Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• They could play Derby in the playoff semis. That would bring back some bad memories.

I think it's highly unlikely the will face Derby in Semis.

Derby ain't finishing 3rd and Millwall are probably gonna finish 6th.

Sorry, yes you're right.

I think Millwall will get into the playoffs but I don't think they will win them.
  • edited April 2018

They could play Derby in the playoff semis. That would bring back some bad memories.

I think it's highly unlikely the will face Derby in Semis.

Derby ain't finishing 3rd and Millwall are probably gonna finish 6th.

Sorry, yes you're right.

I think Millwall will get into the playoffs but I don't think they will win them.
    In all my years avoiding the Nut 'n' Bolt gang, if they get into the playoffs, they will win. We all know that to be a truth.

So Palarse survive, Spanners up and RD decides that no-one is going for his £75m asking price, so he may as well stick around...

• Every team in the top six is better than them. Surely football isn't that cruel.

On paper probably yes, but that really doesn't matter. The team arriving at the play offs bang in form, will often go on and win them.

For example after being in the top 2 for what seems like ages, Cardiff seem to be derailing and could finish 3rd. Over 2 legs would you fancy them to beat Millwall who haven't lost for months? I wouldn't.
  • They will pick up 3 points in their last 4 games and finish 7th or 8th. An exciting season for them and massively over achieved but no cigar.

As for swapping a Palace relegation for a Millwall promotion.. despite hating Palace far more (I literally have known two Millwall fans my entire life, one barely and the other is - whisper it - a decent bloke who generally hates all their other fans!) a moneybags Palace riding to Championship glory next season whilst Millwall fill their pockets with gold in the PL and we waft along in the abyss of League One sounds about as bad as it could get.
  • Fair play to Harris for getting them up there. If they miss out on the playoffs I can see him getting a big job
  • Every team in the top six is better than them. Surely football isn't that cruel.

Wolves narrowly beat us at their place (they were fantastic for half hour or so) and drew 2-2 at ours.
    Cardiff has been two draws and two even games.
    Fulham beat us 1-0 with a penalty at their place in November. Play them at home next week.
    Villa we drew 0-0 at theirs, even game. Play them at home last game of the season.
    Derby tore us apart in 15 minutes in the first half at Pride Park. 0-0 at ours 5 weeks later.

P8, W0, D5, L3,

2 home games left to play to grab 2 wins.

They ain't that much better, but we're certainly underdogs against any of them.

At the moment, would want Cardiff or Derby and avoid Fulham!

• a guy on my fb generally a likeable guy apart from he supports "wall" just 2 of his latest posts.

a police car outside the pub at 1pm on a saturday only happens at wall, biggest small club in the world.

after tonight's win get the statue of harris built, what a time to be alive what a time to be a wall fan.
  • edited April 2018
    There was a full pager on Millwall in the Times on Monday, and it stated how Harris trains them to get the ball into the channels as quick as possible , so they don't eff about with passing through the midfield, and concentrate on hitting the front with route 1 as quick as poss, looking to win the 2nd and 3rd balls ...obviously effectively. It also stated that they have the 4th? lowest in the div in terms of possession, and the 2nd lowest in terms of something else ..maybe shots?

Sounds much like the Wimbledon team of Vinnie Jones,Fashanu etc.

Also sounds like they would monumentally stuff us while we are trying to play a thousand passes around and sideways through their midfield......and then losing it.
  • a guy on my fb generally a likeable guy apart from he supports "wall" just 2 of his latest posts.

a police car outside the pub at 1pm on a saturday only happens at wall, biggest small club in the world.

after tonight's win get the statue of harris built, what a time to be alive what a time to be a wall fan.

The word deluded springs to mind!!
  • edited April 2018
    If they go up the sky pundits whom constantly bang on about the noise at palace would get a fright.
    Think it was Redknapp who said selhurst was 'intimidating' for away sides - wait until you're presenting pitch side at the den pal.

That said, naturally, I'd love to see them lose all of their remaining games.
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

Howells said:

If they go up the sky pundits whom constantly bang on about the noise at palace would get a freight.
    Think it was Redknapp who said selhurst was 'intimidating' for away sides - wait until you're presenting pitch side at the den pal.

I don't.

I would much prefer they win all their remaining league games and the play-off semi-final, and then lose to a 98th minute own goal at Wembley.
    I'd much rather they didn't get to wembley again, also they get no chance of promotion. Lose every game for me!
  • I'd much rather it's in their own hands going into the last game, they need just a point to make the play offs, and they lose at home to Villa and finish 7th on goal difference.
  • edited April 2018

I'd much rather it's in their own hands going into the last game, they need just a point to make the play offs, and they lose at home to Villa and finish 7th on goal difference.

You can’t be serious that would mean aston villa would be pulling the lions tail
  • Half my family and friends are Millwall.

If these wankers go up I will never hear the end of it.

Curtains shut, phone turned off for weeks, the lot.
  • There was a full pager on Millwall in the Times on Monday, and it stated how Harris trains them to get the ball into the channels as quick as possible , so they don't eff about with passing through the midfield, and concentrate on hitting the front with route 1 as quick as poss, looking to win the 2nd and 3rd balls ...obviously effectively. It also stated that they have the 4th? lowest in the div in terms of possession, and the 2nd lowest in terms of something else ..maybe shots?

Also sounds like they would monumentally stuff us while we are trying to play a thousand passes around and sideways through their midfield......and then losing it.

Us & Cardiff.

http://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/11096/11317328/cardiff-and-millwall-how-they-have-upset-the-championship-odds-with-a-different-style
  • "Millwall promotion watch (confirmed page 203)"
  • The obligatory Spanner at work said to me this morning 'great that we are in the play offs', I replied 'it's not really, is it, who the fuck wants your lot in the Premier League'. (I didn't sound bitter or anything)
    Hes not been to the blue seat showroom for about 3 years. *Fucking turd.

*Actually he's a really sound bloke, but right now......a turd, a big old steaming grogan of a turd.
  • CAFCTrev said:

"Millwall promotion watch (confirmed page 203)"

We can move it back to Relegation Watch by that point as they'll be lording it in the prem
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

Howells said:

If they go up the sky pundits whom constantly bang on about the noise at palace would get a freight.

I don't.

I would much prefer they win all their remaining league games and the play-off semi-final, and then lose to a 98th minute own goal at Wembley.
    Can i also throw into the mix a cocaine and alcohol inspired melee involving 3,000 pikeys clad head to toe in in their favourite checked garments
  • Remaining fixtures:

Sheffield Utd (A)
    Fulham (H)
    Boro (A)
    Villa (H)

They could go without a win for the rest of the season...hopefully.
  • Remaining fixtures:

Sheffield Utd (A)
    Fulham (H)
    Boro (A)
    Villa (H)

They could go without a win for the rest of the season...hopefully.

Fingers Crossed.........
  • If there is a god, surely they couldn't let this happen?
  • There was a full pager on Millwall in the Times on Monday, and it stated how Harris trains them to get the ball into the channels as quick as possible , so they don't eff about with passing through the midfield, and concentrate on hitting the front with route 1 as quick as poss, looking to win the 2nd and 3rd balls ...obviously effectively. It also stated that they have the 4th? lowest in the div in terms of possession, and the 2nd lowest in terms of something else ..maybe shots?

Realised its the opposite to us, we take the longest route possible from back to front then look to go the quickest route from front to back then trip over the ducking ball.
  • I took a quick look using Wiki at their line-up today, and (some) recent previous clubs...

Archer : Spurs
    Romeo Gillingham
    Hutchinson Motherwell
    Cooper Reading
    Meredith York City and Sligo Rovers
    Wallace Portsmouth
    Morison we all know
    Savile Wolves
    Williams Sporting FIngal and Doneghal Utd
    Marshall Wolves
    Gregory Halifax and Stavely Mners Welfare
  • Holmes not even on the bench today.