Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Bent

Fulham have left Darren Bent on the bench and given a 17 year old a debut in his place against Everton this afternoon. Oh what we could do with Darren back now instead of rotting in the reserves at Fulham, what a waste!

Comments

• Options
    Hate to say but you have to question his training and his attitude at the moment if U21 players are starting ahead of him in Dembele, Woodrow and Roberts

i.e. if he cant get a starting place ahead of them players then I wouldnt want him back as doesnt seem as though he's up for a fight to stay in the Premier League let alone the Championship
  • Options
    Why can't Fulham loan him to us if they don't want him? ;-)
  • Options
    Coz hes stil a villa player
  • Options

Why can't Fulham loan him to us if they don't want him? ;-)

He's on loan at Fulham!
  • Options
    Think this needs to be renamed 'The Whoosh Thread'.
  • Options
    A well connected friend of mine told me we were very close to signing him on loan 2 weeks ago.

Villa as his parent club were the stumbling block.
  • Options
    His premierleague future is over, he needs to accept that.

Stay in London, come back to Charlton!

Roland and co could bring him in and make him the highest paid player at the club!!!
  • Options
    A player who did well for us and fizzled out later on. Delayed Charltonisation?
  • Options
    I think it's since he got married, his form has not recovered
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I reckon he'll end up at QPR.
  • Options
    not Q P R harry does not rate him and is the loan window shut
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    In the summer after Chris Powell takes over...
  • Options
    we could with him
  • Options

A well connected friend of mine told me we were very close to signing him on loan 2 weeks ago.

Villa as his parent club were the stumbling block.

Couldn't happen. As the loan is between 2 Prem sides any movement would need to have happened before the closure of the main window.

After 31 Janauary the only team he could play for this season is Fulham. Might be worth a punt in the summer.

• Options
    But by then we will be up the creek...
  • Options
    Really weird decisions from Fulham yesterday, looks like they've given up on Prem survival and are trying out some of their young players ahead of relegation. The thing is though, Everton were really poor in the first half and Fulham had plenty of chances, including a free header from 5 yards out that Dembele nodded straight into Howard. Benty would have put at least one of those away and then it would have been a different result. They then replaced Dembele with another kid who has just turned 18 after they'd levelled and started to dominated the game. It was a totally bizarre game to watch, made worse by the fact Fulham fans seem to be mute. I left the stadium wondering if Fulham fans actually exist
  • Options
    was it dejagah? i thought dembele was at tottenham. The game was there for them to win though and they blew it, i knew fulham fans were mute from our fa cup match when you would not have been able to tell if they had scored from outside the stadium, but at least expected them to muster something for a game that could have been important for their season
  • Options
    They also have a player called moussa dembele, 17 year old French striker, whereas the dembele at Spurs is a Belgian midfielder
  • Options

I reckon he'll end up at QPR.

'Arrys wife is better than him ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addick90 said:

was it dejagah? i thought dembele was at tottenham. The game was there for them to win though and they blew it, i knew fulham fans were mute from our fa cup match when you would not have been able to tell if they had scored from outside the stadium, but at least expected them to muster something for a game that could have been important for their season

They had a decent go of it at one stage, incidentally when Reza's mate Dejagah came on and played a bit more direct, but they seemed to lose heart after 5-10 mins of sustained pressure and effort. It was bizarre. It was like an entire team was trying to get across what it is to be Danny Green
  • Options
    The state we're in upfront, is take Marcus right now.
  • Options
    Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert says his decision to let record signing Darren Bent leave the club was "nothing personal".

Lambert said: "I never stood in his way to go to any other club. The only clubs that came in for him were Championship clubs - not one Premier League club. That says a lot, so it was never personal."
  • Options

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert says his decision to let record signing Darren Bent leave the club was "nothing personal".

Lambert said: "I never stood in his way to go to any other club. The only clubs that came in for him were Championship clubs - not one Premier League club. That says a lot, so it was never personal."

Bitch, never liked the Scottish prick.
  • Options

How does anyone know he said any of that? I can never understand a single word he mumbles.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

How does anyone know he said any of that? I can never understand a single word he mumbles.
    Lol.... I thought it was just me! I watch MOTD every week and always find it quite difficult to understand what he says in post-match interviews.
  • Options
    Please don't score :confused: