Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Bent

Comments

• Options
    He can have a consolation goal just so we can cheer him. So a 3-1 win this time.
  • Options
    Is this the first time he's played us since?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

It must be, yes.
  • Options
    not the player he was... tal and jonno will have him in their sky rockets ...nothing to fear play offs here we come
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Yes as we've been plummeting down the leagues (now coming back) and he's been in the Premiership most of that time.
  • Options
    Right now Ince looks more dangerous .. Bent will start as Martin is still not fit .. Martin is the more dangerous of the two
  • Options
    Surprised how well he's done at derby as I thought he was a busted flush. Pleased for him. Hope he's shyte tomorrow though.
  • Options
    Sounds in his interview that Derby showing faith in him has given him a new lease of life and energy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    supaclive said:

Darren Bent was always going to be way too good for Championship. Given a run of first team games and support from fans, players and a manager playing to his strength, he's still a top half Premiership goalscorer.

What's even more baffling is the fact it's Aston Villa Nil who have loaned him out.

Have to be honest, I had my doubts if he still wanted it, or had the pace he once did but it seems he just needed someone to show him some love (and create some chances).

I don't want to hear about any Charlton fans clapping him tomorrow though - too cringeworthy.
  • Options

supaclive said:

Darren Bent was always going to be way too good for Championship. Given a run of first team games and support from fans, players and a manager playing to his strength, he's still a top half Premiership goalscorer.

What's even more baffling is the fact it's Aston Villa Nil who have loaned him out.

Have to be honest, I had my doubts if he still wanted it, or had the pace he once did but it seems he just needed someone to show him some love (and create some chances).

I don't want to hear about any Charlton fans clapping him tomorrow though - too cringeworthy.
    Not there but if I was he would get a clap pre match.
  • Options
    Not during the game !! ( unless down away end and surrounded by home firm)
  • Options
    I wonder if Tim Sherwood is checking the small print to try and get him back?
  • Options

supaclive said:

What if, he scores an OG?
  • Options
    Used to love Benty, defo my second favourite striker after Sir Clive. Possibly Benty was just a little short of top, top class but for a while back there he was scoring as many as anyone outside of Ronaldo and Rooney. Despite his goals for Derby, in a way I am glad that he hasn't come back, as second comings are rarely as good as the first, and he scored some crackers for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2015

Well I really hope we clap him in the 10th minute (his number) the 37th minute (goals) and 81st minute (appearances). If you don't the you obviously don't realise how good he was for us.

Don't forget the 92nd minute (number of times he was caught offside) 5th minute (number of times he hit the post) and 43rd minute (number of times he waved to the North stand). (:
  • Options
    Best centre forward we have ever had?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Redrobo said:

Best centre forward we have ever had?

Certainly one of them. Of the ones that I've seen play, I'd probably only have Hales and Mendonca ahead of him. That said, I'd say he was the most 'complete' centre forward and had pretty much everything.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    He's just ahead of Andy Hunt as the best CAFC centre forward I've seen, still gutted we only got a season and a half from him.
  • Options
    Up there with mendonca hunt and leaburn as my favourite forwards
  • Options
    Do we clap him for a minute 10 minutes into the game.
  • Options
    My top ten Strikers I have seen play for us. 1) Eddie Firmani, 2) Derek Hales, 3) Clive Mendonca, 4) Darren Bent, 5) Matt Tees, 6) Andy Hunt, 7) Paul Walsh, 8) King Arthur Horsfield, 9) Ray Treacy, 10) Alan Simonson.
  • Options
    Make it a dozen and add Paul Williams and David Whyte to that list.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

My top ten Strikers I have seen play for us. 1) Eddie Firmani, 2) Derek Hales, 3) Clive Mendonca, 4) Darren Bent, 5) Matt Tees, 6) Andy Hunt, 7) Paul Walsh, 8) King Arthur Horsfield, 9) Ray Treacy, 10) Alan Simonson.

That's pretty much how I see them over the last 50 years Dick. I might have put Killer ahead of Firmani, but you've got them all there. Be nice to see Igor and TWWW pushing their way into the charts.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    dickplumb said:

Surely League position has to be taken into account?

How many of these were in the top tier?

(I'm relatively young of a Charlton fan so didn't get to see most of these play!)