Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• The most satisfying end to the season will be if Millwall go down on goal difference after Rotherham have been deducted 3 points. Though hopefully things won't get that tight.
  • edited April 2015
    Rotherham are not playing on Saturday, as Reading are in the FA Cup semi final. The Millers' last three games are played over the final seven days of the season.

This means Millwall play twice before Rotherham play again.

(Games to play-points above relegation-goal difference)

Brighton 3 7 -7
    Fulham 3 7 -21
    Rotherham 3 5 -22
    ------
    Millwall 4 0 -30

Brighton:
    Wigan (A)
    Watford (H)
    Boro (A)

Fulham:
    Blackpool (A)
    Boro (H)
    Norwich (A)

Rotherham:
    Norwich (H)
    Reading (H)
    Leeds (A)

Millwall:
    Cardiff (A)
    Blackburn (A)
    Derby (H)
    Wolves (A)

• Rotherham are not playing on Saturday, as Reading are in the FA Cup semi final. The Millers' last three games are played over the final seven days of the season.

This means Millwall play twice before Rotherham play again.

(Games to play-points above relegation-goal difference)

Brighton 3 7 -7
    Fulham 3 7 -21
    Rotherham 3 5 -22
    ------
    Millwall 4 0 -30

Brighton:
    Wigan (A)
    Watford (H)
    Boro (A)

Fulham:
    Blackpool (A)
    Boro (H)
    Norwich (A)

Rotherham:
    Norwich (H)
    Reading (H)
    Leeds (A)

Millwall:
    Cardiff (A)
    Blackburn (A)
    Derby (H)
    Wolves (A)

Hmmmm, something tells me that Rotherham may be playing catch with our chums from down the road.
  • Perhaps the thing to hold on to is that they have only one game left to play at the Toolbox. So just the one game with the 12 vs 11 factor. (and I'm not talking about the crowd)
  • All leave for the Wolverhampton police has been cancelled on the 2nd May
  • Perhaps the thing to hold on to is that they have only one game left to play at the Toolbox. So just the one game with the 12 vs 11 factor. (and I'm not talking about the crowd)

They're actually better away I think. I'm not 100% sure but the fact they won their first home game against us since October means I reckon they prefer the road
  • It will not matter if Millwall do not win another game
  • cabbles said:

Perhaps the thing to hold on to is that they have only one game left to play at the Toolbox. So just the one game with the 12 vs 11 factor. (and I'm not talking about the crowd)

They're actually better away I think. I'm not 100% sure but the fact they won their first home game against us since October means I reckon they prefer the road
    At this stage in the season, the last thing you want as an official is to be handed a game at The Toolbox. The weak will make sure they facilitate the 'right' outcome.
  • Great point for the millers tonight I think. Can't wait for the wankfest to begin.

You're right, it had worked so well for us up until we played you at home.

Believe me, we've had some right Rennie's this season. Couple them with the dire nature of the football being served up and it's far from a 12 v 11 scenario.
  • Sponsored links:

Believe me, we've had some right Rennie's this season. Couple them with the dire nature of the football being served up and it's far from a 12 v 11 scenario.
    The conspiracy theories on here are hilarious. The revelation that we are also the 'jammiest' club in the country is news to me too!

I think back to those instances like the Wigan hand ball goal at Wembley or Stern John's last minute winner and realise just how jammy we really are as a club.

I mean, those countless years in the premier league, the wonderful home record we possess, the numerous penalties given in front of the cold blow lane....all facilitated by generous and weak referee's, we really should be grateful for how lucky we are.

It seems the pressure of Millwall somehow managing to stay up (we won't) is making a few people on here crack up.
  • You've forgotten to mention " Millwall time "
    No club in the history of the game nets a filthy, flukey late goal as much as the scum!

The conspiracy theories on here are hilarious. The revelation that we are also the 'jammiest' club in the country is news to me too!

I think back to those instances like the Wigan hand ball goal at Wembley or Stern John's last minute winner and realise just how jammy we really are as a club.

I mean, those countless years in the premier league, the wonderful home record we possess, the numerous penalties given in front of the cold blow lane....all facilitated by generous and weak referee's, we really should be grateful for how lucky we are.

It seems the pressure of Millwall somehow managing to stay up (we won't) is making a few people on here crack up.
    SLL, if Rotherham get deducted 3 , do you still think you're going down?

No one genuinely believes there is a conspiracy theory or darker magic working in your favour. I can only speak for myself but because we lost for the billionth time against you and it was only a few weeks ago, I would imagine that is why this thread is getting so much attention.

No one is cracking up, we just want to see you down in as much you would want to see us down.

Because you have a good chance of going down and our season's over, I think people will continue to get excited about the prospect of it and, conversely, disappointed if you stay up
  • You've forgotten to mention " Millwall time "
    No club in the history of the game nets a filthy, flukey late goal as much as the scum!

Link?

• Ahhh, isn't mid-table nothing-to-play-for sweet sometimes ?!

They're alright on here, if a bit excitable at times, much like we would be if they were as shit as we are (against the rest of the league, not on a head to head basis) and were facing possible/certain relegation.

I'll see your Paul Rogers goal, assisted by an Andy Liddell handball in the build up, and raise you the goal scored by Sheffield Wednesday when 6 of our players were off the pitch.
  • If Rotherham are docked 3 points and not fined, should Millwall be docked the 3 they won when Blackpool were fined for fielding an illegible player?
  • It would be nice to actually have the opportunity to get excited by our own team achieving something during a season, rather than obsessed with other teams failing. *sigh*
  • edited April 2015
    Duplicate
  • Sponsored links:

• Looking at those remaining fixtures, I'd still be worried if I was Brighton or Fulham - away to Wigan and Blackpool respectively this weekend, looks like their last realistic chance to pick up points, if they fail then they're completely reliant on what the sides below them do.
  • They could stay up, or they could go down it wouldn't matter.
    Millwall have never and will never achieve anything of note.
    (getting smashed in a cup final doesn't count)

But anyway, no one likes them, meeehhhhh.

• Jarman said:

They could stay up, or they could go down it wouldn't matter.
    Millwall have never and will never achieve anything of note.
    (getting smashed in a cup final doesn't count)

But anyway, no one likes them, meeehhhhh.

Oooo, you little tease, you!!

• wouldn't rule Wigan out just yet - two winnable home games and then away to a Brentford side last game who will be gutted at missing out on even the play-off's. although admittedly the three wins they need is probably too much.
  • The Pink Panther Staring:
    Charlton Athletic Fans as Commissioner Dreyfus.
    Millwall fans as Inspector Clouseau.

• boggzy said:

It would be nice to actually have the opportunity to get excited by our own team achieving something during a season, rather than obsessed with other teams failing. *sigh*

It would be, but it's better than nothing.
  • Talal said:

boggzy said:

It would be nice to actually have the opportunity to get excited by our own team achieving something during a season, rather than obsessed with other teams failing. *sigh*

It would be, but it's better than nothing.
    It's much better than that!
  • edited April 2015

Perhaps the thing to hold on to is that they have only one game left to play at the Toolbox. So just the one game with the 12 vs 11 factor. (and I'm not talking about the crowd)

They're alright on here, if a bit excitable at times, much like we would be if they were as shit as we are (against the rest of the league, not on a head to head basis) and were facing possible/certain relegation.

I'll see your Paul Rogers goal, assisted by an Andy Liddell handball in the build up, and raise you the goal scored by Sheffield Wednesday when 6 of our players were off the pitch.
    We're so obsessed by them that we force them to come on our boards to have conversations we aren't interested in. What's the matter, are the guys on your own boards too busy banging rocks together at the moment?
  • Cant see Millwall beating Wolves if the latter are still in with a shout of the PlayOffs; we'll be fine, the scum are down