Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby - Charlton - Post match views

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Piggy played well when he came om and would have won us a penalty had we had a better referee.
  • Options
    Ok fair enough we wern't really at the races for pretty much most of the first half but that Jacko chance at 0-0 when their keeper makes a good save. That might have unsettled Derby. But onwards and upwards I guess.
  • Options
    One bit I saw I yesterday at the end of the game which I didn't like...

While all the players came over and clapped the fans. Wiggins seem to head straight for the tunnel without even acknowledging the fans.

It was only when Riga grabbed him and pointed him to go over to the fans, when he reluctantly came over.

Maybe it was embarrassment on his part of his performance, but my estimation of him has gone right down.
    Any idea when his contracts up?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Seems to me that Powell and Riga take a similar view on the merits (or not) of our squad.

Where are the screeching voices berating Riga for not starting with Danny Green? It was a weekly occurrence under Powell!

Note: I think Danny Green is next to useless personally other than, occasionally, as an impact sub and wish we'd kept Wagstaff who, in a non scoring team, at least has a vague idea where the goal is!

Lets not forget Jacko who only played because he was one of Powell's favourites has started every game under Riga.
  • Options

While all the players came over and clapped the fans. Wiggins seem to head straight for the tunnel without even acknowledging the fans.

It was only when Riga grabbed him and pointed him to go over to the fans, when he reluctantly came over.

Maybe it was embarrassment on his part of his performance, but my estimation of him has gone right down.

He's just signed a brand new one.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    WSS said:

He's just signed a brand new one.
    Lol I forgot that to show sarcasm on the net you have to put the Wink Emotion :)

I hope he gets back to where he was, but his hardly got any competition for his place..

• Options
    Isn't Nego right back!
  • Options
    I have seen numerous posts criticising Danny Green on this forum perhaps many from repeating by the same group. Although I don't see him as the answer to all of our problems, I think that he is getting unjutified criticism. He is as good if not better than many who have worn the shirt in the last year or so. But then football is a game of differing opinions and this is mine,
  • Options
    We lose a game and we are getting relegated again, what a surprise. ;-)

I look forward to our regular one nil Tuesday night win so people will be more positive.
  • Options
    Awful first half caused by Riga's wrong formation and team selection.
    Better second half when we should have scored.
    Great saves but bad kicking from Hamer (mom), Wiggins awful again, the rest poor although Wilson always puts in a good shift.
    Looked lively when Piggott came on but that lasted about 5-10 minutes.
    Many pints of real ale :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

On reflection there were positives to take from the game. It was always going to be a hard a game away from home against a top of the table side playing with good form.

Passages of play showed an intention to play decent football and an ability to do so. JR was prepared to take action at a point were the game might have changed and deserves credit for this.

Piggott had a positive impact. It is too early to judge him on his first team appearances. I hope JR gives him some support and gets the best out of him. Likewise the bloke from Man United.

Could see enough there to feel we can get a result at Leeds, and to stay up.
  • Options
    Just read Bexleyheaths comment about Wiggins and to me the guy is a waste of space at Championship level . I don't understand why he got a new contract . Totally over rated player who is League 1 standard at best. Often loses the ball in crucial areas & the good overlapping runs that he made in the first number of games that he played are few & far between these days. Admittedly of course he was making these good runs against League 1 defences which is where his level is.Wilson gets a lot of stick but in my opinion is a far better player.
  • Options
    Poyet looks as though he needs to be rested. At 18 it's asking too much of him to play 2 full matches a week. Cousins can do the def-mid duties and Petrucci looks promising enough to play in front of him. Cousins will need a break some time as well.
  • Options

Poyet looks as though he needs to be rested. At 18 it's asking too much of him to play 2 full matches a week. Cousins can do the def-mid duties and Petrucci looks promising enough to play in front of him. Cousins will need a break some time as well.

Poyet in essence is very defensive, swapping for the likes of Petrucci would cause us to lose the ball a hell of a lot more, it's a big risk considering our team struggle to score goals regardless, and when we concede the first goal we know what happens from then on. But Diego will be very tired, someone like Gower would suit me for like for like, not that I'm against an attacking formation but it's a huge risk, teams could tear us apart
  • Options

Poyet in essence is very defensive, swapping for the likes of Petrucci would cause us to lose the ball a hell of a lot more, it's a big risk considering our team struggle to score goals regardless, and when we concede the first goal we know what happens from then on. But Diego will be very tired, someone like Gower would suit me for like for like, not that I'm against an attacking formation but it's a huge risk, teams could tear us apart
    I'd expect Cousins to revert to the defensive role he was playing before Poyet was brought in, when Stephens was playing further forward.

• Options
    Getting a result at Leeds will be massive - this was always going to be a bonus game but the worry is if we can't score we are going to struggle. We have to keep Millwall (shouldn't be too hard) Yeovil and Barnsley behind us. Wins against the latter two will go a long way towards deciding our fate. It is looking close though - especially with Barnsley having found some form. 3 winnable games on the bounce - how many points are we going to get from these? A massive question - 6 minimun hopefully (as long as we get something from Yeovil).
  • Options

Not sure Gower's old legs would be any more effective than Diego's tired ones sadly as I agree with you in principle.
  • Options
    Who was our no. 40 in the warm-up? I didn't recognise him.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Not sure Gower's old legs would be any more effective than Diego's tired ones sadly as I agree with you in principle.
    Nah definitely not, but the role if played with a cool head is very energy efficient, the rest of the team do the serious work. It's a shame to have some experienced in these situations not get close to the line-up, I rated him highly at Swansea. Old legs yep, but then so has Jackson, he's probably fitter than AA...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gower worth a place on the bench though maybe?
  • Options

In another 3 1/2 years time
  • Options

Don't understand why everyone is stressing so much. We were always going to lose this game, with both Powell and Riga managing the team. Derby away is the 3rd toughest fixture out of the 46! Plus winning away at forest is better than getting two draws out of these 3 away fixtures (forest, derby, Leeds), which I'm sure is more than most people expected us to get.

Keep the faith

So how do you explain defeats against Doncaster and the spanners, and draws with Yeovil and Barnsley.
  • Options

Gower worth a place on the bench though maybe?

As far as I'm aware, Gower is still injured.

• Options

LenGlover said:

Nah definitely not, but the role if played with a cool head is very energy efficient, the rest of the team do the serious work. It's a shame to have some experienced in these situations not get close to the line-up, I rated him highly at Swansea. Old legs yep, but then so has Jackson, he's probably fitter than AA...
    Jackson is 31 years old, a few weeks younger than (e.g.) Kevin Nolan (the W/Ham version) .. too many people have the idea that JJ is nearly pensionable age and should be treated like a valuable antique piece of furniture .. he is well capable of playing 2 games a week, especially as he's probably earning quite a few grand a week and is the club captain as well as one of (if not the) most consistently excellent CAFC players and has been for the past 3 seasons
    I dunno Lincs, I'm 32 and I'd struggle to play 90 mins a year.

• Options

Yohann Thuram-Ulien doesn't travel to Leeds - unhappy at not playing first-team games for #cafc http://t.co/FtjgXr1NMg

— Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) April 1, 2014