this crucial time.. Michael Owen could clock more minutes than he can.
    Since he's been with us, which hasn't been long he's clocked more playing time then Michael Owen in his last three seasons, give the guy a break, (well, not exactly a break but you know what I mean)
  • Options
    It's been apparent for several weeks that this season is probably going down to the wire. Nothing changed today. The crucial games lie before us.
  • Options
    Don't like the way our goal diff is going. We might need that as our "extra point".

Before today we were 12 better than Barnsley - now it is 6.
  • Options
    That third Derby goal really pissed me off. Strangely enough I would have been almost satisfied with a 2-0 defeat and improved second half performance from the boys.

Let's try and put this result behind us and move on to the next game.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Oh well...We move on to Tuesday where we play the first of our games in hand. I think Millwall and Yeovil have gone. Then it's one from three for the other spot. Birmingham are doing their best to get dragged into the mix
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    From the last 10:
    Us and Yeovil are averaging 1.1 points per game
    Mowaw are averaging 0.8
    Barnsley are averaging 1.3.

Project this over the remaining games and you have:
    Charlton 46 pts
    Barnsley 45-46 pts
    Yeovil 39-40 pts
    Muwuw 38-39

All skewed by todays results of course, and if we had drawn or Barnsley had we would have had a bit of a cushion.
  • Options

Oh well...We move on to Tuesday where we play the first of our games in hand

Bournemouth was the first.
  • Options
    Derby cruised it , we had a twenty minute spell at the beginning of 2nd half where we went for it a bit but as Mike mentioned Obika turning back into a defender when one on one was bizarre , he eventually got it to joe Pigott who had a good shot well saved
    Harriott looked reasonable when he came on
    Wiggins was the chuff wiggins and Reza on the left wing left Wilson exposed hence his substitution at ht
    Jacko had a mare for Derbys 2nd goal with a poor touch
    Petrucci had a couple of nice touches

Good luck to those going to Leeds , I'll pass on that

Thank goodness Blackburn scored in millwall time ...... And as for palace aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

35% Championship footy in SE7 next season 65% League One zzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options

21 posts before someone mentioned Powell in the post match thread, more than I expected TBF.

Does it count if it's Prague though, it's really a form of Tourette's
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not read the match thread or anything, where was Ajdarevic? I'm sensing something unsavoury there

Cheers. The man's a walking illness/injury, not what we need in this crucial time.. Michael Owen could clock more minutes than he can.
    lol you need a happy pill
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    redcarter said:

Tuesday...all my troubles seemed so far away...now it looks as though they're here to stay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS7CiL8MNb0
  • Options

Bit harsh considering he has had assists in the last 2 goals we scored.....

• Options
    Like Burnley, we were never going to get anything out of this but I firmly believe we should be starting such games with a more solid team. Starting with 3 strikers meant we were always going to concede most of the play against such a good side, especially away from home.

Still think we'll stay up but the continued lack of goals really is a worry. Since our only goals in the last 7 games have come from a defender and a defensive midfielder, maybe we should start the next game without any strikers or wingers :-)
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

21 posts before someone mentioned Powell in the post match thread, more than I expected TBF.

Does it count if it's Prague though, it's really a form of Tourette's
    http://www.goblinheart.com/Tourettes.html

• Options
    Disappointing result but not the end of the world. We are still in with a bigger shout than the others however. Bring on Leeds.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Bit harsh considering he has had assists in the last 2 goals we scored.....

He's a quality player don't get me wrong there, but he struggles incredibly getting 90 minutes, fitness of me after a few pints..

Not the worst day results wise, good teams will pick us off slowly but surely to scores like 3-0 when we bring no real attacking threat, anything and everything we are trying is not bringing us the goals we want, a big break and a new season required seemingly :-)
  • Options
    Derby away was a tall order to get anything and we didn't. We move on.
  • Options
    just seen the goals on Sky...........maybe a tad harsh on JJ for their 2nd as he was the only one attempting to go for the ball in our box whilst 4 or 5 of the rest of them stood looking at it and he got his head to it only ro divert it into the path of one of their players.

As for Millwall...............how they got their first pen I'll never know. Morisson pulled back their defender by the neck & HE gets the pen & the defender is sent off !!!
  • Options
    We must have now failed to score in around 50% of our games which is poor, to say the least. Offensive training drills must be a right bundle of joy!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We must have now failed to score in around 50% of our games which is poor, to say the least. Offensive training drills must be a right bundle of joy!

Think we might be in the market for a striker or two in the summer.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Oh well...We move on to Tuesday where we play the first of our games in hand

Bournemouth was the first.
    which looks like a great result now!
  • Options
    Derby came out of the blocks quickly and we really just got blown away. They're a good side and we couldn't afford to have many of our players off their game. Sadly in the first half at least Wiggins, Wood, Wilson, Sordell and Reza just weren't at it. Hamer made some good saves but they just cut through us at will. Poyet, Cousins and Jackson tried hard enough but couldn't cope with their midfield's movement. I haven't seen a better centre midfielder than Bryson this season and he was running things.

Once they scored the second I was fearful we would take a pasting but second half they took their foot off the pedal and we upped our game. If we'd have got a goal in the first 15 minutes of the second half it might have been a different story but once we didn't I knew they would get the third from just about their only attack in the second half.

Was always going to be tough anyway but had too many players subpar to make a decent fist of it.

We were noticeably better once Reza and Sordell came off. Pigott looks better with the ball on the ground. Dervite fits Riga's style far more than Wood.

Poyet took the game by the scruff of the neck for about 15 minutes but to no avail. I think he's quickly become too good for us. Petrucci looked neat when he came on and picked a few nice passes.

We need AA on the pitch to try and produce something. I think despite his fluff, Obika can score a few between now and the end of the season and can see us getting a good result at Leeds.
  • Options

Harriot needs to stop trying to be a gangsta and concentrate on football utterly heartless today two stupid mistakes cost us the game today

You mean this very poor decision making?
  • Options

He said on twitter he had flu!
  • Options
    We're doomed
  • Options
    I didn't go today but, after a decent first half against Burnley last week, Riga changed at half time to three up front with Obika and Reza on the wings which destroyed any shape we had and left the full backs exposed-it sounds like he made the curious decision to start with that idea today and the results were the same. Please don't do it against Leeds Jose.

Jury still very much out on him as well as the other RD imports.
  • Options
    Absolutely shambolic first half; totally imbalanced and disjointed. A bit of fight for 15 minutes in the second half but very little to shout about frankly. As for that 'Reza' character - he would be out of his depth standing in 2 inches of water!