Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Bent

Comments

• Options
    1st April
  • Options
    If this was a) not April 1st and b) 2010 I'd be really excited about that.
  • Options
    My wife works with his Mum at Kier homes. She's always saying how much he loved it at charlton.
  • Options
    In a way that story isn't extreme enough to be an April Fool. Parker is near the end of his career, while Bent is on the decline as well, bearing in mind it's 10 years since we originally signed him!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Would love to see Darren back, not sure whether Scott can still cut the mustard, at the end of the day with the third smallest championship budget would doubt if we could afford the wages.
  • Options
    Again he scores,
  • Options
    Big big goal aswell.

Late equaliser v Brentford.
  • Options

Melrose was a season and a half, and without his 17 goals in 86/87 we would have sunk without a trace. Interesting that he never got a sniff of playing for the Scottish national team, yet a Scottish striker with those stats today would be the first name on the teamsheet.

This was in the top tier as well. Swop him for Horsefield who never excited me.
  • Options
    That was rather a good goal.
  • Options
    Yep what a screamer!! He's still got it that's for sure!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cracking volley.

Apart from that, this really is a shite referee. Soft penalty for Derby (linesman was closer & was never giving it) & then turning down one for Wolves at the other end. I thought it would have been soft too, but a damn sight more contact from Ince than what took him down for his one.

Good to see Wolves get a good one back there. 2-3 game on for last 10
  • Options
    Sounds like a good game...not convinced that getting Lambert in is such a good move for Wolves.
  • Options
    Well, he's not reduced to sleeping on park benches yet, but it sounds like Benty's got a real addiction problem.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38755777

(Spoiler for people who can't access BBC: Trainer addict Bent owns 'thousands' of pairs)

• Options
    Those Marty Mcfly nikes were 15k a pair
  • Options
    shine166 said:

He must have spent millions on unworn footware. I suppose it could be an investment for when he retires - he could open the Bent Trainer Museum.
  • Options
    Followed him on Twitter, for ages it's all he would post about.

Wish I had the money to spunk up the wall on trainers, have 41 pairs, but that's small fry
  • Options

shine166 said:

He must have spent millions on unworn footware. I suppose it could be an investment for when he retires - he could open the Bent Trainer Museum.
    They are a great investment for sure
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Wish I had the money to spunk up the wall on trainers, have 41 pairs, but that's small fry

41 pair of trainers?????? Wow, I have about 5 and that's with Astro and Runners included.
  • Options
    I've got 30 odd pairs of adidas trainers and my Mrs gets the hump whenever she sees me looking at getting new ones.

Darren's Mrs must be very understanding/easily silenced
  • Options

sam3110 said:

41 pair of trainers?????? Wow, I have about 5 and that's with Astro and Runners included.
    I've only got 3 pairs general wear, going out casual and gardening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I've got 30 odd pairs of adidas trainers and my Mrs gets the hump whenever she sees me looking at getting new ones.

Darren's Mrs must be very understanding/easily silenced

Or related to Imelda Marcos!
  • Options
    I've got over a hundred I guess. I was buying about 2-3 pairs a month at the peak.....but 50-60....wow!
  • Options
    I have one pair of trainers. And two pairs of shoes.
  • Options
    Depends on the trainers you're buying but they can be massive investments. Don't walk in to JD and buy every shoe you see but if you look in to it and find the release for limited shoes they resell for hundreds and sometimes thousands more than what retail was. As time goes on they obviously get more and more valuable depending on how limited they are etc.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

I've got over a hundred I guess. I was buying about 2-3 pairs a month at the peak.....but 50-60....wow!

Buy them to wear or to collect/invest ?
  • Options
    I have three pairs of SL80s and would buy more if I could
  • Options
    Roland ought to to have a read of this thread.

It's led me to have a count up of my footwear last night.

16 pairs of trainers
    4 pairs of timberlands
    4 pairs of shoes
  • Options
    And to think that CLB74 does not possess a pair of trousers.

Perhaps some of you guys can put off buying a pair next time you see something you fancy, then donate the money to him.