Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• The fat mug deserves to have three points docked, they will still have a 4 point lead, you can not field ineligible players you need greater control in your administration, it is not a Mickey mouse offence, it is serious and unacceptable

• If that tweet is real and Vital Rotherham voted him the MOM, then it has to be a 3 point deduction at least.
  • edited April 2015
    Let's assume Rotherham get a 3 pt deduction eventually. If they have committed such a stupid and culpable blunder, they are lucky that the case has emerged so quickly, giving them a fair chance to compensate for the punishment.
  • Ideal world Rotherham and the fat tw*t Evans go down with Millwall, Wigan escape in their place
  • If I'm honest I think Rotherham should be docked points. I'll be gutted if it keeps Millwall up but winning a game with a non registered player is a no no.

I, also, have to agree. If it were us I'd be screaming for a points deduction.

However, there needs to some consistency. I would also suggest that Brighton will have a claim to have the points or, at least, a reply. It doesn't seem to matter too much right now but what would have happened if Brighton has ten points less? They would have a decent claim to have the game replayed as they would need the points.

I also think that the other clubs in the division could claim that the Blackpool, Millwall game should be replayed as if Blackpool hadn't played an ineligible player Millwall mightn't have won the three points.

It is a minefield and I am very confident that the football authorities don't want a points deduction to relegate a team. I believe that this is why West Ham avoided one in 2007. They look to be leaving it until as late as possible to be sure that they can tailor the punishment to the circumstances. If Rotherham go down, or finish more than three points above the third from bottom side they will deduct points, anything else and they will probably make it a fine.

I know that sounds cowardly but significant football outcomes should not be made behind closed doors in an office, and everyone recognises that.

Wigan must bean the Spanners tomorrow night now, and both sides will know it.
  • hopefully rotherham can beat fulham on wednesday
  • Middlesbrough were very controversially relegated from the PL after a 3 point deduction in 1996/97 (for not staging a fixture) so it has been done (they would have stayed up otherwise)
  • Sponsored links:

• 35 new posts, I knew something was up. F*cks sake!
  • Middlesbrough were very controversially relegated from the PL after a 3 point deduction in 1996/97 (for not staging a fixture) so it has been done (they would have stayed up otherwise)

That's true, but that decision was made in January, so even though it had an effect it didn't mean that relegation was confirmed in a press release. Middlesbrough were relegated at Leeds on the last day of the season in a game they drew. Had they won they would have stayed up (assuming all other results had stayed the same).

It is that reluctance to have a season outcome decided off the pitch that will, I believe, make all the difference.

I recall that. They cancelled the match because they didn't have enough players due to illness and injury. The FA (IIRC) made them forfeit the game and deducted them a further 3 points. But if they had played the game using cafeteria staff and lost 100-Nil they would have stayed up!

• surely they would appeal any points reduction after Blackpool were fined earlier this season, thus dragging it out into the close season and causing uncertainty over who will be playing where net season.

whilst I know Blackpool lost, I don't think the rule is set in stone that you lose any points gained??

unless those 3 points are irrelevant come the end of the season I can see a summer of appeals.
  • edited April 2015
    Rizzo said:

Middlesbrough were very controversially relegated from the PL after a 3 point deduction in 1996/97 (for not staging a fixture) so it has been done (they would have stayed up otherwise)

I recall that. They cancelled the match because they didn't have enough players due to illness and injury. The FA (IIRC) made them forfeit the game and deducted them a further 3 points. But if they had played the game using cafeteria staff and lost 100-Nil they would have stayed up!

The Cafeteria staff would be rubbish in the League,
    But Superb in the Cup.

• Rizzo said:

Middlesbrough were very controversially relegated from the PL after a 3 point deduction in 1996/97 (for not staging a fixture) so it has been done (they would have stayed up otherwise)

Were the cafeteria staff registered to play?
  • I suppose if Millwall go down after a few years they will come back with a bit of a spring in their step, all refreshed, and if were still in this division, they will beat us twice again.
    If they stay up narrowly again they will have higher costs, still not much money, a similar group of players, and may stagnate and get mouldy and struggle once again.
    I believe Rotherham ought to get the points docked, and then it's game on for the rest of this season, we're able (if we have any sense) to get planning now and look to improve, Millwall are a long way from starting on that bit of work.
  • Sky saying AFC Wimbledon got deducted 2 points last year for similar offence.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2015
    Talal said:

I think Rotherham should be awarded 3 extra points for not giving a shit.

We're so confident we're going to survive that we're throwing some of our points away!!

• So Millwall v Wigan Could be winner stays up.
    Earlier in the season,
    the only reason Blackpool were fined instead of getting points deducted was......
    They didn't have any points to be deducted !
  • So Millwall v Wigan Could be winner stays up.
    Earlier in the season,
    the only reason Blackpool were fined instead of getting points deducted was......
    They didn't have any points to be deducted !

teams can go into/start on minus points.
  • Gumbo said:

If only we had turned up and not bottled it on good friday this wouldnt be an issue to use

Has someone checked (rigorously) that Millwall didn't field any ineligible players against us? Now that really would be the cherry on top of the cake!
  • Deduct 7 points and put them level on points with Millwall. Give Millwall something to grasp at as they go down in the last minute of the last game on goal difference.
  • Everyone has already said what I wanted to say on the points deduction issue, have a good evening all.
  • bobmunro said:

Gumbo said:

If only we had turned up and not bottled it on good friday this wouldnt be an issue to use

Has someone checked (rigorously) that Millwall didn't field any ineligible players against us? Now that really would be the cherry on top of the cake!
    I'm sure Millwall had a couple of ringers. (Well they scored two goals !)
    The managers should have cards and walk up the line and make sure.
    It works most of the time in youth football other than some of the African boys who seem at least two years older.
    Victor Moses was the same height at 12, than he is now ?
    (i'm sure he had a Goatee)

• Blackpool were fined £30,000 for the same offence this season. Can't see why Rotherham would be any different. They have to be consistent. Sorry, Millwall.
  • Didn't Steve Evans used to be a regular guest on Noel's House Party going Blobby Blobby Blobby Blobby Blobby!