Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• Derby won't win at the Toolbox. They have started bottling it for a few weeks. A load of spanners excited at their good fortune will be too much for them and they will roll over.

Norwich will do Rotherham who will be especially deflated tomorrow.

The key game is Rotheram v Reading.

Derby have actually improved over the last few weeks
    they went 6 games without a win but are now on a run of 5 games without a defeat scoring 13 goals in them 5 games 8 in the last 2
  • So, assuming Rotherham don't pick up another point, Millwall still have to beat Derby at home or Wolves away or draw both games. Millwall would have to bridge a 10 goal difference for any other outcome and even if Rotherham lost all three games that is unlikely to happen especially as it would probably have to be 11 goals as they have also scored 6 more.

If Rotherham pick up just one point from their three matches then Millwall must win one of those two games.

And if Rotherham win just one of their three games Millwall are down unless they win both of their matches.

All of this also doesn't take into account Wigan beating Wolves at home or Brentford away which might be enough to leapfrog both Rotherham and Millwall.

That is why Millwall are still a best priced 1/7 to go down.

Or, put another way, how many of you would be prepared to risk £70 to win £10, £700 to win £100 or even £7,000 to win just £1,000 on them being relegated.

I know I wouldn't.
  • Bloody northerners.

I guess the worry is that Millwall's players will be motivated and Rotherhams demotivated, you can just see it happening.
  • Wigan home to Wolves tomorrow and away to Brentford Final game - they might have a say too.
  • even IF Millwall overhaul Rotherham they still have Wigan to contend with now, quite feasible both Millwall and Rotherham will be relegated
  • Rotherham have made it clear that they will appeal the decision, this could all drag out.
  • Darren Bent to put a another nail in the coffin for us charlton fans .to help send Millwall down.
  • sammy391 said:

Rotherham have made it clear that they will appeal the decision, this could all drag out.

Wonder why they would bother.
    It's pretty apt punishment for fielding an illegible player. they need to #moveon
  • I would heavily back Derby tomorrow.

What's stopping you?

I'll be loading up on them for definite.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've laid the scum going down at 1.15 on betfair
    Breaking my own self imposed betting ban
    It's the only thing I can do to help em go down
  • Jarman said:

sammy391 said:

Rotherham have made it clear that they will appeal the decision, this could all drag out.

It's pretty apt punishment for fielding an illegible player. they need to #moveon
    understandable tho
    Sunderland last year just got a fine

What's stopping you?

I doubt the odds will be too generous
  • Jarman said:

sammy391 said:

understandable tho
    Different governing bodies.

A precedent had already been set with AFC Wimbledon.

No such precedent had been set in the Premier League.

• Jarman said:

sammy391 said:

Worth a try, basically.
  • Jarman said:

sammy391 said:

understandable tho

how about Bristol Rovers then Wycombe should have faced a points deduction last season that would have relegated them instead but just got a fine
  • So then,should Brighton now get the points? Basically,the league are now saying that no game took place as neither side gained points. Therefore at the end of the season both Rotherham and Brighton would've only played 45 games ;)
  • Greenie said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

IdleHans said:

I am far more annoyed by the two late goals we gave them. Those will be the points that keep them up.

Yes that's a better way to look at it. Or Tucudean not burying that chance, they would have 2pts less.
    1 point
    they only got 1 point for that draw at The Valley lol
    :blush: so they did.

You got owned!! ;o)

7.21 and you've come to see us BBW.
    You must really like us, but we don't care. :smile:
    This thread is like oxygen to me, mate.

It's similar to when you hear a group of people talking about you in a complimentary fashion and, in order to not interrupt them or harm the continued boosting of your ego, you do your best to ensure that they're unaware that you can hear them so that they carry on.

That's what this thread does for me.

The only difference being that my presence has no bearing on the continued affection towards us shown by your good selves. ;o)

May I just say that I'm finding some very endearing qualities in you, BBW, in addition to a decent sense of humour...and it worries me a tad.

In fact, it's becoming increasingly difficult to, well, not like you ( gulp!)

If you ever fancy swinging the other way or even merely giving it a try, just give me a call.....

You'd look SO much more handsome in red.

:wink:

'Swinging the other way'?

Please tell me you're not a man.......if you're not then drop me your digits and we'll sort something out ;o)

I see no point in coming on to a forum and making enemies. It's only football after all.

Don't get me wrong, the only guaranteed constants in my life are my family and Millwall and nothing will ever come between them and myself, although we all like to play the 'football is all important' card when, in fact, in the grand scheme of things, it really isn't.

Look, if you can't laugh at yourself then you can't really laugh at anyone else.

I may well be an extremely handsome chap but that doesn't mean I'm flawless and exempt from being laughed at by anyone.

Life is far too short.
    I'll let you into a little secret, BBW...

I actually have TEN digits

Something a few nawty Lifers believe you won't have seen too often...

:smile:

• Jarman said:

sammy391 said:

understandable tho

how about Bristol Rovers then Wycombe should have faced a points deduction last season that would have relegated them instead but just got a fine
    A completely unrelated issue (assuming you're talking about the fine for the way in which the sale of Matt Phillips was conducted?).

If the above is what you're using as a parallel to the charge against Rotherham then they're nothing like each other as they fall under different rules. One was for fielding an ineligible player and the other was for breaking agents rules (C2 of the regulations if I'm not mistaken).

What's stopping you?

I'd be surprised if they're any better than 1/4 to be honest. Got to be worth a few grand.

• Sponsored links:

• If the spanner's goal difference wasn't as bad as it is and both them and Rotherham won their remaining games. Brighton lose both theirs and they could go down, shouldn't they get the 3 puts that were taken off Rotherhsm?

What's stopping you?

You can get Derby at 5/6 at the moment.

What's stopping you?

You can get Derby at 5/6 at the moment.
    WHAT????

Anyone that doesn't take that needs their head testing.

• Its the hope that kills you
  • edited April 2015

Greenie said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

IdleHans said:

I am far more annoyed by the two late goals we gave them. Those will be the points that keep them up.

Yes that's a better way to look at it. Or Tucudean not burying that chance, they would have 2pts less.
    1 point
    they only got 1 point for that draw at The Valley lol
    :blush: so they did.

You got owned!! ;o)

7.21 and you've come to see us BBW.
    You must really like us, but we don't care. :smile:
    This thread is like oxygen to me, mate.

It's similar to when you hear a group of people talking about you in a complimentary fashion and, in order to not interrupt them or harm the continued boosting of your ego, you do your best to ensure that they're unaware that you can hear them so that they carry on.

That's what this thread does for me.

The only difference being that my presence has no bearing on the continued affection towards us shown by your good selves. ;o)

May I just say that I'm finding some very endearing qualities in you, BBW, in addition to a decent sense of humour...and it worries me a tad.

In fact, it's becoming increasingly difficult to, well, not like you ( gulp!)

If you ever fancy swinging the other way or even merely giving it a try, just give me a call.....

You'd look SO much more handsome in red.

:wink:

'Swinging the other way'?

Please tell me you're not a man.......if you're not then drop me your digits and we'll sort something out ;o)

I see no point in coming on to a forum and making enemies. It's only football after all.

Don't get me wrong, the only guaranteed constants in my life are my family and Millwall and nothing will ever come between them and myself, although we all like to play the 'football is all important' card when, in fact, in the grand scheme of things, it really isn't.

Look, if you can't laugh at yourself then you can't really laugh at anyone else.

I may well be an extremely handsome chap but that doesn't mean I'm flawless and exempt from being laughed at by anyone.

Life is far too short.
    I'll let you into a little secret, BBW...

I actually have TEN digits

Something a few nawty Lifers believe you won't have seen too often...

:smile:

Proper little flirt, aren't you? :smile:

• If the spanner's goal difference wasn't as bad as it is and both them and Rotherham won their remaining games. Brighton lose both theirs and they could go down, shouldn't they get the 3 puts that were taken off Rotherhsm?

I'd wondered about that as well, seeing that the ineligible player was one of the best players on the day.

What's to stop us illegally borrowing, for example Lionel Messi for the next game against Millwall, we win 6-0 denting their goal difference and boosting ours. We then lose the 3 points, meaning we get 0, but so do Millwall...
  • if Millwall stay up we only have ourselves to blame :-(

I'd wondered about that as well, seeing that the ineligible player was one of the best players on the day.

What's to stop us illegally borrowing, for example Lionel Messi for the next game against Millwall, we win 6-0 denting their goal difference and boosting ours. We then lose the 3 points, meaning we get 0, but so do Millwall...
    source